Stow- Munroe Falls Head Coach Position

gusterboy

There was considerable hype around Stow's graduating QB Owen Bainbridge for years and years within the program. I think there was definitely frustration within the community about how he developed. Prototype athlete who is a dual threat, but the passing game development really lagged under Phillips. This is a player who i think specifically would have been better off under Poder. Depending on if you agree with my statement, that should help explain more.
You are spot on with your observation about the QB and head coach. There was a disconnect there. In fact, there were many “disconnects” inside and just outside the program. There still are. Hopefully the new coach can eliminate some of these.
I’m not sure how true this is. I was talking to Feldman when the interviews first started last time and he was high on Phillips from the very beginning. I think he thought they were getting another Nori, but they clearly did not.

gusterboy

The Super did hire Phillips. The committee wanted a Kent State assistant at the time, an assistant under former coach Paul Haynes. Poder was never in the final conversation.

Airball1

The Super did hire Phillips. The committee wanted a Kent State assistant at the time, an assistant under former coach Paul Haynes. Poder was never in the final conversation.
100%. Super was pissed that Nori left, no way anyone from that staff was getting the head job. People close to program at time wanted Poder.

xhscoach

I’m not saying the final decision didn’t go down the way you said, or come down to the super - he is the boss. All I’m saying is Feldman, early in the process, was talking up Phillips.

Poder is the right choice. He will rebuild the bridges that were destroyed the past few years. He will bring much more out of the players.