STVM 2022-2023

JustinTime

Will the Irish be able to win in D1 this year? Final Four seems like a safe bet, but can they take down the field in Dayton? One of the more interesting stories in D1 this year. They bring back Hayes, Stratford, Hamilton, among others. Thoughts?

I'm interested in seeing the development of LA Hayes. He was very good last year, and with Harris at Illinois, I could see him having a POY caliber season. If so, then the Irish should be right in the thick of the D1 title chase.

I'm interested in seeing the development of LA Hayes. He was very good last year, and with Harris at Illinois, I could see him having a POY caliber season. If so, then the Irish should be right in the thick of the D1 title chase.
I have heard rumblings about Ramar Pryors cousin coming to STVM. Not sure if that’s true. Ja’Corey Lipkins. Really talented glenoak kid. Very excited to see LA and Stratford.

I have heard rumblings about Ramar Pryors cousin coming to STVM. Not sure if that’s true. Ja’Corey Lipkins. Really talented glenoak kid. Very excited to see LA and Stratford.
I don't know about really talented. He's a good hs player with two years remaining. He was a canton city kid then glenoak and now potentially stv? Don't like it when kids keep moving and moving and moving... not a good look imo.

I don't know about really talented. He's a good hs player with two years remaining. He was a canton city kid then glenoak and now potentially stv? Don't like it when kids keep moving and moving and moving... not a good look imo.
He’s a D1 kid. Will be. Not sure if he actually is going there and I definitely don’t love it. Just reporting what I hear. And I am all for freedom of choice. I don’t love it tho I agree on that.

Im pretty sure Lipkins is at CVCA with his former aau teammate Darryn Peterson. They were a nasty backcourt and worked out together at McKinley all the time when they were younger

Im pretty sure Lipkins is at CVCA with his former aau teammate Darryn Peterson. They were a nasty backcourt and worked out together at McKinley all the time when they were younger
That could def be correct. Just something i heard over the summer. Really like both kids.

LA Hayes has announced on Twitter that he’s accepted the offer from and will attend Kent State
I think he'll do quite well in the MAC. I'm a little surprised he didn't wait to see what other offers could come in as he steps into the lead role with the Irish. But there is a LOT to say about going with the school the saw something special in you early! Good luck to him this year with the Irish and good luck to the young man with the Flashes in the future.

Irish looking for title number 11 in D1 this year. My prediction is final four. Not sure how good Moeller, Ed's, Ignatius are but they should be right there with STVM, Centerville, and Pickerington.

NOHS East vs. West: Ohio Invitational! STVM hosted the inaugural Ohio Invitational this weekend for both boys' and girls' basketball. I wish I had seen this before to advertise it on Yappi. I heard this was a great event for the young men and women who played and for the many fans who attended. Hope to see this grow next year and beyond.

https://www.neohiospotlight.com/news_article/show/1249513

The results of the boys' games were:

Lutheran West 65 - Ottowa Glandorf 62
Lutheran East 81 - Emmanuel Christian 67
STVM 68 - Toledo Central Catholic 36

The results of the girls' games were:

Laurel 70 - Holland Springfield 48
STVM 68 - Toledo Rogers 35

Last edited:
The East-West invitational was very entertaining, especially the first 2 games. High level talent and competitive. Lutheran East sure looks like state champ material even though they couldn't do much with Emmanuel Christians' outstanding sophomore Jerry Easter...his team was overmatched but he looked determined to get his points - and did. Easts match-up with Lutheran West late in the season should be a good one. Ottawa Glandorf is talented and plays strong team ball. They came up just short of the win but that game was a toss up and I would expect them to go far this season. St V showed they were clearly the better team in the nightcap game but looked disjointed at times. I think they can and will play better but with Walsh & Centerville right around the corner they'll need to do so quickly.

The East-West invitational was very entertaining, especially the first 2 games. High level talent and competitive. Lutheran East sure looks like state champ material even though they couldn't do much with Emmanuel Christians' outstanding sophomore Jerry Easter...his team was overmatched but he looked determined to get his points - and did. Easts match-up with Lutheran West late in the season should be a good one. Ottawa Glandorf is talented and plays strong team ball. They came up just short of the win but that game was a toss up and I would expect them to go far this season. St V showed they were clearly the better team in the nightcap game but looked disjointed at times. I think they can and will play better but with Walsh & Centerville right around the corner they'll need to do so quickly.
Is Stratford out with injury? They will need him if they are to go far this season. And they will REALLY need him against Walsh & Centerville!

Kudos to Walsh they were the better team last night. STVM was struggling to make any shot outside of a layup. Didn't see the stats but they couldn't seem to make anything, or get a stop. Good lesson.

Kudos to Walsh they were the better team last night. STVM was struggling to make any shot outside of a layup. Didn't see the stats but they couldn't seem to make anything, or get a stop. Good lesson.
I don't know much about Walsh this year, but from I hear from others (and what they showed last night against the Irish!) they are VERY, VERY good! Congratulations to the Warriors.

Hamilton made some threes early and Walker hit 2 threes to put the Irish within striking distance late, but overall you are right about the Irish shooting.

I think both teams can take something from this game. Walsh isn’t used to such high pressure games so playing 2 in just over a week (St Ignatius last Tuesday) will help them greatly.

I don't know much about Walsh this year, but from I hear from others (and what they showed last night against the Irish!) they are VERY, VERY good! Congratulations to the Warriors.
Walsh only returned 1 starter from last year’s 19-3 team but they play very well as a team. The sum is greater than the parts. None of the players currently hold a D1 offer that I know of.

Walsh is pretty impressive this season. Saw that vs Ignatius last week and now last night vs the Irish

Walsh only returned 1 starter from last year’s 19-3 team but they play very well as a team. The sum is greater than the parts. None of the players currently hold a D1 offer that I know of.
Really!?! Wow! That is incredible. Good luck to the Warriors the rest of the season.