SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Carlisle has Arcanum on 2/15 @ 530 @ Northmont winner gets Indian lake.

Brookville has West Liberty Salem on 2/15 @ 7 winner gets Dayton Christian.

anyone seen anything else?

Carlisle 53
Madison 44

Carlisle at least gets a share of west title with the win tonight. Puts them at 10-8 on season, The coach has done a very nice job with this young team. The future is bright for boys basketball at Carlisle.

Big game in SWBL friday night, Franklin visits Oakwood. I saw Nate Paarlberg has been out for Franklin? Anyone know if he comes back for this game? I think Oakwood takes this game at their place and makes for a big showdown between them and bellbrook next week.

Oakwood beats Franklin 70-65 to clinch at least a tie for the league title. Road game at Bellbrook Monday..win for outright championship.

Heard Maxwell showed real class at the end of game? Franklin was without Paarlberg. No defense windmill dunk? That will cost him, trust me I have a D1 athlete. Ridiculous. Don’t care who wins but saw video of it and it doesn’t go over well for a kid that has a ton of ability

Heard Maxwell showed real class at the end of game? Franklin was without Paarlberg. No defense windmill dunk? That will cost him, trust me I have a D1 athlete. Ridiculous. Don’t care who wins but saw video of it and it doesn’t go over well for a kid that has a ton of ability
not sure i understand the point, it was very loud and right at the buzzer. doubt if it costs him a thing, your d1 athlete not withstanding.. the fact that he did not make a basket the entire game in the biggest game of the season might be remembered though.

not sure i understand the point, it was very loud and right at the buzzer. doubt if it costs him a thing, your d1 athlete not withstanding.. the fact that he did not make a basket the entire game in the biggest game of the season might be remembered though.
All I’m saying is that wasn’t the classiest thing from a stellar athlete. He does have a bright future and to act that was not what Division 1 coaches look for. That will be a turn off for sure to some. It was a huge win for Oakwood, I’m sure emotions was very high hopefully he can learn from it and become a great leader for their team.

My Daughter plays at the D1 level and when being recruited that was many discussions we had with coaches, they know they can play it’s how they conduct themselves on and off the court.

Oakwood beats Franklin 70-65 to clinch at least a tie for the league title. Road game at Bellbrook Monday..win for outright championship.
Rich was the best player in this game by far. Franklin down 20 gets to with-in 3 ,3 diff. times just couldn't get there. Great game to watch!! Paarlberg did not play due to injury.

Rich was the best player in this game by far. Franklin down 20 gets to with-in 3 ,3 diff. times just couldn't get there. Great game to watch!! Paarlberg did not play due to injury.
I thought Pierce Baulerle 16 points, 9 boards and 3 assists had an excellent game for Franklin, but the stars of the game were Oakwood's seniors. Epley with 24 6 assists and 5 rebounds, Wright with 22 and Pryor with an excellent game 14 points, plus 9 rebounds, defense and blocks. He was a difference maker IMO. Bales did a great job having his kids neutralize Maxwell, who indeed is the best player that was on the court, though not in this game. He is a mid major D1 recruit for a reason. He did not have a great game, 6 points (all free throws) 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, but he is the best player. I love Rich 22 points, 11 boards and 4 steals in this game. I expect he will play somewhere at the next level and be successful. Franklin certainly missed Paarlberg, who is also a very good player and will play next year. Lots of athletic ability on these teams. Wright will likely play football and basketball at the D3 level and Epley maybe basketball and definitely lacrosse in D3. I can't imagine that Baulerle is not playing football somewhere next year. Would love an update on him. Balews, I hear has some looks as a placekicker at the next level.
Lastly, Kudos to Coach Bales for another class act. Not his first I am sure. I am told that after a long wait as Oakwood's kids and students celebrated the league title, ( which they now will at least share with Franklin/Bellbrook) he went to the Jacks locker room, embraced Coach Stone and spoke to the Oakwood student athletes congratulating them on their success and victory. LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

