SWBL 2021 Boys Bball

Franklin has scrimmage tomorrow several teams will be there no fans,(including parents) will be allowed with opening games next week don't want any covid contact

Franklin has scrimmage tomorrow several teams will be there no fans,(including parents) will be allowed with opening games next week don't want any covid contact
Did you hear anything on scrimmage? I heard today that Franklins #s were down in program, Don't know if there is any truth to that? Heard they are starting a Freshmen at the point? This is just what someone was saying have you heard? Thought Franklin was returning a lot of returning players.

Did you hear anything on scrimmage? I heard today that Franklins #s were down in program, Don't know if there is any truth to that? Heard they are starting a Freshmen at the point? This is just what someone was saying have you heard? Thought Franklin was returning a lot of returning players.
3 returning starters but Pierce Bauerle has returned after sitting out last year which is a big help . Also have 3-4 others that will contribute.

Monroe at Edgewood Wednesday night. I think our QB Ryan Miles is on the team?
saw on twitter Monroe got beat by Fort Loramie on Saturday at Wittenberg. I didn't hear many details. Not great for the hornets if they can't beat a d4 team.

The freshman is good!

Cool, I don’t believe everything I hear but thought it’s was odd as Bales always seems to have a solid program and a lot of kids in it. They have pretty much owned the Swbl conference for awhile. Just odd for them to start a freshman of a usually loaded team. Might be tough for the start of season. Oakwood will be solid and give them what they want this year. Will love to watch those two games.

I know a lot about the incoming freshman class in Swbl. Carlisle has two really good kids and Bellbrook has a a kid that can shoot it really well. Other than that it’s pretty average from a freshman standpoint. Unless they had a move in from a kid outside of Swbl. Carlisle’s two kids are Blake Lawson and Brendon Rowe, Bellbrook Kid is named Austin Webb, I know Blake and Austin play high level AAU ball in spring/Summer ball. I believe the Freshman for Franklin is Kai?

Monroe beat Edgewood 50-46. We led 29-20 at halftime. Edgewood clawed their way back to make it 43-46 but made some key free throws to pull away. Edgewood’s shooting was god awful. Monroe left a dozen points on the board or so. Both teams missed chip shot layups. Monroe looks pretty decent but has a lot of work to do in not blowing a good lead going into the last 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. We led 44-32 I think at one point? Monroe needs to hold onto the ball better god they threw the ball away too much! Onto Madison we go.

Monroe beat Edgewood 50-46. We led 29-20 at halftime. Edgewood clawed their way back to make it 43-46 but made some key free throws to pull away. Edgewood’s shooting was god awful. Monroe left a dozen points on the board or so. Both teams missed chip shot layups. Monroe looks pretty decent but has a lot of work to do in not blowing a good lead going into the last 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. We led 44-32 I think at one point? Monroe needs to hold onto the ball better god they threw the ball away too much! Onto Madison we go.
Sounds like it was a good game. Nice to be 1-0 got a chance to be 2-0.

Not a surprise considering the new coach lets them do whatever they want.....
Scoring 24 points isn’t all coaching, players have to take some blame also. That wasn’t the best team they will see all year either. It might be a rough year for the Spartans. They’ve played two games and didn’t hit 50 in that game either sounds like they just don’t have anyone that can score.

24 points? My god that’s awful.? A few years ago before my grandfather died we went to watch Monroe play Eaton at our place. Eaton scored a piss poor 17 points!!!!? Can’t remember how much we scored but my god Eaton was absolutely terrible. Had to been the worst high school team I’ve ever seen.

Scoring 24 points isn’t all coaching, players have to take some blame also. That wasn’t the best team they will see all year either. It might be a rough year for the Spartans. They’ve played two games and didn’t hit 50 in that game either sounds like they just don’t have anyone that can score.
I will get a look at them this Friday evening, Carlisle plays @ Waynesville. Sounds like it could be a bad situation all the way around. agree with you it isn't all on coaches, has to be players as well not making shots.

When I see low offensive outputs like that I most often place the majority of blame on the defense. If teams would not play defense so aggressively the other team might generate a few more points.

That Eaton team we played a few years ago couldn’t shoot for nothing. On to tonight Monroe travels to Madison. Anyone know what Madison has this year?

That Eaton team we played a few years ago couldn’t shoot for nothing. On to tonight Monroe travels to Madison. Anyone know what Madison has this year?
Not much, know that try beat Bethel by a bucket last week. Would be interesting to see what they have?

Monroe beats Madison 52-41. Monroe’s defense played decent but was very bad the first half with turnovers. My god it was bad!? We probably left 20 points on the board in missed free throws and layups. How you can be under the rim and miss half the time idk?? Every game you learn something but we made plays when needed. Up next is Home game against VV. Anyone know anything about the View this year?