Strasburg Head Coaching position

They had a hall of fame coach lined up that decided to stay put at the last minute so it is back to the drawing board.

Sign of the times. It’s a Cluster at many places. Don’t know the details, but if they had V Kennel locked up, that was a No Brainer !

Last edited:
Strasburg's new hire may surprise some. But I loved him coaching in our community and I know he'll do great things in Strasburg.

I just heard this afternoon that Minerva's head coach has resigned and heading to Strasburg. It has to be a rumor because I thought he and his family were a solid part of the community, I don't know him and don't follow basketball much but I do know that next year's sophomore class is loaded and this was the team he had been waiting for. It has to be a rumor because this move makes no sense at all. He had a very good reputation here.

The rumor is a fact. Unfortunate to see Coach go, but wish him luck. This year's team could be our best squad in years - who leads them this late in the game? Summer camps are coming up. Im sure the winningest coach in school history is a legitimate option.

The rumor is a fact. Unfortunate to see Coach go, but wish him luck. This year's team could be our best squad in years - who leads them this late in the game? Summer camps are coming up. Im sure the winningest coach in school history is a legitimate option.
Wow! No disrespect to Strasburg at all, it's a very nice community but this move by Green is puzzling. By all accounts this Minerva team could be the most talented Minerva team in 20 years and most of the talent are going to be sophomores. There has to be more to this story because from what I understand stand him and his family loved Minerclva. I don't know Green personally but from what I hear he is a very compassionate and committed coach so Strasburg is getting a good one. But this move does not make any sense.

I really feel like coaching isn’t what it used to be. Long tenured coaches may be a thing of the past. Everyone is looking for the biggest and brightest deal at the moment. I get moving up to challenge yourself but I don’t get this either. Best of luck to coach green though.

Minerva's old AD and Strasburg's AD are brothers there's your tie and Strasburg's basketball tradition is much stronger
That makes a little more sense I guess. I wish coach Green the best of luck. I still think there is more to it but we will never know. Minerva returns one of Stark County's leading scorers In Gonzales, will have a very good point good who started every game as a freshman and played very well in the EBC, Hoffee. They will have a couple of other sophomores that were also pretty good as freshmen in Shick and Wood. Minerva is going to be really good over the next 3 years and I think Green has been waiting for this group for years- the timing of this move doesn't make sense, however, it must make sense for coach Green and his family. I hope he is successful and they do well.

I really feel like coaching isn’t what it used to be. Long tenured coaches may be a thing of the past. Everyone is looking for the biggest and brightest deal at the moment. I get moving up to challenge yourself but I don’t get this either. Best of luck to coach green though.
I agree and I wish him luck too. Everyone is shocked because his strength was that he was part of the community and supposedly loved being part of the community and had a lot of passion for Minerva basketball.

With Greens departure, is JV coach capable of taking control of program.
Sounds like Green had program on the move.
Were there any internal issues with parents that may have made his decision easier.
Some times when younger talented players pass upperclassman can cause a strife.

I agree and I wish him luck too. Everyone is shocked because his strength was that he was part of the community and supposedly loved being part of the community and had a lot of passion for Minerva basketball.
I’m sure he did love it but the opportunity came along and he felt like this might be best for his career in the long run. We can only speculate. This coaching carousel stuff is a headache.

Strasburg takes great pride in their basketball (really good community support)...they usually have a winning record...but figure for the last 20 years...the only two teams that have been consistently coming out of the D4 east district is Hiland and Malvern. Both in the Inter-Valley Conference.

Does that matter?...not sure.

Feel free to define 'tradition' how you want.