State Tournament

trevo45

Carson Foster is swimming the 200 and 500, should be fun to see if he gets Houses records. But Sycamores relays look like they could test St. X a little bit, though my money would still be on St. X.
There are some weather concerns in the northern part of the state so hopefully all the sectionals are able to run as planned.

Carson Foster is swimming the 200 and 500, should be fun to see if he gets Houses records. But Sycamores relays look like they could test St. X a little bit, though my money would still be on St. X.
There are some weather concerns in the northern part of the state so hopefully all the sectionals are able to run as planned.

Depends if he's actually even going to do a full taper for the State meet. He may be tapering for a National meet afterwards. I think he's capable of getting the 200 if he's rested... but the 500 is going to be a real stretch for him... 4.19 is a manly swim!

I think St. X's relays will crush Sycamore's. Obviously, Sycamore will have a great anchor on the 4free but X does too. The other Sycamore swimmers are strong but not elite. The only advantage Sycamore has is that they'll probably only bring 2 relays to state whereas X will have 3. That would dilute the talent for most teams but not X... they are just too deep IMO.

Last edited:
I thought the SW district meet was pretty fast. My kid went faster in his event but ended up lower on the podium. I thought the meet was very competitive.

Depends if he's actually even going to do a full taper for the State meet. He may be tapering for a National meet afterwards. I think he's capable of getting the 200 if he's rested... but the 500 is going to be a real stretch for him... 4.19 is a manly swim!

Shows what I know!

The prelims are over and Carson goes 1:35 and 4:21. Those are UNRESTED times. He's got a legit shot to break both state records tomorrow... really amazing young man!

Last edited:
What a day Cody Bybee had. 1:34.02 to break his state record in 200. 47.36 just off his state record from last year in the Fly. 43.75 lead off leg in 400 relay which IMO should give him the D2 100 record. He started his day off with an impressive 20.90 fly split.

X continues to amaze. Congratulations Mason girls. Boy UA is really down. While the girls remain respectable the bottom seems to a fallen out for the boys. Only one swimmer scoring and no relays. They finished 4th in their district...the lowest team finish for them in 50+ years. Over all looks to me like the Northeast has come back strong across all divisions and the Central seems a bit down. Anyway, another great season!