SWOHSHL Scores??

Yes there has been a 5 seed before, the bracket used to be seperated by north south. So 5 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 the the one seed would play the lowest seed remaining. And as far as the " weaker " north teams, its tournament anything can happen... First time X won it they upset tally and moe, then beat beavercreek in overtime, when they were referred to as the second weakest team in the league. Don't underestimate teams, where is the tourny being held this year?

This tournament is flawed in many ways, first of all I know that they are trying to split up the brackets to make the tournament as fair as possible but this really isn't fair to the players, coaches and parents because they will not know who or when they play in the next game. The way this thing works is that the teams will not know when or who they play until after all of the first round games are finished.

Also would would they put it at Kettering? This is not close for any of the teams except of Alter and Beavercreek. It was in Dayton last year so it's not like they like to mix it up. not only should this be somewhere in Cincinnati, but the place they have it in now is the furthest place from most people.

Thursday night scores:

St X over Centerville 3-2 (shootout)
Tally over Boro 9-1

Tonight:
Moe v Alter
Creek v Sycamore

Thursday night scores:

St X over Centerville 3-2 (shootout)
Tally over Boro 9-1

Tonight:
Moe v Alter
Creek v Sycamore

Wow, the shootout was sick. Joe Gieringer played amazing in it. Although, I thought the Centerville players had the chances to score.

Cincinnati (CAHA) hosts the Buckeye League tourney this weekend and next so very little ice available and Sports Plus, which they don't use, is ridiculously impossible to work with.

i personally think they should have it at goggin ice center because its the best rink in the state but its far from other schools except for talawanda

The Goggin could possibly the farthest rink for everyteam by far excapt Tallawanda. South Metro is probably the best rink, right off the highway, three teams already play there and its an hour from troy, hour or so from tally, hour and a half from cinci...

Its a beautiful rink but probably the worst rink besides Hobart to host the tourny

Talawanda Tournament Champ

Tally 6
Sycamore 2

Tally scored the first six, then dumped their bench onto the ice. Score was 3-0 after 1. Sycamore managed to get a Power Play goal and an even strength goal. The issue was never really in doubt.

Also would would they put it at Kettering? This is not close for any of the teams except of Alter and Beavercreek. It was in Dayton last year so it's not like they like to mix it up. not only should this be somewhere in Cincinnati, but the place they have it in now is the furthest place from most people.

The tournament site was the South Metro (2006) and Cincinnati Gardens two years in a row (2007 and 2008). The location rotates amongst the available sites such that no team enjoys a "home ice" advantage for a number of years running. And, as a modest corrections, Centerville and Springboro are less than 15 minutes from KRC. Plus, you can make it from Cincy in less than an hour. I would expect Hobart to get their turn, unless the Cincy teams pitch a fit. Goggin is a beautiful place, but not sure how many teams want to travel to Goggin and ulitamately face Talawanda on home ice. That said, they should get their turn, IMHO. Next year would be good, since that is the best chance for a "down year" for them.

The tournament site was the South Metro (2006) and Cincinnati Gardens two years in a row (2007 and 2008). The location rotates amongst the available sites such that no team enjoys a "home ice" advantage for a number of years running. And, as a modest corrections, Centerville and Springboro are less than 15 minutes from KRC. Plus, you can make it from Cincy in less than an hour. I would expect Hobart to get their turn, unless the Cincy teams pitch a fit. Goggin is a beautiful place, but not sure how many teams want to travel to Goggin and ulitamately face Talawanda on home ice. That said, they should get their turn, IMHO. Next year would be good, since that is the best chance for a "down year" for them.

It was defiantly at South Metro last year and Gardens on 07, and I live pretty close to downtown Cincy but right off of 75 and it still took us over an hour each time to get there each time. If you go by quality pick Goggin. Sports Plus wouldn't be that bad, plus they have two ice sheets

I stand corrected:

Year - Tourney Site - Winner
2009 - Kettering Rec - Talawanda
2008 - South Metro - Talawanda
2007 - Cincy Gardens - Talawanda (some 1st round games at South Metro)
2006 - South Metro - Beavercreek
2005 - Hobart - ????
2004 -

Wow, the shootout was sick. Joe Gieringer played amazing in it. Although, I thought the Centerville players had the chances to score.

Yea, I wish I had video of St X #20 tripping across blueline then getting back up, then regaining composure to score in shoot-out. Centerville parent next to me thought it was a diversionary tactic. NICE!

I stand corrected:

Year - Tourney Site - Winner
2009 - Kettering Rec - Talawanda
2008 - South Metro - Talawanda
2007 - Cincy Gardens - Talawanda (some 1st round games at South Metro)
2006 - South Metro - Beavercreek
2005 - Hobart - ????
2004 -

Moeller won in 2005 at Hobart... went on to the final 4

It was defiantly at South Metro last year and Gardens on 07, and I live pretty close to downtown Cincy but right off of 75 and it still took us over an hour each time to get there each time. If you go by quality pick Goggin. Sports Plus wouldn't be that bad, plus they have two ice sheets

Sports Plus's locker rooms are the grossest things I have ever set foot in.

Someone has to have the video of this. There's no way nobody taped that game. It'll just be hard to find it.

Picked up the puck at center ice, lost an edge just inside the blue line and went down on his knees, popped back up and sniped it over the goalies shoulder. Awesome!

can anybody give me scores for the alter/moe game? and then I imagine sycamore beat one of those two teams to get to the finals. it would help immensely if the swohshl website weren't complete crap

First Round: Thursday, February 12
Centerville (#1 North)- 2 vs. St. Xavier- 3 (#4 South) Shootout
Oxford-Talawanda- 9 (#1 South) vs. Springboro- 1 (#4 North)

First Round (continued): Friday, February 13
Beavercreek- 2 (#2 North) vs. Sycamore- 6 (#3 South)
Moeller- 9 (#2 South) vs. Alter - 2 (#3 North)

Semifinals: Saturday, February 14
Moeller- 2 vs Sycamore- 4
Oxford-Talawanda- 6 vs St Xavier- 2

Championship: Sunday, February 15
Oxford-Talawanda- 6 vs. Sycamore- 2