Tallmadge Athletic Boosters

After years of hanging around this message board and seeing mountains of cheering, debating and contesting it amazes me how quiet things have gotten. I see the view count on posts is still there, but comments are almost nil. Nothing about a Tallmadge Alumni signing with an NFL team? This board was a great way to share news and opinions and share in successes in our community.

Anyhow, this post is to the parents that have their children participating in Tallmadge sports, and parents who have kids that may participate when they are old enough, and what the heck, parents of kids who have played a sport and graduated.

We are entering a new era in Tallmadge. The stadium is going to be ready for the upcoming season. After that, the new baseball and softball stadiums will be completed. Tallmadge will have first class facilities and something they can be proud of and no longer be scoffed at by visiting schools.

Last night, and I am ashamed to admit this, I attended my first Athletic Booster meeting. I now regret not doing this while my kids were in school. I learned last night this small group of people have held together a small organization that does a very large job for our kids. Not just football and basketball. Not just the high school. All sports, including the middle school teams, have benefitted from the boosters.

I remember when my son was playing 9th grade football. During the parents meeting it was told parents of 9th grade players are asked to sell 50/50 tickets at the games. I ended up doing several games because of the lack of parents willing to help. They no longer ask the parents to do it because nobody would. I find that sad.

After last night meeting I learned the boosters don't ask a lot. They don't ask for huge financial obligations. But they may ask for some of your time. Helping out at a fundraiser. Showing your support. Showing you care. And the more people that help, the less time individuals have to commit to. Believe me, I understand how precious time is. But if your son or daughter plays a sport in Tallmadge, they will benefit from the boosters in some way, shape or form. As a parent, be willing to be sure they are a part of something they can be proud of.

If you go to a meeting, you will learn what they do and what they need. And they are open to new ideas to be even more successful. Things don't just magically happen. Things don't just magically appear. There are a few people that work very hard to try and provide for our towns athletic programs.

There will be a new booster president for the upcoming school year. Help her make Tallmadge sports bigger and better.

I plan on making up for lost time in anyway I can. Perhaps some of the people like me will too. There is a meeting in June. It won't cost you a dime to see what they are planning.

Its a good time to be in Tallmadge. Lets make it even better.

https://www.tallmadgesports.com

Great post buddy! I agree that the support in Tallmadge has really fallen off in the past half decade or so. I feel like attendance is really down in football and in basketball. Also, it is not fair to put these kids up against the other Suburban schools who have great facilities, more students, and most importantly SUPPORT from the community.

After years of hanging around this message board and seeing mountains of cheering, debating and contesting it amazes me how quiet things have gotten. I see the view count on posts is still there, but comments are almost nil. Nothing about a Tallmadge Alumni signing with an NFL team? This board was a great way to share news and opinions and share in successes in our community.

I've been lamenting this change in the community for a few years now. There seem to be alot less "unconnected" people attending the sporting events in Tallmadge. Seems most of the people at the games have kids that are participating or they expect that their kids will become future participants.

I'm hoping that the new football stadium will reawaken that community spirit. Would be happy to see a few of them around here posting again too. It can be alot of fun when there is energy in the community even if the program isn't championship caliber at the moment. I remember when Vassalotti was first hired after Jeff Moore was let go, there was alot of chatter on here from a community that was starving for a successful football team. It took a couple of years but they delivered.

As for the Booster Club, more people should definitely join. The amount of work they do to help all the student athletes is incredible.

One thing I wanted to add to this, we went down to the Hole tonight to watch a softball game. Didn't have anyone playing in the game, just wanted to watch the game. In the distant past, there were alot of people who showed up to games without anyone involved. It's a great environment down there and alot of fun for the community. I think if people would take in a couple games like this every year, they would be surprised how entertaining it is.

I've been lamenting this change in the community for a few years now. There seem to be alot less "unconnected" people attending the sporting events in Tallmadge. Seems most of the people at the games have kids that are participating or they expect that their kids will become future participants.

I'm hoping that the new football stadium will reawaken that community spirit. Would be happy to see a few of them around here posting again too. It can be alot of fun when there is energy in the community even if the program isn't championship caliber at the moment. I remember when Vassalotti was first hired after Jeff Moore was let go, there was alot of chatter on here from a community that was starving for a successful football team. It took a couple of years but they delivered.

It is amazing what a good high school football team can do for morale in a small community like Tallmadge. It makes the week go by easier and brings excitement leading into a weekend of football. When Tallmadge was good in the past, it was great to see these teams compete. I remember watching a 3-2 shootout in the mudpit against Highland.

One thing I wanted to add to this, we went down to the Hole tonight to watch a softball game. Didn't have anyone playing in the game, just wanted to watch the game. In the distant past, there were alot of people who showed up to games without anyone involved. It's a great environment down there and alot of fun for the community. I think if people would take in a couple games like this every year, they would be surprised how entertaining it is.

You are right, you go to a couple of games and get a sort of connection to the team. I was shocked by the low turnout game in and game out when the baseball team was making their runs to Cbus the past couple of years.

It is amazing what a good high school football team can do for morale in a small community like Tallmadge. It makes the week go by easier and brings excitement leading into a weekend of football. When Tallmadge was good in the past, it was great to see these teams compete. I remember watching a 3-2 shootout in the mudpit against Highland.

Agreed. Football can do wonders for the morale. Hoping this season is going to be a good one. There was a rumor that a few Seniors to be that were good athletes were going to be coming out for the football team this year after not playing for a few years. If they do, that could really help solidify this team.

Agreed. Football can do wonders for the morale. Hoping this season is going to be a good one. There was a rumor that a few Seniors to be that were good athletes were going to be coming out for the football team this year after not playing for a few years. If they do, that could really help solidify this team.

That is good and I am sure they will help BUT them not playing last year or previous years really hurt how good the team could be this year. At the same time these students, who I would imagine specialized in other sports, now hurt those teams!

That is good and I am sure they will help BUT them not playing last year or previous years really hurt how good the team could be this year. At the same time these students, who I would imagine specialized in other sports, now hurt those teams!

The problem is that almost no one played last year. There will be a handful of returning lettermen. Since the JV team only played a couple of games, most of the underclassmen basically had a year off. It was good for them to get the practice but with a new Head Coach, the learning curve for those that played and those that did not will be virtually the same.

Just hoping these kids play because having more athletes on the football field is a good thing. If not, probably have to push some kids up from the lower grades to fill some holes.

There was a Freshmen team this past year. It was 2 years ago they didn't have a Freshmen team. Next year's Juniors have played very little football the last two years.