STOP paying people not to work - NOW!!

there are 9.8 million unemployed in the country (that number is most certainly higher than that). there are 7ish million jobs (based on the google search i just did). now i perfectly well understand that there will be some type of unfilled job somewhere and some unemployed somewhere else, but neither of those numbers should be even half of what they are. unless some outside force is acting upon the people to not go to work. a hungry belly is a huge incentive to work. why is it so difficult for a democrat to see that paying people to not work is probably the largest factor in the reluctance of people to go find a job?

there are 9.8 million unemployed in the country (that number is most certainly higher than that). there are 7ish million jobs (based on the google search i just did). now i perfectly well understand that there will be some type of unfilled job somewhere and some unemployed somewhere else, but neither of those numbers should be even half of what they are. unless some outside force is acting upon the people to not go to work. a hungry belly is a huge incentive to work. why is it so difficult for a democrat to see that paying people to not work is probably the largest factor in the reluctance of people to go find a job?
The actually number is 50% unemployed but the government only counts people looking for work

1625690583234.png

We have a national emergency.
Nah. You are hyperventilating. Over half the states have already ended the program it ends for everybody else on September 6th. Hardly an emergency especially when the economy is doing so great.

Nah. You are hyperventilating. Over half the states have already ended the program it ends for everybody else on September 6th. Hardly an emergency especially when the economy is doing so great.

Not a problem, as he sits there and watches inflation skyrocket because BIG government is paying people more to sit on their arse than can be afforded by business, despite substantial wage and bonus increases pushing all prices up. Stares it in the face, still can't see it. Mind numbing.

Not a problem, as he sits there and watches inflation skyrocket because BIG government is paying people more to sit on their arse than can be afforded by business, despite substantial wage and bonus increases pushing all prices up. Stares it in the face, still can't see it. Mind numbing.
Trump started this gravy train in March 2020 with 250B in enhanced unemployment. Hopefully, Biden will end it.

Unemployment has ticked up inflation. All the spending has bumped demand. It will moderate.
Unemployment has ticked up inflation. Since in truth inflation has more than ticked up most reports say it is going up more than a tick. A tick is not seeing inflation go up five months in a row and having no one is say it is about to reverse or even just stop going up. Since inflation is going up more than a tick where is it coming from and what do we do to end the problem? Have not heard a plan just more like a wish and a promise from this administration

Unemployment has ticked up inflation. Since in truth inflation has more than ticked up most reports say it is going up more than a tick. A tick is not seeing inflation go up five months in a row and having no one is say it is about to reverse or even just stop going up. Since inflation is going up more than a tick where is it coming from and what do we do to end the problem? Have not heard a plan just more like a wish and a promise from this administration
For the most part, It is a massive surge in demand from 2020. The rise in wages has also contributed. That is driven some by extended unemployment but more by changing priorities from workers. The good news is that the baseline for wages has risen which is great long term even with this period of inflation. People are going to be so much better off in the long run.

Trump started this gravy train in March 2020 with 250B in enhanced unemployment. Hopefully, Biden will end it.

Affected workers needed the benefits for the time period that the GOVERNMENT shut their employers' businesses down. After the shutdown, the benefits should have ended, but the biden admin and this radical congress have extended and enhanced and extended and enhanced, on purpose, to attempt to drive up minimum wage since they could not include it in their other legislation. More government-created problems, as always. There are 9 million jobs available; people need to get off their arse and fill the positions - NOW

For the most part, It is a massive surge in demand from 2020. The rise in wages has also contributed. That is driven some by extended unemployment but more by changing priorities from workers. The good news is that the baseline for wages has risen which is great long term even with this period of inflation. People are going to be so much better off in the long run.
I am people (from last report) and I will not be better off along with most others that live on retirement. If you are on SS you will get a much lower increase that what inflation really is. Now with the fact that our Govt in it's wisdom has and still is keeping interest rates artificially low and when inflation happens stock market heads down there is no hope of retired peoples retirement savings keeping the interest and returns anywhere close to the inflation numbers. Less buying power for each dollar we retired have.

I am people (from last report) and I will not be better off along with most others that live on retirement. If you are on SS you will get a much lower increase that what inflation really is. Now with the fact that our Govt in its wisdom has and still is keeping interest rates artificially low and when inflation happens stock market heads down there is no hope of retired peoples retirement savings keeping the interest and returns anywhere close to the inflation numbers. Less buying power for each dollar we retired have.
Go get a part time job. There are lots of them out there. You should not be relying on the government as your only source of retirement income.

China goods cost to import up 3x`s. American capacity to compete and make products in this Country are catastrophic. Raw materials for everything inflated. Gasoline prices are a sparkplug. I can go on, but who knows.
I have a feeling Biden and team are frauds. Somethings were naturally going to spike because of Covid. But, they don't seem to be worried about inflation and the economy. I hope I'm wrong

I am people (from last report) and I will not be better off along with most others that live on retirement. If you are on SS you will get a much lower increase that what inflation really is. Now with the fact that our Govt in it's wisdom has and still is keeping interest rates artificially low and when inflation happens stock market heads down there is no hope of retired peoples retirement savings keeping the interest and returns anywhere close to the inflation numbers. Less buying power for each dollar we retired have.
Kick over into savings accounts?

Go get a part time job. There are lots of them out there. You should not be relying on the government as your only source of retirement income.
Trust me I could not live the life I do and rely on the govt as my only source. My wife and I had a conversation about this fact and I told her we could live at least another 10 years without SS and and not change our life style . I do not need any part time job if I need that I would have kept working for the company I worked at for over 31 years and made a more than livable wage.

Why? My retirement accounts are doing great. If you can’t keep up with this inflation, get a better financial advisor.

S&P up YTD: 16.61%
Lol, everything's great until it's not. You got it all figured out. Congratulations oh by the way. How much money will you take with you when you die?

Trust me I could not live the life I do and rely on the govt as my only source. My wife and I had a conversation about this fact and I told her we could live at least another 10 years without SS and and not change our life style . I do not need any part time job if I need that I would have kept working for the company I worked at for over 31 years and made a more than livable wage.
Great. Then some temporary price increases are not an issue.