Taft @ Withrow Predictions

Withrow has outscored their opponents 183-6
Can Taft come in and beat Withrow? Are they the top 2 teams in the CMAC?

Last edited:

Let’s see. Withrow has beaten Thurgood 0 - 5
Walnut Hills 2-3
Poinitz Tech 2-3
Belmont. 1- 2
Trotwood. 0 - 4
Withrow is doing a good job but I can’t jump on the Bandwagon yet. This week they play Taft and they should be a good test for The Row!

Walnut Hills 2-3
Poinitz Tech 2-3
Belmont. 1- 2
Trotwood. 0 - 4
Withrow is doing a good job but I can’t jump on the Bandwagon yet. This week they play Taft and they should be a good test for The Row!
I asked for predictions, your statement didn’t answer any of those questions

I’m going with Withrow. I think they’re coach has them really buying in on the program. I like Taft a lot however I believe they are just a year out from being a really good D4 team.

While the response may have been childish (or just intended to be sarcastic), you have this from yesterday......

The Withrow-Taft game is Saturday afternoon at 2. This is due to prior issues with these schools playing.

Gun shots ring out game ends in a tie
1, Completely idiotic, yet not surprising response.
2. The game is being held at Withrow, which is in the middle of a very nice neighborhood. No one is driving around shooting.
3. It is a fierce rivalry between the schools, however, the majority of the issues have come from "neighborhood elements" that surround the students, not necessarily the students themselves.
4. CPD and Withrow security are very good about mitigating issues at events.
5. Withrow will win this one.

Withrow has a very good defense and should win this one by a couple scores. Yes their schedule is very weak but Coach Jones is doing a good job and winning the games hes supposed to. The top 2 teams in this league are Withrow and Hughes at the moment. Taft is in the mix as well but not as good as those two. The rest of the league is way behind.

1, Completely idiotic, yet not surprising response.
2. The game is being held at Withrow, which is in the middle of a very nice neighborhood. No one is driving around shooting.
3. It is a fierce rivalry between the schools, however, the majority of the issues have come from "neighborhood elements" that surround the students, not necessarily the students themselves.
4. CPD and Withrow security are very good about mitigating issues at events.
5. Withrow will win this one.
People have gone around shooting in the parking lot after games at Withrow before. There are typically issues when they play Taft, Woodward, and Hughs. I have been at Withrow 2x when bullets went flying in the lot.... Once for football, once for basketball.

Don't say it doesn't happen. Yes, police and security do a nice job, but outside the stadium is where the issues are. There are too many variables that cannot be controlled by CPD or security. Moving the game to Saturday afternoon was a smart move for safety.

Withrow 28-13...They are good...2-2-Taft was off last weekend that will not help them. Should be a good first half but Withrow pulls away in the second half. Too much size and speed...

While the response may have been childish (or just intended to be sarcastic), you have this from yesterday......

How does this article relate to a prediction of the game?

Walnut Hills 2-3
Poinitz Tech 2-3
Belmont. 1- 2
Trotwood. 0 - 4
Taft wins 13 to 7!

Interesting game. I went and witness a team (Taft) played a great game. Withrow was much bigger but way too undisciplined with silly penalties, players talking back to coaches, and or losing control coaches cursing and yelling at each other. For Taft staff to be young (based on looks) they were coaching the players up and encouraging the players to keep playing hard. Tyler Williams is a good young coach I guess the Colerain's Tom Bolden influence. I was very impressed with his composure. Fun atmosphere! The score doesn't reflect how bad Taft really beat them. Taft was very physical. Lastly, looking at the roster printed I counted 27 seniors of 53 players. So I wonder were those the freshmen who I remember reading about from the coach before who they hated....Congrats Taft!

Interesting game. I went and witness a team (Taft) played a great game. Withrow was much bigger but way too undisciplined with silly penalties, players talking back to coaches, and or losing control coaches cursing and yelling at each other. For Taft staff to be young (based on looks) they were coaching the players up and encouraging the players to keep playing hard. Tyler Williams is a good young coach I guess the Colerain's Tom Bolden influence. I was very impressed with his composure. Fun atmosphere! The score doesn't reflect how bad Taft really beat them. Taft was very physical. Lastly, looking at the roster printed I counted 27 seniors of 53 players. So I wonder were those the freshmen who I remember reading about from the coach before who they hated....Congrats Taft!
Interesting…because we were there too and didn’t witness a single claim that was expressed. Withrow apparently played their back up QBs who had a big time problem with handling the snap. I counted 6-8 muffed center/QB exchanges(one which was a scoop and score) and would bet willing to that Taft didn’t gain 100 yards of total offense.

Taft was handed a gift.

I didn’t see a single confrontation between the coaches nor did I hear of one. I know the coaches ??‍♂️

Last edited:
You traditionally try to make those city coaches and programs look bad.

stop the fake news!
For the record, no one tries to make city coaches look bad. As I said, Tyler Williams who's a city coach, coached a good game. And the question you should be asking is where was the starter and why is the starter not playing. I argue FACTS not FEELINGS.