Teams this year...

xbomber16

So how are everyone's teams looking this year? any new frosh who may dominate the high school ranks like han and his speed?

Moeller is going to dominate this year again.... I plan on being number 1 in state... yea i said it, i predictic it right now!

I think you can pretty much guaruntee that Northview won't make a repeat trip to the state finals. I actually think the Toledo teams may be a little weak this year, they lose a lot of good players.

Moeller may dominate in SW Ohio but it isn't even close with many of the CHC teams or Northern ohio. That said...I'm from SWOHSHL and have serious doubts that Moeller will dominate even in this league. What goal tending does moeller have LJ? Hah...every team in the league just waits for him to blow a gasket. Sure he can be good but his head is the biggest problem. You have tommy owens and he is very good however I'm still not sold on the Korst brothers...and you just don't have the strength of past years. Goal tending wins games and that is why teams like talawanda and beavercreek will do fine even though they lost some goal scoring.

ummm tally lost rooney if im not mistaken,
beavercreek's season hangs on anthonys shoulders...
troy should be strong from the north
moeller should win the south and the swoshl

as for being number one in the state...yea right
toledo teams did lose tons of talent and i think it might be an off year for them but when is the red north ever weak?
One of the red north teams will win state again this year

I think Beavercreek will have hard time figuring out how to replace that scoring McClure produced for them the past two seasons. They need a big season from Dann in goal and Green on defense.

On that note though I'm wondering who is going to take over the scoring this season in the SWOHSHL? No Glass or McClure.......I can't remember who else there was last year, those two were definately on top though.

creek wont be good. they lost alot of talent. didnt they also lose that steel kid who was pretty good? they might have one line that MIGHT be able to school a goal.

Beavercreek should do just fine. They have probably the best goal tender in the league in Anthony Dann and solid D with Mitch Green and probably one of the best forwards in the league Arron Huber. Other solid players include Seager, Mike Murphy, Adam Baldwin. They will be fine especially with really strong goalies.

i believe creek wont be as good this year. I have talked to some of the guys back home. The D will be better than ever and anthony will need to just play his game and he can handle the challenge. as for the O... not looking to hot, lost me, hoene, steele, and harsh. we do have an incoming freshman named matt green who should do pretty well for them, most likely top 2 scorers on the team. He is young and will take him a few weeks to get used to the speed

as for moller... i cant really see them dominating... they will be one of the top teams in swohshl but they wont be the best.LJ will lose it in a close game and they dont have much offense but they have some.

As what people have said about goaltending for this season. Thats what is going to win the games. Goaltending is extremely weak this year and there will be some high scoring games, especially with the new rules being inforced for this season.

I also think that northview has a good chance at being top three teams in state this year.
Peace out,
lee

creek15hockey said:
I also think that northview has a good chance at being top three teams in state this year.
Peace out,
lee

Northview loses way too much to be that good. They won't be able to replace McElheney, Hirschfeld, LaVoy, Thanasiu, and Hurst in one year.

Moeller didn't dominate the league last year, so saying they will do it "again" is a bit of a stretch, I seem to remember a blowout loss to Talawanda, a loss to St. X and a playoff loss to Troy last season, not a lot of domination.

Talawanda lost Rooney but picked up Allen Dowler. Also Philips was only a So. last year and he was in the top three of league scoring so he should be near the top. Also Drew Hoover was around 6 or 7 spot and he was a Frosh.

hockey in natti and cbus is a joke compared to toledo and cleveland i cant see any team from the south winning the state championship ever

crusader23 said:
Moeller is going to dominate this year again.... I plan on being number 1 in state... yea i said it, i predictic it right now!

so i guess st. eds should just play their regular season games then just not worry about playing in the playoffs since moeller has it wrapped up?

moeller has a decent team this year. but like every1s said so far, it will mostly come down to goaltending, and thats what moeller lacks, good, consistant, goaltending. i do however think that moeller has a good chance of winning swoshl (dont even talk about state) if they can get past talawanda which is probably going to be the best team in swoshl this year.

