Teams this year...

I can't wait for this year to onfold. I am very excited about the possiblities of every team. I think the league has a amazing amout of parity in all divsions. Bennies01 in response to your comment on Benedictine. I think Bob Kehres deserves a great amount credit. I ever noticed benedictine until last year. They have been in the Red baron cup three years in a row and the program has only been around for seven years. He is up there with the top coaches Mallory,Bartley, Prpic,..etc. I really think Kehres deserves some recongtion for resurrecting this program and the sucsess he has brot

Charlie77 said:
I can't wait for this year to onfold. I am very excited about the possiblities of every team. I think the league has a amazing amout of parity in all divsions. Bennies01 in response to your comment on Benedictine. I think Bob Kehres deserves a great amount credit. I ever noticed benedictine until last year. They have been in the Red baron cup three years in a row and the program has only been around for seven years. He is up there with the top coaches Mallory,Bartley, Prpic,..etc. I really think Kehres deserves some recongtion for resurrecting this program and the sucsess he has brot

He's done an outstanding job of building the program and he's a very good coach. The program kind of floats underneath the radar because they're not in the Red North (yet), but I'm glad that they're starting to get some recognition. This is especially sweet for me personally because I was on those first two teams when he and his brother started it up, and we really had it rough. But they've worked their way up to the point where they have beaten some of the big-time programs out of the Red North and last year were on the brink of beating a very talented Gilmour club in the District quaterfinals. If a few things fall into place, they could be competing for a state title in the next two or three years. Thank you for the compliments.

Trinity Trojans

:wallbang: Trinity apparenlty lost to Padua something like 20-0 in a scrimmage. I can understand why Ferf would want to move up the Red North. This Trinity team won't win a game even in a Red North "down year". It might have been a smart move though because Trinity may have finished last in the Red South this year and been forced to move to the White.

Charlie77 said:
:wallbang: Trinity apparenlty lost to Padua something like 20-0 in a scrimmage. I can understand why Ferf would want to move up the Red North. This Trinity team won't win a game even in a Red North "down year". It might have been a smart move though because Trinity may have finished last in the Red South this year and been forced to move to the White.

Wow, 20-0? Did Padua miss the extra point?

But seriously though, I didn't realize how down Trinity was supposed to be this year.

i saw moeller vs cville...Moeller won 5-0...Moeller seems to have a solid team but only one line that produces...They lack some size also, just buncha lanky skinny kids who can skate fast...There isnt one OUTSTANDING player like always so no-one to necessarily look for...Just their first line. Springboro lacks a goalie and solid D...Centerville lacks some depth but have a good goalie...Ross and Conway will have heavy shoulders this year...From some of the refs i talked to sunday said Alter looked pretty pathetic but I havent seen them. This is a big down year for swoshl so for anyone to claim 1st place is a and should pick up the rollerblades and stick to street hockey...

Weekend games

How did other teams from SWOHSHL do last weekend?

Moeller 5-0 over Centerville
Troy 4-2 over Findlay
Talawanda over Cathedral Chattard from Indy 5-2

trinity scrimmage scores

Trinity has had two scrimmages this year:

Padua 7 Trinity 6
Toledo St. Francis 8 Trinity 5

exhscoach said:
Trinity has had two scrimmages this year:

Padua 7 Trinity 6
Toledo St. Francis 8 Trinity 5

Oh that's not bad at all. Of course Padua is the defending champions and St. Francis is supposed to be really tough this year. I don't see Trinity winning a lot of games in the Red North, but they may be able to avoid last place.

Bennies'01 said:
-St. Ignatius is going to be playing the entire season with a chip on their shoulder, and in my opinion, they have to be the favorite in this division.

I agree. They almost left the GCHSHL over their demotion to the Red East. I look for them to win the East title.

I honestly think after watching some more hockey this weekend that SWOHSHL should be left out of these threads...You guys dont realize how incredibly weak it is this year, including Moeller. Not one team has depth and 99% of the teams are relying on the same 2-3 players to carry everyone...Moeller will have some wins here n there of course(---- s'boro beat UA last year...everyone gets lucky)...but it is a very weak league this year...

alter played dublin scioto and sycamore and won both games with scores of 5-3 against dublin and 7-1 against sycamore

FWIW, the Dispatch reported the following scores from yesterday:

Thomas Worthington 3, Cleveland Benedictine 2
Maumee 3, Dublin Jerome 1
Columbus St. Charles 3, Shadeyside (PA) Academy 1

Gahanna Lincoln 3, Worthington Kilbourne 2
Cincinnati Moeller 5, Dublin Jerome 2

The Dispatch shows Jerome 8-5-2 on the season, and Moeller is 9-7.