Streaming Services

We dropped our DirecTV and went with YouTube TV for our primary streaming source. We also watch Netflix and HBO Max a fair amount and have had Hulu, Disney+ and AppleTV at times, usually when we get free months from our cell phone provider.

The only issue with YouTube TV is the lack of Bally Sports, so no Cavs or Guardian games.

Sling Orange, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and HBO Max.

I initially got HBO Max for the short term but I like it so much I have held on. They do a very good job of spacing out their best shows to keep you hooked. I am about to bail on Netflix.

We currently have the following:

YoutubeTV (which acts as our cable)
Disney+
Netflix
Hulu (basically comes free as part of the Disney+ bundle)
Prime Video (free with our Amazon Prime subscription)
Paramount +
Apple TV
Showtime

As for what we use most, besides YoutubeTV we use Disney+ and Netflix a lot. Then Hulu/Prime Video/Paramount+ after that.

About to drop Showtime as the shows I've been watching are done for the time being and nothing new entices me.

Apple TV we had gotten a free trial through May, so just technically started paying for it this month. Have a couple shows to try before deciding to keep it or not.

We also have Vudu, which is free, which is where we house all of the movies and tv shows we personally own.

Also technically have a Tubi (free) login, but usually forget I have it.

Disney+
Netflix
Paramount +
Apple TV
Showtime

As for what we use most, besides YoutubeTV we use Disney+ and Netflix a lot. Then Hulu/Prime Video/Paramount+ after that.

About to drop Showtime as the shows I've been watching are done for the time being and nothing new entices me.

Apple TV we had gotten a free trial through May, so just technically started paying for it this month. Have a couple shows to try before deciding to keep it or not.

We also have Vudu, which is free, which is where we house all of the movies and tv shows we personally own.

Quick question, what do all those services cost per month together?

We dropped our DirecTV and went with YouTube TV for our primary streaming source. We also watch Netflix and HBO Max a fair amount and have had Hulu, Disney+ and AppleTV at times, usually when we get free months from our cell phone provider.

The only issue with YouTube TV is the lack of Bally Sports, so no Cavs or Guardian games.
Is Bally Sports available anywhere other than through cable services?

Direct TV for the cord cutting cable replacement service, need all the sports.

HBO Max: Probably my favorite and has best original content.
Disney +: Tagging onto my daughters account, she is a primary grade teacher and the Pixar/Classic Cartoon films are great baby sitters for the class. I only really use it for Star Wars, Marvel, & National Geographic.
AMZ Prime: Weak original content but need Prime for shopping purposes so do view their better stuff.
Apple: All about Ted Lasso.

Dropped Netflix. Netflix series seem to start with a bang and then tend to fizzle, same problem with many Prime Series with the Expanse being a prime example. Do miss Dave Chappelle.

Quick question, what do all those services cost per month together?

good question.

Disney+/Hulu/Espn+ is $13

Prime Video we get free

Paramount + is $5

Just cancelled Showtime which was $11

Netflix I think is $17 (but we do the mid tier package because I may or may not share my login with family)

Apple TV is $5 (and correction here, my free subscription runs through June 28th).

For what we're paying for individually, IMO we're getting easily the value of what we're paying.

I once saw someone equate it to a movie ticket. In some parts of the country a movie ticket is close to $17, the price of one month of Netflix (in my case where 4 people can watch at the same time).

If you watch say Stranger Things, which the first 7 episodes of Season 4 were probably 9 hours worth of content, is that 9 hours worth of content worth $17? Especially compared to what you pay to watch a 2 hour movie in a theater?

Pay for YoutubeTV and the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle. Share the passwords with my in-laws. In return we use their HBO Max, Netflix and Apple TV. Probably use HBO max or Netflix the most. Probably will cancel YouTube TV as I use it more for live sports than anything else. Will likely re-up it at the beginning of august.

Disney+
Netflix
Paramount +
Apple TV
Showtime

You better watch Severance on Apple TV before the free trial ends. Perhaps the best new show I've seen in quite awhile. Getting ready to give the 1st season a second watch. ;)

You better watch Severance on Apple TV before the free trial ends. Perhaps the best new show I've seen in quite awhile. Getting ready to give the 1st season a second watch. ;)

I tried. The first episode was a tough watch. I'll try episode 2 though.

I think my next Apple TV watch may be "For All Mankind" which I hear good things about.

Also need to give Invasion another shot. That's another show where the pilot was a tough watch.

I tried. The first episode was a tough watch. I'll try episode 2 though.

I think my next Apple TV watch may be "For All Mankind" which I hear good things about.

Also need to give Invasion another shot. That's another show where the pilot was a tough watch.
I watched all of those, yes. I've only watched the first two seasons of "For All Mankind", but I think the third season has either dropped or is coming soon. I did enjoy Invasion as well. While it wasn't the best series in this genre that I've seen, it did grow on me over time.

