Teams to Beat???

pravo13

Who are the teams to beat this year? I graduated from Anderson in '03 and just recently moved back to Cincinnati, so I never got to play OHSAA-sanctioned high school hockey, just some exhibition games and holiday tournaments against them with my teams I played for in Northern KY, so I was just wondering who the powerhouses are these days, especially in the Cincy-Dayton area. When I played, I think Moeller was the team to beat, but I think I remember Centerville and Alter giving us good games too.

Also, what rinks do these teams call home?

Many feel Moeller will be having a "down" year this year, also, they moved out of the SWOHSHL and into a columbus league. They play their home games at the Cincinnati Gardens

Sycamore, Talawanda, St. Xavier, and Centerville are the best teams in the SWOHSHL currently.
Home rink in Parentheses.
Sycamore (Sports Plus)
Talawanda (Goggin)
St. Xavier (Cincinnati Gardens)
Centerville (South Metro) ???

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I think I'll try to check out some games this year. While I'm asking, do you know anything about the Indian Hill Winter Club? I had never heard of it until last year (so I presume it's fairly new), but I played in a men's league there and saw Mason practicing there once or twice. Any idea if they're any good, and if that's their home rink? It's the closest to where I live, so it might be easier to catch some of those "powerhouse" teams on the road when they play Mason.

Those are probably the best teams in the league.

Mason is a club team, so they aren't scheduled often against these teams, if at all. I don't know how good they are, but with a drawing pool of over 4000 students they should at least be decent.

The Indian Hill rink is new.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I think I'll try to check out some games this year. While I'm asking, do you know anything about the Indian Hill Winter Club? I had never heard of it until last year (so I presume it's fairly new), but I played in a men's league there and saw Mason practicing there once or twice. Any idea if they're any good, and if that's their home rink? It's the closest to where I live, so it might be easier to catch some of those "powerhouse" teams on the road when they play Mason.

Mason? They're not OHSAA sanctioned, and play in a club team league.

Teams include :

Indian Hill (IHWC)
Lakota West
Lakota East
Walnut Hills/Loveland (Gardens)
Mason
Elder (Gardens)
LaSalle (Gardens)

Others too, I just can't come up with the teams.

The IHWC is a fantastic facility, I've had the pleasure of skating there dozens of times, and it's really a nice rink, with a good community feeling. It's now in it's third or fourth season of operation, and is open only to members, and obviously the teams that play there.

The IHWC is a fantastic facility, I've had the pleasure of skating there dozens of times, and it's really a nice rink, with a good community feeling. It's now in it's third or fourth season of operation, and is open only to members, and obviously the teams that play there.

Agreed, I love the place. I think, with my income (or lack thereof), I'll opt to be a "team that plays there" as opposed to a member. Someday, though, it would be neat to share the ice with the likes of Chris Sabo and his colleagues during the open ice.

Agreed, I love the place. I think, with my income (or lack thereof), I'll opt to be a "team that plays there" as opposed to a member. Someday, though, it would be neat to share the ice with the likes of Chris Sabo and his colleagues during the open ice.

:laugh:

Yeah, I've got connections there, so I can go in all the time. :D

:laugh:

Yeah, I've got connections there, so I can go in all the time. :D

Lucky s.o.b. :cool: Sometimes, I contemplate sneaking upstairs into the bar area, but I fear I'll be discovered and made to feel like a 5 year old being scolded by someone else's parent.

Lucky s.o.b. :cool: Sometimes, I contemplate sneaking upstairs into the bar area, but I fear I'll be discovered and made to feel like a 5 year old being scolded by someone else's parent.

Those Indian Hill kids cant share anything

What league is Moeller playing out of? There's no mention of them on the Capital Hockey Conference (Columbus) website, and they seem to have been left out of the equation on the SWOHSHL website, as well.

moeller plays wherever they want to, as dictated by senior drew "bad---" rosselot. contrary to popular belief, it is not moeller's coach that calls the shots, but it is in fact rosselot that makes the decisions. this deception is only to help coach reed save face. the rule in place is that he has to ask permission from bad--- to make any important decisions. ex: moving from the swoshl to the columbus league

moeller plays wherever they want to, as dictated by senior drew "bad---" rosselot. contrary to popular belief, it is not moeller's coach that calls the shots, but it is in fact rosselot that makes the decisions. this deception is only to help coach reed save face. the rule in place is that he has to ask permission from bad--- to make any important decisions. ex: moving from the swoshl to the columbus league

What Columbus league?

Moeller is in the CHC

i dunno i just know that they moved to a columbus league

Moeller moved to the Capital Hockey Conference (CHC)

http://www.capitalhockeyconference.com/

However, the web site has not been updated since last year so it does not show Moeller as a member. What a great welcome!? :wallbang:

I think any team who lets a teenage player make the decisions is doomed for failure.:stirthepot: Good Luck Moeller, not!:stirthepot:

Moeller moved to the Capital Hockey Conference (CHC)

http://www.capitalhockeyconference.com/

However, the web site has not been updated since last year so it does not show Moeller as a member. What a great welcome!? :wallbang:

I think any team who lets a teenage player make the decisions is doomed for failure.:stirthepot: Good Luck Moeller, not!:stirthepot:

I disagree, i think that the team is in great hands when Drew Bad--- Rooselot keeps them safe. These hands are the same ones that he slit a water buffalo's throat with. Bad--- calls the shots and has done well so far. If only he could have told Reed to schedule more home games, his fans may not be able to drive hours to see him annihilate this year which is a major atrocity. Bad--- is not just a teenage boy though, he is a man among men, a fearless leader that would die for his team if he had to, the only problem with this is that Bad--- cannot die.

god shut up about roselot, he sucks!

Jealousy?

its ok i understand you will never be as successful as Bad---
you will never be as strong as Bad---
you will never be as smart as Bad---
as talented on the ice

lets just face it you will never be as good as bad--- at anything and its not your fault no one is he is simply not human i cant explain it.

but your jealousy is not a reason to try to insult him and if your going to refer to him call him by his name.... Bad---

Show some respect for superiority!