SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Oakwood 69
Carlisle 54

game got ugly late but overall was a good game to watch. Oakwood Keon Wright MVP for tourney.

Oakwood is the more talented team, but I have to tip my hat to the Carlisle team and coaches.

The Carlisle kids play hard and the coach gets the most out of them.

Yes it got a little ugly at the end and nobody got hurt, but Carlisle never gave up.

Over all a hard fought game.

Oakwood is the more talented team, but I have to tip my hat to the Carlisle team and coaches.

The Carlisle kids play hard and the coach gets the most out of them.

Yes it got a little ugly at the end and nobody got hurt, but Carlisle never gave up.

Over all a hard fought game.
I agree. They played hard to win over host Dixie on Tuesday and played hard again against Oakwood on Wednesday. Oakwood has a lot of weapons. I thought Epley was the difference against Carlisle. They closed to within 6 to end Q3 and Epley scored and passed the Jacks to a 15 point win.

Jacks are solid, but like most high school teams, if they come out flat they can be beat. Not sure how good MU is in basketball, but the Brumbaugh kid is a good athlete and I'm sure he can be a handful to guard. I think Oakwood will win but not by 20 more like 8-10.
won by 22...

won by 22...
Being an Oakwood fan, okay I was wrong. They won by more than 20.

That being said, Keon is starting to hit his stride. He finished the last football game with a dislocated finger that came through the skin. Then, as he came back for basketball he rolled his ankle and missed one game, Alter, and was limited in playing time in a few games. He is playing more minutes and more aggressive. He put up 29 points against MU. If he continues to play this well, Oakwood will have a nice one two punch with Maxwell. Also the three other starters can hold more that there own and have the ability to score 20 points in a game.

Monroe loses 7 straight following last nights 65-56 defeat vs Wilmington. We look like the Celtics play good for 3 quarters then blow the lead in the 4th.

Monroe loses 7 straight following last nights 65-56 defeat vs Wilmington. We look like the Celtics play good for 3 quarters then blow the lead in the 4th.
I looked that up on the swbl site

Monroe was up at the end the 1st Q and 2nd Q vs. Harrison.
They were also up at the end of the first 3 quarters vs. Brookville. Maybe they
blew this one??
In all the other games Monroe trailed at the end of each quarter. In those 5 other games they were always losing. They might have won the quarter here and there, but it was not enough to take the lead in the game.
I think they have a decent team that competes hard but they don’t look like they are blowing games.

Tuesday Results

MONROE 52- 39 CLINTON MASSIE

OAKWOOD 58-44 ROSS

FRANKLIN 68-56 WAYNESVILLE

MILTON U 59-37 BROOKVILLE

DIXIE 54 - 45 EATON

BELLBROOK 69 - 62 KENTON RIDGE

VALLEY VIEW 65 - 58 TWIN VALLEY SOUTH

Bellbrook At Oakwood tonight at the (Arm) Pit ( worst gymnasium in the United States of America or the world but it is hard to be certain of that because I have never been to a third world country gym).

Bellbrook At Oakwood tonight at the (Arm) Pit ( worst gymnasium in the United States of America or the world but it is hard to be certain of that because I have never been to a third world country gym).
It obvious you are not an Oakwood basketball alum. Everyone hates the Pit unless you were an Oakwood player. As for the Oakwood players and their perspective, they love it. Long live the Pit!!! Greatest gym if you ask the Oakwood players and go Jacks tonight against Bellbrook!!
I think it’s going to be a tough game. I’ll only give the edge to Oakwood because they play at home in the Pit.?

Nope, worst was preble monroe. The walls were the boundaries and the benches were folding chairs on the court. 2nd worst old Purcell. Stage on one end, made visitors fast breaks problematical. Think hockey board checks. The other end was a 2nd tier balcony where the fans were seated 10-12' feet behind glass backboard @ net to rim level. In order to acclimate to the floor width we practiced with 2 rows of folding chairs inside the sidelines. Our coach- no dummy- was a Purcell grad. Advantage Cavaliers. Pit was a jewel by comparison and Oakwood was always hospitably avg.

I’ll take Bellbrook in this one. It’s Bellbrook and Oakwood so anything could happen. See who shows up and ready to play.

Wow that stinks! I’m surprised this game isn’t rescheduled.
Im surprised as well. They do have a solid bench with a freshman who has been getting more minutes and playing really well. They’ll struggle to get rebounds tonight. Let’s hope it’s still a good game.

