SWOHSHL North Seed Scenarios

TimtheEnchanter

Beavercreek is either the #1 or #2 seed. A win or tie vs Alter makes Creek the Number #1 seed. Or, if Beavercreek loses and Centerville loses then Creek is the #1 seed.

Centerville is the #1, 2, or 3 seed. If Centerville beats Alter, and Alter beats Beavercreek then the Elks are the #1 seed. If Centerville beats Alter, and Creek wins or ties Alter then, Centerville is the #2. If Alter wins out, then Centerville is the #3 because they would lose the tiebreaker to the Knights.

Alter is a #2, 3, or 4 seed. If the win out over Centerville, Beavercreek, and Troy they win the #2 seed on a tiebreaker over the Elks. If they lose out they fall to the number 4 seed. If they lose to the Elks and Beavers, then they need to beat Troy, even if Troy beats the Aves, the Kinights would win the head-to-head tiebreaker for the #3 seed. If Alter and Troy tie in last game and lose both lose remaining game, they end up tied in points, but Alter is the #3 on the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Troy is a 3 or 4 seed. If Troy beats the Aves then beats Alter, they would need one more loss by Alter to win the #3 seed. Or, if Alter to loses to the Elks and Beavers, then Troy beats them on the last Sunday of the regular season Troy has the outright win of the #3 seed. Tiebreaker scenarios can be deep in this matchup. If Troy beats Alter and they end up tied on points, then they will have split the head-to-head, tied in their division record, and tied in the overall record. That leaves it to goal differential - Alter is minus 15 and Troy is minus 7 at present, so Troy is the likely winner of that tiebreaker for the #3 seed.

Got all that? I shoild put a disclaimer on this, I am not nor ever have been affiliated with the SWOHSHL office, so all of this could be consider pure, unofficial conjecture.

Beavercreek- #1N; Centerville- #2N

Final Weekend Results:
Friday 2/5
Centerville at Alter - did not play - cancelled due to weather

Saturday 2/6
Alter 2 at Beavercreek 6 - Beavercreek wins North Division. Centerville is the #2 North Seed. Alter and Troy still tied at 4 pts.

Sycamore at Troy - ??????

Sunday 2/7
Alter at Troy - ?????

Sycamore at Troy was cancelled due to weather, also. I guess we'll find out what happens with the two cancelled games at the league meeting on Wednesday.

Cancelled Games

SWOHSHL web site just came up as I was writing this reply. Troy beat Alter 3-2. Tpoy is listed as #3 seed in bracket, Alter #4.

Interesting, Troy has 6 points. Alter has 4 points. Both have played 9 games, but Alter has played one less North Division game.

Head to Head they are 1-1.

Division records:
Alter 1-4
Trory 2-4

Overall:
Alter 2-7
Troy 3-6

Alters goal differential is -20 Troys is -6. Delta is 14 in Troys favor.

If Alter were to beat Centerville by 5 and Sycamore were to mercy Troy, then theoretically Alter GD would be -15 and Troy GD would be -16. Thereby Alter would 4th tiebreaker. Unlikely as it may seem, anything could happen:shrug:

Guess the SWOHSHL powers that be aren't interested in playing out that scenario. Gotta admit, neither would I.