Last edited:
I thought Pierce Baulerle 16 points, 9 boards and 3 assists had an excellent game for Franklin, but the stars of the game were Oakwood's seniors. Epley with 24 6 assists and 5 rebounds, Wright with 22 and Pryor with an excellent game 14 points, plus 9 rebounds, defense and blocks. He was a difference maker IMO. Bales did a great job having his kids neutralize Maxwell, who indeed is the best player that was on the court, though not in this game. He is a mid major D1 recruit for a reason. He did not have a great game, 6 points (all free throws) 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, but he is the best player. I love Rich 22 points, 11 boards and 4 steals in this game. I expect he will play somewhere at the next level and be successful. Franklin certainly missed Paarlberg, who is also a very good player and will play next year. Lots of athletic ability on these teams. Wright will likely play football and basketball at the D3 level and Epley maybe basketball and definitely lacrosse in D3. I can't imagine that Baulerle is not playing football somewhere next year. Would love an update on him. Balews, I hear has some looks as a placekicker at the next level.
Lastly, Kudos to Coach Bales for another class act. Not his first I am sure. I am told that after a long wait as Oakwood's kids and students celebrated the league title, ( which they now will at least share with Franklin/Bellbrook) he went to the Jacks locker room, embraced Coach Stone and spoke to the Oakwood student athletes congratulating them on their success and victory. LEAD BY EXAMPLE!
Bauerle and Evan Fry have signed baseball letter of Intents ,Paarlberg has signed with Taylor University ,Rich has several offers ,no decision yet. Rich took over as the leading scorer in the league last night with Maxwell having an off night. Rich now is First in scoring, First in rebounding,2nd in steals and 5th in assists. Should win SWBL POY hands down!!

Last edited:
Bauerle and Evan Fry have signed baseball letter of Intents ,Paarlberg has signed with Taylor University ,Rich has several offers ,no decision yet. Rich took over as the leading scorer in the league last night with Maxwell having an off night. Rich now is First in scoring, First in rebounding,2nd in steals and 5th in assists. Should win SWBL POY hands down!!
Great to hear for those guys... Always happy to hear of quality athletes and people succeed. Do you know what offers Rich is entertaining? IS Taylor an NAIA school or a D2-D3 NCAA?

Great to hear for those guys... Always happy to hear of quality athletes and people succeed. Do you know what offers Rich is entertaining? IS Taylor an NAIA school or a D2-D3 NCAA?
NAIA If you remember Evan Crowe, Luke Kennards' sidekick that's where he played

Makeup game with big implications tonight. Oakwood at Bellbrook. If Oakwood wins they take the outright SWBL EAst Crown. If Bellbrook wins, it is a 3 way tie with Franklin, Bellbrook and Oakwood. Senior night. Should be a good one.

Oakwood Beats Bellbrook 68-54 to win the outright SWBL East Division Championship, their first outright title since the 1995-96 season. Oakwood finished 19-3 on the season, losses at Franklin and Alter ( without Wright) and at Flyin' to the Hoop to Africentric. The jacks clinched ther win at Bellbrook hitting 15 of 20 in the fourth quarter, as the Eagles tried to foul their way to a comeback.
Oakwood 23-36-51-68
bBrook 11-23-36-54
good luck to both in tourney play and thank you Charlie O'Dell, Bellbrook A.D. for being so cooperative and welcoming during the fall and winter sports season. Much appreciated.

Carlisle Conner Smith POY in West divison.
Blake Lawson First team (freshman) Carlisle
Brendon Rowe honorable mention (freshman) Carlisle

I didn't hear anything on East awards? Im sure it was close race between Maxwell and Rich.

Carlisle Conner Smith POY in West divison.
Blake Lawson First team (freshman) Carlisle
Brendon Rowe honorable mention (freshman) Carlisle

I didn't hear anything on East awards? Im sure it was close race between Maxwell and Rich.
i suspect they were waiting to announce after tonight's makeup game. Remember league champs get more spots on all league than other teams.

Big game in the West Division tonight. Madison at Valley View. Senior night for the Spartans. If VV wins they tied for the championship with Carlisle and Eaton.

i suspect they were waiting to announce after tonight's makeup game. Remember league champs get more spots on all league than other teams.
yeah i know league meeting was Sunday. Im thinking its all in. I would assume Oakwood would have 3 players on first team and franklin 2. Bellbrook was pretty balanced they get 1 maybe 2 on first team.

Big game in the West Division tonight. Madison at Valley View. Senior night for the Spartans. If VV wins they tied for the championship with Carlisle and Eaton.
I dont see Madison giving them much a game at VV on senior night. VV just handled them pretty easy at Madison. VV takes this one by double digits

yeah i know league meeting was Sunday. Im thinking its all in. I would assume Oakwood would have 3 players on first team and franklin 2. Bellbrook was pretty balanced they get 1 maybe 2 on first team.
Maxwell, Wright, Epley, from OAkwood, Paarlberg and Rich from Franklin, Pavlak from Bellbrook, Mitchell from Waynesville and Hitchcock from Onroe would be my guesses.... close race between Maxwell and Rich for POY, but Rich is a senior so that might pull things his way, although overall, IMO Maxwell is a little better player. Second team has to have Bales n Baulerle, (Franklin) and Pryor (Oakwood,) Taylor from Monroe, Labensky or Dirskell from Bellbrook Not sure who else...