State tournament upsets/surprises . . .

I would call it an upset he was going for his third state championship granted both are complete studs but it’s just an opinion!! I SAW Wilson going 4 time state champ and I apologize about Coffman in my other post Dublin Scioto but it was a great match!!
It wouldn't matter if he was going for his fourth state title in an undefeated season. If that was a championship match (which it should have been), I would like you to point out how many championship matches today had two contestants more equal. Look up the word upset. In relationship to your opinion, I would call it more of a disappointment then an upset.

Cincy Harrison not Cadiz Harrison Central.

With that said, I love how you and several posters refuse to acknowledge Harrison Central. This was quite the conversation between my assistant coach and I at districts last week. Trying to figure out when they consolidated and what schools were involved in the consolidation. I graduated HS in '02 and only ever remember Cadiz HS.

Cincy Harrison not Cadiz Harrison Central.

With that said, I love how you and several posters refuse to acknowledge Harrison Central. This was quite the conversation between my assistant coach and I at districts last week. Trying to figure out when they consolidated and what schools were involved in the consolidation. I graduated HS in '02 and only ever remember Cadiz HS.
1998 or 1999?
Cadiz
Jewett-Scio
Lakeland

1998 or 1999?
Cadiz
Jewett-Scio
Lakeland
giphy.gif

BoroFan top matches round 1 - results

D1
215 - #1 D.Russo vs #3 Wyatt Walker - Russo pin 2:42
120 - #2 A.Butler vs #3 Aiden Allen - Butler dec 9-5
138 - #3 R.Bennett vs #4 C.Curtis - Bennett dec 3-1
150 - #1 W.Denkins (Perrysburg) vs #6 D.Zambounis - Denkins major. 15-5
126 - #3 J.Cochran vs #7 J.Jett - Cochran dec 2-1

D2
138 - #2 J.Carman vs #4 G.Murphy - Carman major. 11-0
285 - #2 T.Allen vs #4 TJ Fulgham - Fulgham dec 2-1 (upset)
157 - #2 D.Paterra vs #5 W.Stanley - Paterra dec 5-1
132 - #3 J.Lindsay vs #5 B. Fielding - Fielding dec 5-2 (upset)
132 - #1 D.Paes vs #8 P.Lee - Paes dec 5-1

D3
175 - #1 C.Havill vs #2 C.Endicott - Havill dec 7-3
215 - #1 J.Griffith vs #2 U.Nzekwe - Nzekwe pin 1:47 (upset)
144 - #1 M.Medina vs #5 C.Smith - Medina dec 5-3
190 - #3 C.Sparks vs #5 L.McKenzie - Mckenzie pin 6:20 (OT) (upset)
138 - #4 A.Hendricks vs #5 O.Miller - Hendricks pin 2:59
Did any of these matches have rematches later?!

Lost due to bad call, was not stalling, both wrestlers false started ref called Petitte and thats all she wrote. Ref paused before he blew the whistle and caused them both to move;;; Petitte getting hosed.
Lined up wrong on bottom, start of the second. Cautioned. Got hit with lining up wrong on top at the beginning of the third. Cautioned. Got hit with false start at the beginning of OT for a point to end the match.

Lined up wrong on bottom, start of the second. Cautioned. Got hit with lining up wrong on top at the beginning of the third. Cautioned. Got hit with false start at the beginning of OT for a point to end the match.
Sudden.......... for sure.

BoroFan top matches round 1 - results

D1
215 - #1 D.Russo vs #3 Wyatt Walker - Russo pin 2:42
120 - #2 A.Butler vs #3 Aiden Allen - Butler dec 9-5
138 - #3 R.Bennett vs #4 C.Curtis - Bennett dec 3-1
150 - #1 W.Denkins (Perrysburg) vs #6 D.Zambounis - Denkins major. 15-5
126 - #3 J.Cochran vs #7 J.Jett - Cochran dec 2-1

D2
138 - #2 J.Carman vs #4 G.Murphy - Carman major. 11-0
285 - #2 T.Allen vs #4 TJ Fulgham - Fulgham dec 2-1 (upset)
157 - #2 D.Paterra vs #5 W.Stanley - Paterra dec 5-1
132 - #3 J.Lindsay vs #5 B. Fielding - Fielding dec 5-2 (upset)
132 - #1 D.Paes vs #8 P.Lee - Paes dec 5-1

D3
175 - #1 C.Havill vs #2 C.Endicott - Havill dec 7-3
215 - #1 J.Griffith vs #2 U.Nzekwe - Nzekwe pin 1:47 (upset)
144 - #1 M.Medina vs #5 C.Smith - Medina dec 5-3
190 - #3 C.Sparks vs #5 L.McKenzie - Mckenzie pin 6:20 (OT) (upset)
138 - #4 A.Hendricks vs #5 O.Miller - Hendricks pin 2:59
rematch of #1 and #2 havill and endicott

It's good, but it's not as good as Hoovers and never has been!!
There were years that had
St. Eds
Wadsworth
Elyria
Brecksville
Perrysburg
Clay

all coming out of the same district. Those were some pretty tough district tourneys.

Noah Baughman lost in the 2nd round of consis (to Guillen from PB) and won state the following year. Some of those brackets were insanely good.

St. Eds
Wadsworth
Elyria
Brecksville
Perrysburg
Clay

all coming out of the same district. Those were some pretty tough district tourneys.

Noah Baughman lost in the 2nd round of consis (to Guillen from PB) and won state the following year. Some of those brackets were insanely good.

I'm not sure all of those schools were in the same district at the same time. I think once they started putting StEds over in NW Ohio, they moved Elyria and one other team - Wadsworth, I think - out of that district. Just going off memory, so that could be wrong but I usually attended every district back then.

St. Eds
Wadsworth
Elyria
Brecksville
Perrysburg
Clay

Cleveland State 2014 if I recall correctly.

I want to give a shout out to a D1 120lb wrestler. Jack DeBoe

I don't know him but he had a great tournament. I was watching 120 cause we had a kid from our school in that weight. Jack was not an unknown, he was ranked #12. But he finished 4th.

Beat #6, then #9 and #8. Lost to #4 and #3. Only a 10th grader. Congrats young man.

I want to give a shout out to a D1 120lb wrestler. Jack DeBoe

I don't know him but he had a great tournament. I was watching 120 cause we had a kid from our school in that weight. Jack was not an unknown, he was ranked #12. But he finished 4th.

Beat #6, then #9 and #8. Lost to #4 and #3. Only a 10th grader. Congrats young man.
The kid has to be tough, he has Blackburn (132) and Shelley (138) on him every day at practice

St. Eds
Wadsworth
Elyria
Brecksville
Perrysburg
Clay

When this district was held at CSU their were some brutal weight classes and insane amounts of talent in almost every weight class