SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Milton versus Waynesville was a defensive battle. The Dogs definitely got frustrated with the Spartans quick defense and pressure all around. Luckily Cooper Brown was a rebounding animal all game. Milton needs more minutes from the bench in order to move on.
Bellbrook is not playing as well as they were earlier in the season. I think they are still the favorite in that matchup though.

Milton is a junior-laden. Won 19 games this year with everyone coming back.
I just want to see the Dogs give Bellbrook a good game.
BTW, MU shot horribly today. Defense was their saving grace. It's the Waynesville curse.

East Division Post Season Honors
Coach of the Year
Paul Stone,Oakwood
Co-Player of the Year
Will Maxwell Oakwood, Noah Rich Franklin
First Team
Pierce Bauerle Franklin
Jack Epley Oakwood
Nick Hitchcock Monroe
Carson Labensky Bellbrook
Will Maxwell Oakwood
Josh Mitchell Waynesville
Nate Paarlberg Franklin
Gabe Pavlak Bellbrook
Noah Rich Franklin
Keon Wright Oakwood

Honorable Mention
Isaiah Bales
Drew Diorio
Isaac Elliott
Gavin Pryor
Drew Taylor

Last edited:
Bauerle and Evan Fry have signed baseball letter of Intents ,Paarlberg has signed with Taylor University ,Rich has several offers ,no decision yet. Rich took over as the leading scorer in the league last night with Maxwell having an off night. Rich now is First in scoring, First in rebounding,2nd in steals and 5th in assists. Should win SWBL POY hands down!!
FYI, Maxwell and Rich Co-Players of the Year.

Bellbrook cannot play like they did against Kenton Ridge and even a little bit of their game last night against Milton if they want to come within 20 points of the Knights on Friday. Jacob Conner will be back. And you know this is a huge game for Ryan Chew playing against his old school, coming off of 24 point performance last night. The knights had 16 steals last night and are averaging 13 a game, Bellbrook turns the ball over 13 times a contest. Could get ugly if they can't handle Alters pressure.

Bellbrook cannot play like they did against Kenton Ridge and even a little bit of their game last night against Milton if they want to come within 20 points of the Knights on Friday. Jacob Conner will be back. And you know this is a huge game for Ryan Chew playing against his old school, coming off of 24 point performance last night. The knights had 16 steals last night and are averaging 13 a game, Bellbrook turns the ball over 13 times a contest. Could get ugly if they can't handle Alters pressure.
Alter is solid, they probably should win this game. That being said I’ve watched Bellbrook several times and they are hard to figure out, They can be really good at times and mediocre the other. They will have to be on their game to give itself a chance. If they play up to potential this game will be interesting, if not Alter will prevail rather easy. I think Bellbrook shows up and keeps it close. Should be a good one.

Because their league is bad
They're all smaller schools. Milton is actually the size of a d3 playing much larger schools in the SWBL East and in D2. Two of their loses were to Oakwood and Bellbrook. The league is fine and I doubt highly that GCLman knows anything about the teams in the TRC. Oh, and we don't recruit our kids like the GCL does.

They're all smaller schools. Milton is actually the size of a d3 playing much larger schools in the SWBL East and in D2. Two of their loses were to Oakwood and Bellbrook. The league is fine and I doubt highly that GCLman knows anything about the teams in the TRC. Oh, and we don't recruit our kids like the GCL does.
Obviously area coaches agree with me. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have been a 9 seed. Spare me another recruiting argument.

The league may be fine for Milton but it doesn’t prepare them for D2 tournament play. You can just compare leagues for that. Milton needs to step it up in out of conference scheduling if they want tournament success.

How does a 19-4 league champ lose by 24 to a third place swbl team?
Calling Bellbrook a 3rd place tram is extremely deceiving considering that by far the three best SWBL teams were in the same division. Franklin and Bellbrook are very large schools compared to Milton-Union.

Milton-Union was a lot better this year than Kenton Ridge, who managed to take Bellbrook to the wire earlier in the tournament. Tournament results are odd sometimes. I thought Bellbrook was better going into this game, but not 20+ points better.

The TRC is a good league for D3/D4. MU probably needs to beef up their OOC schedule some for the D2 tournament.

Anything official on Evan Crowe being named Head Coach at Franklin?? Haven't heard anything
I have not heard anything. Would seem to be the right pick to choose Crowe. Hopefully, Bales would make that decision on his way out the door to Springboro. Lots of moving and messy parts....

Evan has withdrawn because he got promoted at his job and it would make it logistically a problem.
Thats a shame. I felt he was a perfect candidate. Good luck to him though. Hopefully they pick someone with same coaching philosophy, hate to see program slip