St. Edward will be in the mix, as always.

Look for the ususal suspects in NE Ohio (SE, US, SH, PF, GA)

as far as i know i think that the coach's daughter is going to play net. I know that they had a back-up to fred last year but the rumor going around is that he is unrelieable so chelsea will be the starter

Charlie77 said:
Red North - St Edward or US
Red South East - Benedictine
Red South West - EC

Interesting predictions. While I love seeing Benedictine getting the credit they deserve, I'm not sure I agree. The Red East is going to be very tough:

-St. Ignatius is going to be playing the entire season with a chip on their shoulder, and in my opinion, they have to be the favorite in this division.

-Benedictine has a tremendous goaltender, one of the best in the Cleveland area, and he's going to steal this team some games. However he can't be counted on to do it all by himself--the Bengals are going to have to find some people to step up and replace last year's very solid senior class. But if things come together they can win this division and keep their Baron Cup appearance streak alive.

-North Olmsted is coming off an outstanding season last year where they competed with and beat some of the best teams in Cleveland, even a few in the Red North. They lose some talent, but I still expect them to be very tough.

-Hudson has gone through some rough years recently, but with the son of Shaker Heights legend Bartley coming in and taking over, I look for this squad to be much improved. The talent is there, but can it be harnessed?

All in all, I can't wait to see what happens in this very competitive division. Anything goes and there should be a lot of wild games. :thumb:

I recall during the summer creek's goalie anthony dann said he might be having some grade problems, any news on that?? I dont see moeller winning the league, and to tell you the truth i have no predictions on who would win the league it seems like a toss up. All the scoring is gone, all the good goaltending is gone with the exception of dann, and for somebody to say that moeller is number one in the state is obsurd. I wouldn't expect a SWOHSHL team to make it past the second round in the tourney. I predict St. Eds to take the crown this year.

is johan lundh from st x as good as ive heard he is? since hes from sweden i would bet he is but i would just like to hear from people who actually play hockey

nogoals35 said:
I recall during the summer creek's goalie anthony dann said he might be having some grade problems, any news on that?? I dont see moeller winning the league, and to tell you the truth i have no predictions on who would win the league it seems like a toss up. All the scoring is gone, all the good goaltending is gone with the exception of dann, and for somebody to say that moeller is number one in the state is obsurd. I wouldn't expect a SWOHSHL team to make it past the second round in the tourney. I predict St. Eds to take the crown this year.

first of all, dann isnt the only good goaltender. alan dowler from tallawanda will be stong i hear. also dont rule moeller out completely. their only real loss from last year was defensemen eric korst who will be replaced by tommy owen. their fowards lost can easily be replaced. moeller does have alot of speed, and i mean ALOT of speed, but they only have like 3 kids who can score goals. so the whole offense is going to need to step up and score if they want to win the league. and i agree. swoshl teams shouldnt start talking about state.

predictions

I think St Edward is gonna take the Red North. They have Robbie Ginsberg in goal who is a step up from Graves. I see US maybe even slipping to third in the Red North standings behind Padua and Eds. Brian Tighe is a fundamentally sound goaltender. In the Red South East I like Benedictine, there goalie Todd Marshall is certainly one of the best in the cleveland area. St. Ignatius and North Olmsted I see as having a equal chance at the east too.Hudson was overall pretty bad last year.Hopefully Bartleys son can do the best with the limited talent he has there.They no longer have Gordie in goal and should struggle on D. In the Red West I like Elyria Catholic. They return all of there offense and I see them taking the West relativly easily. Normandy and Avon lake are always in the mix. Kevin Kustich, Normandys goaltender is great. Strongsville squard is depleted and should be the doormat of the west.

I think Strongsville has a new coach, as well. That program has some very serious issues, many of them revolving around parents getting "too involved" if you know what I mean.