Bellbrook was down 2 starters. Typical rivalry game. Oakwood played very poorly in the areas were they usually excel. Turnovers, free throw shooting and shutting down offensive rebounds were all subpar and yet they still win. Winning while playing your worst is an accomplishment as well. It is a good win for them. Bellbrook hung in but could not do enough to win.
And no Jack Attack, I am not an alumnus. I graduated from Beavercreek. I think you probably know who I am. I have multiple family members who are Oakwood grads and played in the Pit. I have some disabilities which make the Pit difficult to navigate. I am particularly disenchanted by the fact that if I do not find a seat in the top row, I have to go home because they have no handrails in the aisles and I cannot negotiate the stairs without them. Add in hard wooden benches and it is very uncomfortable. I recognize the advantage the Jacks think it gives them for home games, but IMO it is a disadvantage at tourney time. I go to places like Waynesville, Carlisle and Dixie, smaller and less affluent communities and see beautiful facilities. It is my opinion that unlike Lane Stadium, Oakwood's basketball and football facilities should be an embarrassment to the community and frankly should have to be modified to allow for easier handicapped access. It is not 1908 any more.

Bellbrook was down 2 starters. Typical rivalry game. Oakwood played very poorly in the areas were they usually excel. Turnovers, free throw shooting and shutting down offensive rebounds were all subpar and yet they still win. Winning while playing your worst is an accomplishment as well. It is a good win for them. Bellbrook hung in but could not do enough to win.
And no Jack Attack, I am not an alumnus. I graduated from Beavercreek. I think you probably know who I am. I have multiple family members who are Oakwood grads and played in the Pit. I have some disabilities which make the Pit difficult to navigate. I am particularly disenchanted by the fact that if I do not find a seat in the top row, I have to go home because they have no handrails in the aisles and I cannot negotiate the stairs without them. Add in hard wooden benches and it is very uncomfortable. I recognize the advantage the Jacks think it gives them for home games, but IMO it is a disadvantage at tourney time. I go to places like Waynesville, Carlisle and Dixie, smaller and less affluent communities and see beautiful facilities. It is my opinion that unlike Lane Stadium, Oakwood's basketball and football facilities should be an embarrassment to the community and frankly should have to be modified to allow for easier handicapped access. It is not 1908 any more.
You are absolutely correct from your perspective about the lack of ADA accommodations and for that, I apologize and really didn’t mean to offend you.
My take is purely from a players perspective playing on the court and from that perspective I still love the Pit.

Back to basketball… the Jacks are coasting as a team. They play hard when they need to, but are very inconsistent in the basics. They really on their athleticism which at some point will cost them a few games. They are solid, but they aren’t that good. I think they will have a solid season but I’m not sure they will win the league. Franklin and a full force Bellbrook team will have something to say about before the season ends. It will be interesting to watch.

You are absolutely correct from your perspective about the lack of ADA accommodations and for that, I apologize and really didn’t mean to offend you.
My take is purely from a players perspective playing on the court and from that perspective I still love the Pit.

Back to basketball… the Jacks are coasting as a team. They play hard when they need to, but are very inconsistent in the basics. They really on their athleticism which at some point will cost them a few games. They are solid, but they aren’t that good. I think they will have a solid season but I’m not sure they will win the league. Franklin and a full force Bellbrook team will have something to say about before the season ends. It will be interesting to watch.
I am not the least bit offended, JA. Please do not give that aspect of our conversation a second thought. I think they are indeed going through a lull. I noticed tonight that they did not play their 1-3-1 defense much because the Eagle's were able to penetrate it and get better shots than that defense is designed to yield. And I agree, the reason it did so IMO was that the Jacks were less aggressive in it in a couple of defensive positions. They took a few bad shots and it will be interesting to see their assist/turnover ratio which has been declining in the past four or so games. But, I think they have it in them to win the SWBL, though I do not think it is a given. As you suggest, they will have to improve their consistency and basketball IQ (shot selection, blockout, defensive movement) to do so. I expect a good outing at FTTH would provide some impetus for the rest of the season. I am always happy to discuss on this forum. Do not worry about offending me. I understand your ( and others) love for the facility and that it is warranted. I am not one to limit my respect only to those who agree with me and suspect you are likely the same. All conversation is worthy and an opportunity for me to learn.

It obvious you are not an Oakwood basketball alum. Everyone hates the Pit unless you were an Oakwood player. As for the Oakwood players and their perspective, they love it. Long live the Pit!!! Greatest gym if you ask the Oakwood players and go Jacks tonight against Bellbrook!!
I think it’s going to be a tough game. I’ll only give the edge to Oakwood because they play at home in the Pit.?
Actually, I always thought the pit was a great venue. They, Oakwood, have taken pride in it and it's a piece of their history and pride. It's also a real home court advantage.