SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

that is a shocker would have never saw that coming, after first game.

Valley View did not shoot well. Madison’s big kid had a career high (18) and Madison ran some nice plays to set him up. Valley View now plays tournament Friday against Trotwood at Springfield. Madison plays Saturday against CCHA at Princeton.

Wow, a pair of teams with losing records were honored as SWBL Champions? Interesting. Oakwood and Franklin were very deserving. Oakwood is a very good Champion

Wow, a pair of teams with losing records were honored as SWBL Champions? Interesting. Oakwood and Franklin were very deserving. Oakwood is a very good Champion
Somewhat misleading since they have to play five crossover games against the big schools. Carlisle actually played six since they played Oakwood in a holiday tournament.

Yeah just a down year on that side, I believe Arcanum just beat Carlisle by 15 in the tournament they finished 3rd in the WOAC. Not sure who Eaton plays but I’m sure it will probably be a tough one. I’m sure the fans of both were excited but yeah winning a league with a losing record has to feel weird.

Carlisle 12-10 on season? Losing record. Now you talk about 6-7 in league 5 of those loses are to the East. So 6-2 against the west conference. Instead of talking bad about them why not be happy? Both of your teams switched conferences and let’s face it Shawnee won’t win a league title where they are at, Sagester will own them. They definitely aren’t winning state. So I would rather have a league title. Congrats to Milton as I heard they had a nice year but honestly they would have had a similar record if still in Swbl in the west. The East no doubt in Swbl was loaded. Milton would have been 6-7/7-6. And probably competed for title in west. Let’s just be happy for the kids and accomplishments that Carlisle and Eaton had, they have had some really down years so any success if nice to see. Carlisle starting 2 Freshman and 3 juniors, and a new coach have things trending in right direction. Eaton has a really good sophomore. Think they have a new coach as well. So happy for them all. I hope the progress continues and they just continue to improve.

Carlisle 12-10 on season? Losing record. Now you talk about 6-7 in league 5 of those loses are to the East. So 6-2 against the west conference. Instead of talking bad about them why not be happy? Both of your teams switched conferences and let’s face it Shawnee won’t win a league title where they are at, Sagester will own them. They definitely aren’t winning state. So I would rather have a league title. Congrats to Milton as I heard they had a nice year but honestly they would have had a similar record if still in Swbl in the west. The East no doubt in Swbl was loaded. Milton would have been 6-7/7-6. And probably competed for title in west. Let’s just be happy for the kids and accomplishments that Carlisle and Eaton had, they have had some really down years so any success if nice to see. Carlisle starting 2 Freshman and 3 juniors, and a new coach have things trending in right direction. Eaton has a really good sophomore. Think they have a new coach as well. So happy for them all. I hope the progress continues and they just continue to improve.
You take that wrong. But ok. No, Milton would have done much better than 7-6 or 6-7. Look at the schedule and the scores.
The TRC is a strong conference in basketball.

I only saw Milton and Northridge in person this year and was not overly impressed by either. The Brumbaugh kid is a nice player as is the kid from Northridge but neither team showed a lot else. Of course, they were both getting drubbed by Oakwood, who is pretty good, in the games I saw so it might not be a good measuring stick.

Last edited:
You take that wrong. But ok. No, Milton would have done much better than 7-6 or 6-7. Look at the schedule and the scores.
The TRC is a strong conference in basketball.
The TRC is a solid smaller conference, I believe Milton would have been 7-6 or 6-7 in Swbl with crossovers. We have to agree to disagree on that. Oakwood, Bellbrook, Franklin, are very solid and bigger schools. It’s hard to go on road and beat teams in twice conference so I would think they would have dropped a couple and Waynesville and Monroe are toss ups. Think Milton is probably better than Waynesville. Only time will tell.

? ok congratulations on the Co league title. Just a heads up Shawnee has beat Carlisle 9 out of the last 10 you could pretty much say they own them.

Last edited:
Think you need to be on Woac site controlling that mess. You can say what you will. Small schools things change in the matter of years. Shawnee is blessed with a great player but his time is limited then Shawnee will be back to the norm. What does Shawnee have to show for this year in basketball? ? No league titles no state title just a basketball season. Second to Sagester.

Think you need to be on Woac site controlling that mess. You can say what you will. Small schools things change in the matter of years. Shawnee is blessed with a great player but his time is limited then Shawnee will be back to the norm. What does Shawnee have to show for this year in basketball? ? No league titles no state title just a basketball season. Second to Sagester.
Shawnee has a 17 win season and a actual winning league record and a win over Carlisle. I actually congratulated you in my 1st post said it was just a down year for that side.

Shawnee has a 17 win season and a actual winning league record and a win over Carlisle. I actually congratulated you in my 1st post said it was just a down year for th

Shawnee has a 17 win season and a actual winning league record and a win over Carlisle. I actually congratulated you in my 1st post said it was just a down year for that side.
From a guy that said Carlisle would be 3-10 this year. well they finished 12-10 with a winning overall record. 17 wins is a great season for Shawnee I totally agree but no hardware to show for it. Maybe Carlisle would have had 15 wins or so if they got the likes of :

Miss Valley 1-10
Trail 1-10 Carlisle beat
North 1-10
Ansonia 3-8
South 5-6
Dixie 5-6 Carlisle beat

Props to Arcanum they played a great games Tuesday night the top 3 teams in Woac are solid.

The TRC is a solid smaller conference, I believe Milton would have been 7-6 or 6-7 in Swbl with crossovers. We have to agree to disagree on that. Oakwood, Bellbrook, Franklin, are very solid and bigger schools. It’s hard to go on road and beat teams in twice conference so I would think they would have dropped a couple and Waynesville and Monroe are toss ups. Think Milton is probably better than Waynesville. Only time will tell.
I agree with almost every word in this post. But as basketball goes, Milton, Northridge, Oakwood, Bellbrook all d2 schools. I do however appreciate the civil approach and the insightful comments. I will be at the Waynesville/Milton matchup and it should be a fun couple of days. Obviously no one was running away from Oakwood in D2. They are the 2 seed, The 3 seed, 5 seed and 6 seed all chose to enter their bracket instead of the Alter/Ponitz brackets.

I agree with almost every word in this post. But as basketball goes, Milton, Northridge, Oakwood, Bellbrook all d2 schools. I do however appreciate the civil approach and the insightful comments. I will be at the Waynesville/Milton matchup and it should be a fun couple of days. Obviously no one was running away from Oakwood in D2. They are the 2 seed, The 3 seed, 5 seed and 6 seed all chose to enter their bracket instead of the Alter/Ponitz brackets.
Wow should be an interesting bracket. Alter is very good and Ponitz plays at a different speed. Oakwood is very good and wouldn’t want to see them they have multiple weapons. Milton and Waynesville should be a great matchup.

Let's be kind and say it is a defensive bayyle. HT.. milton union 19 waynesville 10. If we were not being kind though........

Milton versus Waynesville was a defensive battle. The Dogs definitely got frustrated with the Spartans quick defense and pressure all around. Luckily Cooper Brown was a rebounding animal all game. Milton needs more minutes from the bench in order to move on.