Stow- Munroe Falls Head Coach Position

The coach at Fairless had a great year last year. However, I still believe he is inexperienced for this job. Playing D4/D5 schools and then going and playing D1/D2 schools is quite a jump. He is also still young. I think stow will be looking for someone with a little more experience.

He had a good year last season. If you look at Fairless’s schedule from last season, they did not beat anyone any good. Then got waxed by Poland in the first round. In my opinion, when we are talking about a job like Stow, I think this is one of the best jobs in NE Ohio. To give the job to a guy because he had 1 good season at a D4 school, is quite a stretch for Stow. If this is the case and he does get the job, the applicants were not very good or the school could not afford some of the better applicants. I do know Stow pays pretty well, so not being able to afford someone is kind of hard to believe. What about Pete Thompson(sp) from Streetsboro? I gotta believe he would be a front runner. I just cannot believe the guy from Fairless got this job. If he did though, best of luck to him and Stow.

Don’t judge a coach based on record only. Judge him by how much better the team does than the program’s expectations. Sure Fairless lost to Poland by a wide margin but do you know how bad Fairless has been throughout the years? How he has succeeded the past couple years is absolutely remarkable

Don’t judge a coach based on record only. Judge him by how much better the team does than the program’s expectations. Sure Fairless lost to Poland by a wide margin but do you know how bad Fairless has been throughout the years? How he has succeeded the past couple years is absolutely remarkable
I don’t disagree with you. All I’m saying is, in my opinion it is an extreme leap from playing Manchester and Tuslaw compared to Hudson.

He had a good year last season. If you look at Fairless’s schedule from last season, they did not beat anyone any good. Then got waxed by Poland in the first round. In my opinion, when we are talking about a job like Stow, I think this is one of the best jobs in NE Ohio. To give the job to a guy because he had 1 good season at a D4 school, is quite a stretch for Stow. If this is the case and he does get the job, the applicants were not very good or the school could not afford some of the better applicants. I do know Stow pays pretty well, so not being able to afford someone is kind of hard to believe. What about Pete Thompson(sp) from Streetsboro? I gotta believe he would be a front runner. I just cannot believe the guy from Fairless got this job. If he did though, best of luck to him and Stow.
I think a lot of the problems with getting coaches comes from teachers contracts. Many districts only give you 10 years of experience. Not crazy for a guy who has been. A successful HC with a track record to have 10-15 years or more. Giving up many years of experience is often too tough for a lot of would be coaches.

Fairless coach Barberton coach and the Streetsboro coach were finalists. Southeast coach is a name I haven’t heard. There wasn’t much classroom time the previous head coach had if any. The years experience given is a factor for who this goes to. A prominent and well respected member on the committee loves the Fairless coach.

Fairless coach Barberton coach and the Streetsboro coach were finalists. Southeast coach is a name I haven’t heard. There wasn’t much classroom time the previous head coach had if any. The years experience given is a factor for who this goes to. A prominent and well respected member on the committee loves the Fairless coach.
Stow better stock up on their sweater vest supply if so. He is a Tressel look alike except a little more nerdy. I swear to God I saw him at a game and thought he was dressed up as Tressel for Halloween.

That respected member of the committee will regret his decision. As mentioned earlier, coaching against Tuslaw, Manchester, Tusky Valley, Claymont and Loudonville is not the same as coaching against Nordonia, Hudson or St Ignatius in playoffs. Gotto from Barberton should be the choice. What he did at Barberton the last few years is short of remarkable.

That respected member of the committee will regret his decision. As mentioned earlier, coaching against Tuslaw, Manchester, Tusky Valley, Claymont and Loudonville is not the same as coaching against Nordonia, Hudson or St Ignatius in playoffs. Gotto from Barberton should be the choice. What he did at Barberton the last few years is short of remarkable.
Couldn’t agree more. If this is true, the Fairless coach is way in over his head. You people from Stow are in for a treat. I do hope it works out though

I heard early in the process that it would come down to a financial decision for Gotto. Haven’t heard anything since.

Pretty much what OSU fans said about Tressel, time will tell

Pretty much what OSU fans said about Tressel, time will tell
Tressel won 4 Division I A National Championships. To compare Fairless' one year of success and YSU's record is ridiculous. It would be accurate to compare Tiger from Kirtland to Tressel. IMO, Gotto should be the choice.