Small school (7):

Valley View
Carlisle
Madison
Waynesville
Brookville
Oakwood
Eaton

Certainly a football decision and not very helpful for soccer. Would hope that in the small school division, teams only play once. Going back to only 4 non-conference games would not help teams like Oakwood.

As someone stated before Oakwood needs to up their schedule strength to prepare for the tournament. This change will not help that. Hopefully it’s just 1 game for their sake.

Agree it is a horrible division for Oakwood's soccer teams. Their ascendency in the last couple of years will not be helped...as they will receive no competition in league play. While no one will agree to do this....I think a European pro league approach for league play from season to season would be the way to go. Two divisions. The bottom two teams in the top division are relegated to the second division....as the top two in the second move up for the next season. Each sport at each school is judged separately. This evens up the league for the great disparity from sport to sport across the league.

Yeah, I really don't understand all of the SWBL changes overall. To me, I think it's only with football in mind, and even doesn't benefit the smaller schools in that sport either. For a school like Oakwood, they'll need to really up that OOC schedule to help balance this out.

Yeah, I really don't understand all of the SWBL changes overall. To me, I think it's only with football in mind, and even doesn't benefit the smaller schools in that sport either. For a school like Oakwood, they'll need to really up that OOC schedule to help balance this out.
Seems like 99% of league changes are fb driven.

Seems like 99% of league changes are fb driven.
Of course. It and basketball. This isn't a surprise to anyone.

Not sure why it's really "debated" by soccer people. It's not like it's even really a thought when conference/league changes are made.

One might suggest it is strictly a change to keep Bellbrook football from leaving. Adding to d2's to their league really helps their Harbin possibilities as they had outgrown all other schools in the league. As a league member, I would have let them walk. As a journalist, I am glad they did not because Charlie and his athletic department are as accommodating, friendly and reactive as it gets.

Charl
isOne might suggest it is strictly a change to keep Bellbrook football from leaving. Adding to d2's to their league really helps their Harbin possibilities as they had outgrown all other schools in the league. As a league member, I would have let them walk. As a journalist, I am glad they did not because Charlie and his athletic department are as accommodating, friendly and reactive as it gets.
Charlie O'Dell is the prototype of what a high school AD should be. Has been a pioneer for the school and league.

From rumbles at Bellbrook their starting gk decided to quit soccer and their returning leading scorer and assist guy moved to centerville. Decent size freshman class it seemed with 9 players.

From rumbles at Bellbrook their starting gk decided to quit soccer and their returning leading scorer and assist guy moved to centerville. Decent size freshman class it seemed with 9 players.
That all does sound surprising for Bellbrook. Anyone else have any updates around the league?

Looks like Oakwood will be solid again. Beat Mason last night in a scrimmage.
Would imagine that Monroe will be improved.
Doesn't look great for Bellbrook, but they have a solid coach.

Looks like Oakwood will be solid again. Beat Mason last night in a scrimmage.
Would imagine that Monroe will be improved.
Doesn't look great for Bellbrook, but they have a solid coach.
I'll go with this for the SWBL:

East:
1. Oakwood
2. Monroe
3. Bellbrook
4. Waynesville
5. Franklin

West:
1. Brookville
2. Eaton
3. Valley View
4. Carlisle
5. Madison

Compared to 2021, I think Oakwood stays consistent in the East, Monroe improves, Bellbrook maybe takes a step back, Waynesville is competitive, and Franklin struggles. In the West, Valley View will fall back and are young. I expect Brookville and Eaton to compete for the top of that division. Carlisle and Madison both struggle.

I know that Valley View and Waynesville play tonight to start the season in an early game. I'll see if I can follow up on how both teams looked.

Monroe off to a 2-0 start with wins over Northwest and Fenwick. Waynesville at 1-0 after beating VV. Eaton 1-0 with an easy win over Madison. Madison sitting at 0-2 looking like they're in for another long season.

Some other league scores of games recently played:

Oakwood 1
Monroe 0

Wayne 5
Valley View 0

Bellbrook 9
Franklin 0

St. Francis De Sales 3
Oakwood 2

Current Standings:

Oakwood 1-0 (3-1)
Waynesville 1-0 (3-2-1)