Sunday, March 20 State Championship Scores

geez let’s be honest, northeast Ohio in D1 really sucked this year ! And I’m a Canton McKinley fan
Of course, you may speak of your own team; however, two DI teams from NEO made it to the final four. I believe that bodes well for solid basketball in the largest division.

Of course, you may speak of your own team; however, two DI teams from NEO made it to the final four. I believe that bodes well for solid basketball in the largest division.
I’m fully aware, and they were both cremated by 30 spots

Yeah. It was on display in Dayton Saturday night.

Last edited:
I hope they go to D1 next year to make it a little more fair
I agree, they’ve shown they’re willing to schedule all comers, including the D1 finalists. I really believe the kids would appreciate the tougher competition. Kids playing at this level, I would think, would like to play 4 quarters of good ball. Go Irish!

First and last games I think were the best today.......sort of mirrored one another in a couple of ways in the fourth.

I agree, they’ve shown they’re willing to schedule all comers, including the D1 finalists. I really believe the kids would appreciate the tougher competition. Kids playing at this level, I would think, would like to play 4 quarters of good ball. Go Irish!
Just have Lebron create two StV teams and they can play each other - and leave the rest of the Ohsaa alone ?

I hope they go to D1 next year to make it a little more fair
Enrollment says otherwise. They will remain D2. Akron STVM return 6-9 6-6 6-6 6-4 6-3 6-1 5-7 PG. Akron Buchtel is also loaded 6-10 6-8 6-6 etc. will be top two teams in D2 5 minutes apart. Akron area is cranking out talent as CVCA Hoban Walsh Jesuit Stow and Green return talented rosters.

Enrollment says otherwise. They will remain D2. Akron STVM return 6-9 6-6 6-6 6-4 6-3 6-1 5-7 PG. Akron Buchtel is also loaded 6-10 6-8 6-6 etc. will be top two teams in D2 5 minutes apart. Akron area is cranking out talent as CVCA Hoban Walsh Jesuit Stow and Green return talented rosters.
CB may move them up to D1. I did hear if they won title this season they had to move up.

It has nothing to do with on court success. It is strictly on enrollment and competitive balance formula.