Struthers Football 2021

If there are any teams that would be a decent matchup from the southern part of the state, you could inquire about playing them at a halfway point like Steubenville. I know Columbiana did that once or twice in the past 10 years or so.

Not a bad idea, and logical Forsure, but I don’t think the Struthers schools are going to give up a home game that easy. Any game is better then no game to me
If there are any teams that would be a decent matchup from the southern part of the state, you could inquire about playing them at a halfway point like Steubenville. I know Columbiana did that once or twice in the past 10 years or so.

Also our week 1 game is now listed as open again.

Week 1 has always been open on the OHSAA open dates page. That was first posted last July and never removed, even tho the date was filled months ago.

And Arbiter still has STA for week 1 this year.

I don’t think week 1 is 100% open. I don’t think it’s 100% filled either. I think everyone is going on hoping that it’s not canceled with the contingency plan to just play a 9 game schedule if it is.

Week 1 has always been open on the OHSAA open dates page. That was first posted last July and never removed, even tho the date was filled months ago.

And Arbiter still has STA for week 1 this year.

I don’t think week 1 is 100% open. I don’t think it’s 100% filled either. I think everyone is going on hoping that it’s not canceled with the contingency plan to just play a 9 game schedule if it is.
If you were just click the arbiter link. You would see that it says TBA and then canceled next to it.

Cancelled. Tba.

Attachments

• 73BCC68D-C620-47C8-8717-E7082BE7A01D.png
    73BCC68D-C620-47C8-8717-E7082BE7A01D.png
    444.2 KB · Views: 31
If you were just click the arbiter link. You would see that it says TBA and then canceled next to it.

I did click the link. How do you think I got the URL? lol
I went to arbiterlive.com, searched for Struthers, clicked on Struthers High School, then clicked on Boys Varsity under football, and copy and pasted the URL from the address bar… after I read through the schedule.

Click the box and change the year from 2020-2021 to 2021-2022.
“August 20 7:00 PM St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Louisville) St. Thomas Aquinas High School Sirpilla Stadium N”
Unless I’m missing something? It doesn’t say TBA under opponent or canceled under status... it says that for week 1 of 2020, though.

I did click the link. How do you think I got the URL? lol
I went to arbiterlive.com, searched for Struthers, clicked on Struthers High School, then clicked on Boys Varsity under football, and copy and pasted the URL from the address bar… after I read through the schedule.

Click the box and change the year from 2020-2021 to 2021-2022.
“August 20 7:00 PM St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Louisville) St. Thomas Aquinas High School Sirpilla Stadium N”
Unless I’m missing something? It doesn’t say TBA under opponent or canceled under status... it says that for week 1 of 2020, though.
No no you’re right I assumed it was on the current season

Lincoln-West is only playing the 6 Senate League games this year. Orange HS is open according to Arbiter, as Beachwood has cancelled 3 games.

I’d be thrilled if Struthers could somehow drop St. Thomas and add a 7th home game this year. And I do think Orange might be willing to come to Struthers, but Struthers would also need home games in weeks 1 and 2 next year. Orange has 5 home games already. The Orange/Beachwood game was scheduled to b in Beachwood. I have no idea what Orange’s schedule looks like in the future. If they’re looking for a home game in week 1 next year, that would rule out a home and home. If they can host this year and travel next year, the home and home would still be on the table. Even a one year deal is worth looking into.

So from peering over to the Aquinas thread, I see that they will be playing several freshmen up on varsity. I believe the first two weeks of the season for the cats will be huge in building their confidence in such a young team. Hopefully the Carter kid gets the ball 30 times a game.

I will be surprised if STA keeps Game 1 with Struthers. Especially if they have 9th graders playing varsity ball. Hopefully, your AD is doing her job during summer vacation looking for different options. Bottom line...play Orange. D-4 just like Struthers, and agree to a two year contract. Other then the 60 mile drive, I see this game as a perfect match-up.

I will be surprised if STA keeps Game 1 with Struthers. Especially if they have 9th graders playing varsity ball. Hopefully, your AD is doing her job during summer vacation looking for different options. Bottom line...play Orange. D-4 just like Struthers, and agree to a two year contract. Other then the 60 mile drive, I see this game as a perfect match-up.
Ah yes you don’t know our AD Lol

So from peering over to the Aquinas thread, I see that they will be playing several freshmen up on varsity. I believe the first two weeks of the season for the cats will be huge in building their confidence in such a young team. Hopefully the Carter kid gets the ball 30 times a game.

Is Sanchez not playing this year? Derose?
Divvy up the carries through the first couple weeks and go from there. Especially vs St. Thomas. That should be a glorified scrimmage.

Any word on how the lines are shaping up?

Divvy up the carries through the first couple weeks and go from there. Especially vs St. Thomas. That should be a glorified scrimmage.

I agree, Struthers first 2 games are nothing more than JV games played under the lights on Friday nights masquerading as varsity games.

Is Sanchez not playing this year? Derose?

Any word on how the lines are shaping up?
Hearing the line is doing better then expected but won’t know until the summer how it’s really gonna shake out. I don’t expect derose to get many carries he will probably be the Jv back again, the freshmen will get the ball as well at times I’m sure. But to keep Sanchez happy they will probably split with him and Carter. Carter will end up being the workhorse the next few years

Hearing the line is doing better then expected but won’t know until the summer how it’s really gonna shake out. I don’t expect derose to get many carries he will probably be the Jv back again, the freshmen will get the ball as well at times I’m sure. But to keep Sanchez happy they will probably split with him and Carter. Carter will end up being the workhorse the next few years
Wow , I knew Struthers had some good freshman coming in . How many are playing varsity ?

Last edited:

I agree. Derose is the #3 RB, after Carter and Sanchez. And will probably play JV mostly. He should still see time in a few games. Sanchez is a nice change of pace from Carter, they’ll b a good 1-2 punch. And if Carter is also going to have a key role on defense, he’s going to need a breather every now and then. #32 should have a breakout year, though.
I’m probably more curious about where everyone fits in on defense. Aside from the offensive line, there’s not really any question marks on offense.

I agree. Derose is the #3 RB, after Carter and Sanchez. And will probably play JV mostly. He should still see time in a few games. Sanchez is a nice change of pace from Carter, they’ll b a good 1-2 punch. And if Carter is also going to have a key role on defense, he’s going to need a breather every now and then. #32 should have a breakout year, though.
I’m probably more curious about where everyone fits in on defense. Aside from the offensive line, there’s not really any question marks on offense.
I have some ?’s about the Qb still. Kid struggled in his time last season. Hopefully this off season helps him out.