I'll give you that Severance may be an acquired taste, but it does get better, IMO. Adam Scott does a phenomenal job, as does the rest of the cast. It just keeps getting more bizarre as the episodes move forward - in a good way. It's also one of those shows that really makes you think about work/life balance, and what choices you would make.

For those of you with Paramount, how do you like it?

IMO it's some of the best bang for your buck among the streamers, and they also have one of the best "sites" as far as functionality goes.

Content wise you get content from CBS (including sports), MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET and the Smithsonian channel.

Man I must have had bad luck because when 1883 came out we tried the free trial for Paramount+ and the show would buffer every 30 seconds. No issue with any other streaming sites services and we pay for 200 mbps although I’m sure we get less than that.

Man I must have had bad luck because when 1883 came out we tried the free trial for Paramount+ and the show would buffer every 30 seconds. No issue with any other streaming sites services and we pay for 200 mbps although I’m sure we get less than that.

I don't think I've had that issue, though to clarify I was speaking more about the functionality of the site and ease of navigation.

Sling Orange, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and HBO Max.

I initially got HBO Max for the short term but I like it so much I have held on. They do a very good job of spacing out their best shows to keep you hooked. I am about to bail on Netflix.
About to bail on Netflix as well.

YouTube TV is our streaming service. Started there and then went to HuluTV and then to Direct TV Stream and back to YouTube TV. IMO it was the most user friendly with the best bang for your buck. Since I travel I always had issues with locations and getting boxed out. I can sign into YouTube anywhere and on multiple devices.

Currently also have...
Ballys Sports for MLB baseball (Tigers).
HBO Max
Netflix
Disney+ (for Obi-Wan but will drop after)

Have had...
Amazon Prime
Paramount
Peacock
Hulu

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you like stand-up comedy, Netflix's collection of stand up specials is worth their fee on it's own. You'll find multiple specials from:

Jim Gaffigan
Kevin Hart
Dave Chapelle
John Mulaney
Bill Burr
Kevin James
Jerry Seinfeld

and probably 100 other comedians.

Netflix, something like $9 a month I think.
Free Crackle
Free Youtube
Free over the air.
Free Peacock
Free Archive.org
Sports I use one of the Free betting sites or ESPN3.

YouTube TV is our streaming service. Started there and then went to HuluTV and then to Direct TV Stream and back to YouTube TV. IMO it was the most user friendly with the best bang for your buck. Since I travel I always had issues with locations and getting boxed out. I can sign into YouTube anywhere and on multiple devices.

Currently also have...
Ballys Sports for MLB baseball (Tigers).
HBO Max
Netflix
Disney+ (for Obi-Wan but will drop after)

Have had...
Amazon Prime
Paramount
Peacock
Hulu

Finally dropped your Skinemax?

-Youtube TV (once I got use to how to navigate on the site I have had no issues with it. If I could complain about something I don't like the "pause" on it as it blackens the screen and covers the bottom)

-AMC+ I got this because it includes Shudder (which I previously had) and it is just $1 more. Plus I get everything on AMC plus IFC which includes IFC Midnight for you horror buffs (as if Shudder wasn't enough with over 500 horror titles) as well as Sundance

-NFHS Network: This is a must for fans of High School Sports. I watch over 500 HS Football games a year and this is the site to go to see many best match-ups across the nation. I pay a yearly subscription which makes it cheaper for a month than the OHSAA charges for 1 game. The only drawback with NFHS is some of the content is low quality especially those that use the automated camera's but there are still plenty of quality ones including most state championship games.....

-Epix: Currently getting this for free and will cancel when that is up. Got it mainly for the series "War of the Worlds" and "From". Plus, they do have a decent amount of horror movies though most are pretty bad.... but then again, I like bad horror movies!!!!

-Showtime: Took advantage of the 0.99 special for two months. Will cancel once it is up.

-Starz: youtube TV ran a special where you get Starz for 6 months for only $2.99 a month. I can find enough material on there to make it well worth my while.

-Youtube: FREE.... Music, music, and more music.... just about any album you want to hear new or old is on there somewhere plus lots of movies and other fun stuff as well......

-Freevee: FREE.... Use to be IMBD.tv. Watch it for a couple of shows. Adds are not that bad and it is free so really can't complain

-Midnight Pulp: FREE .... If you like extreme or obscure and sick horror flicks this is the place..... you can upgrade for a small fee and get even more with no adds.

-Asiancrush: FREE ... Asian Horror and more... like with Midnight Pulp you can upgrade....

============================================================

Previous apps I had but since cancelled.

Netflix: I had this back in the day when they sent you physical copies of movies.... the price keeps soaring to the point where I would only get it through free promotions or just pay for 1 month and binge. I do not care for Netflix getting political so I stay away....

HBO MAX: Just not enough for me to keep it all the time for what it costs. I've seen all the horror movies they offer and other than a couple of series I stay away and wait for free promotions...

ESPN+ : Had this for the NHL hockey season. Probably get it back once NCAA D1AA football begins.....

================================================

What I use the most?

Youtube TV, Youtube, NFHS Network, and Shudder (AMC+)