STEUBENVILLE BIG RED vs. Louisville ᵂᴱᴱᴷ ᴼᴺᴱ

Just saw Big Red Frosh beat Louisville 44-18…. Is this a precursor for what’s about to happen tomorrow night @ Death Valley? Time will tell….

For me, It's mainly the resolution, it's like 480p. For 12 bucks a month, they should be able to show the games in 1080p.
You got that right. 480 doesn't cut it. Terrible video quality. I know I wouldn't watch a game in 480. Not in 2022.

Just wanted to echo above, game is now scheduled on NFHS network. Yet to extend the sentiment of the principal and school board members, this is a very special game, and I hope many of our senior fans who have supported and watched Reno win games for 40 years show up in person tonight to show respect rather than behind a computer screen.

Louisville Leopards at Steubenville Big Red Football Live Video Stream:

Steubenville Big Red (Div IV) (0-0) 21

Louisville Leopards (Div III) (0-0) 0

BIg Red recovers Leopards fumble

4th quarter :15 Now Final

Louisville played a nice physical game. Felt like Big Red was a bit flat and underwhelmed tonight. Defense had a nice goal line stand in the 4th. This game could have gone several different ways if Louisville didn’t have so many turnovers and Steubenville didn’t drop so many passes.

Steubenville 21, Louisville 0, FINAL

Game Recap, Stats, and Video Highlights:

I thought Big Red would win bigger. It's still a solid victory though.
Our defense helped big time in containing the score. Big Red only punted once, 1 of 6 on 4th Downs and ironically the only one they converted was a 4th-and-1 from their own 37 on their opening drive. Yardage was significantly in favor of Steubenville.

Leopards failed to score in the redzone three times. Fumble, Interception, and Turnover on Downs.

I really hope the Leopards stay healthy. if they do they will be able to build on this game. Love the fight in them. Love their fans and hope this is something to look forward to each year or even a start of conference.

Either Louisville is much better than advertised or Steubenville is nowhere near their projections. Louisville's defensive line controlled the game, we couldn't run the ball effectively regardless of 7 or 8 running backs being employed.

Why not more screens to the outside? That was working, and it scares me about the coaching staff, stubborn to employ a system rather than game planning to win a game. Reminds me of the defensive game planning from last year's playoffs.

The size of our wide receivers and the ability to get open are meaningless if the receivers cannot catch.......but it seemed more like would not catch, that was quite unusual if not suspicious. May be worth looking at some freshman at wide receiver.

Steubenville's defense seemed to play well though. Hard to say to much accurately given Louisville's incredible starting field position all night with countless turnover on downs. Goal line stand was great, strange though why Louisville's player ran out of bounds on the touchdown play?

Let's hope for fast improvement on offense before next week, although that NP game score was strange. As RollRed noted, Big Red just seemed listless and disinterested, shocking and embarrassing when your coach is going for the most wins in Ohio High School history.

Once again, I'll disagree with most Online Big Red Fans.

The Game I watched, Big Red dominated.

Louisville's DT were winning the Battle early, their QB had a couple big runs on broken plays, but they failed to take advantage of Big Red's 2 penalties and Int that placed them in the red zone.

Negative's - Big Red dropped 2 possible TDs and 2 other 3rd down passes that would've given them 1st downs, Hill (while under pressure) missed a wide open RB for an easy TD, they had bad coverage on their only punt and IMO Ostovich appeared to be off.

Positive's - Both Hill's looked great, Faulks and Bozica had great games, Line looked great in 2nd half, Defense looks Good, Kicker looks good, Defense made some great open field tackles, contained the reverse, no blown coverages, only one fall start late in the game and ZERO offside penalties. I thought the kids played Hard.

Game one's for Big Red are always vanilla (nearly 400 yards of total offense).

Louisville was a very tough team, with great fans and a great band. It was a good football game and I Hope Big Red keeps them on the schedule.

Just wanted to echo above, game is now scheduled on NFHS network. Yet to extend the sentiment of the principal and school board members, this is a very special game, and I hope many of our senior fans who have supported and watched Reno win games for 40 years show up in person tonight to show respect rather than behind a computer screen.
And it was a Shame that you couldn’t watch the game on it. NFHS is a joke.

I want to give a shout out to YSNLive excellent coverage and just classy way to sign off staying on a bit longer to let viewers like me from Tampa watch history at the end of the game. Much appreciated. Roll YSN Roll!!!

Attachments

• 1FBCC18A-3E68-4C79-B6E4-EF791BD9230E.jpeg
    1FBCC18A-3E68-4C79-B6E4-EF791BD9230E.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 19
Either Louisville is much better than advertised or Steubenville is nowhere near their projections. Louisville's defensive line controlled the game, we couldn't run the ball effectively regardless of 7 or 8 running backs being employed.

Why not more screens to the outside? That was working, and it scares me about the coaching staff, stubborn to employ a system rather than game planning to win a game. Reminds me of the defensive game planning from last year's playoffs.

The size of our wide receivers and the ability to get open are meaningless if the receivers cannot catch.......but it seemed more like would not catch, that was quite unusual if not suspicious. May be worth looking at some freshman at wide receiver.

Steubenville's defense seemed to play well though. Hard to say to much accurately given Louisville's incredible starting field position all night with countless turnover on downs. Goal line stand was great, strange though why Louisville's player ran out of bounds on the touchdown play?

Let's hope for fast improvement on offense before next week, although that NP game score was strange. As RollRed noted, Big Red just seemed listless and disinterested, shocking and embarrassing when your coach is going for the most wins in Ohio High School history.
As far as receivers go, the kid with arguably the best hands on the team is a sophomore and spent all night in the sidelines. Doesn’t have blazing speed but will catch anything thrown his direction.

Once again, I'll disagree with most Online Big Red Fans.

The Game I watched, Big Red dominated.

Louisville's DT were winning the Battle early, their QB had a couple big runs on broken plays, but they failed to take advantage of Big Red's 2 penalties and Int that placed them in the red zone.

Negative's - Big Red dropped 2 possible TDs and 2 other 3rd down passes that would've given them 1st downs, Hill (while under pressure) missed a wide open RB for an easy TD, they had bad coverage on their only punt and IMO Ostovich appeared to be off.

Positive's - Both Hill's looked great, Faulks and Bozica had great games, Line looked great in 2nd half, Defense looks Good, Kicker looks good, Defense made some great open field tackles, contained the reverse, no blown coverages, only one fall start late in the game and ZERO offside penalties. I thought the kids played Hard.

Game one's for Big Red are always vanilla (nearly 400 yards of total offense).

Louisville was a very tough team, with great fans and a great band. It was a good football game and I Hope Big Red keeps them on the schedule.
Battle of the ville week 10 on Saturday afternoons. Book it Dan O

Ready for a new season, glad to see Louisville on the schedule.
Glad Louisville is on Steubenville schedule too.
Others that would be cool to see on your schedule in the future would be Canfield, South Range, Warren Harding, Ursuline, Poland and Salem.

I think it’s safe to say even with how “bad” fans are saying it was... Easily a regional final team barring a ton of injuries. Meaning you got 3 months to iron out the “issues” and take your shot for another chance at a state championship.

700+ high schools that’s not even in the discussion for 2022