Struthers football 2022

No that’s not the one who left, Rhodes left for Mooney

Not a big loss either. He’s in the same grade as Dukes. He’s actually one of the names that came to mind when I read there were transfers to Mooney. He’s gonna have to wait a couple years for a chance to start over there, though. But at least he’ll have a hope at getting on the field.
Good luck to him! I hate losing kids to Mooney, but I can’t say that it doesn’t make sense for him to look elsewhere.

Who else left?

Not a big loss either. He’s in the same grade as Dukes. He’s actually one of the names that came to mind when I read there were transfers to Mooney. He’s gonna have to wait a couple years for a chance to start over there, though. But at least he’ll have a hope at getting on the field.
Good luck to him! I hate losing kids to Mooney, but I can’t say that it doesn’t make sense for him to look elsewhere.

Who else left?
Carlos. Another sophmore

Is he backing up Dukes? I imagine Gryzb is the ICE QB.
Would think that Howard could be a WR or an athletic TE. Or even a rush DE. If he’s physical enough.
I don’t see him playing anytime soon, he’s the backup but if anything happened with dukes I would guarantee gryzb would be in there

WB has a very very good OL, it’ll be interesting to see how the cats can attack them. Carter is going to be an absolute force this season at LB

Anyone have anything more to add about today’s scrimmage?

Or is it on to JFK?
Jfk is a different type of test, I was surprised to see WB run a hurry up offense in a scrimmage which was kinda odd to me. Gryzb scored on a jet sweep and just out ran everyone which was good to see. I look for him to be put all over the place this season

Jfk is a different type of test, I was surprised to see WB run a hurry up offense in a scrimmage which was kinda odd to me. Gryzb scored on a jet sweep and just out ran everyone which was good to see. I look for him to be put all over the place this season

If they’re running a no huddle as their base offense, why not run it during a scrimmage? Gotta practice the bread and butter stuff.
Seems like that’s gonna be WB’s MO this year… no huddle up tempo spread, let Deshields pick defenses apart with short passes. Not much of a running game.
I think it’s good experience for the Defense.