State Tournament - Division I

Just my opinion, but if any team has a chance to beat Ed's it's going to be Perrysburg. Saw Wadsworth beat Coffman for 3rd in the State Duals. Believe in Columbus it will be DC extracting revenge and taking 3rd.
Coffman didn't get a chance to wrestle for 3rd because the seeding was jacked up and they faced Perrysburg first round.

Coffman will need some leprechaun luck(when is st Patrick's day??) to win but it's possible. Would take a bad weekend to finish worse than 3rd.

Coffman didn't get a chance to wrestle for 3rd because the seeding was jacked up and they faced Perrysburg first round.

You're right it was Perrysburg that Wadsworth beat for 3rd, my mistake. But please explain your issue with the seeding. Wadsworth beat Perrysburg and Perrysburg beat Coffman. Brecksville beat Wadsworth and Ed's beat Brecksville. Seems pretty cut and dried to me. Maybe you'd like some cheese with that wine.

I hav Coffman pulling off a "Michigan" in D1 and sneaking pass St.Eds (PSU) and Perrysburg (Iowa) by .5 point.
That would certainly be entertaining that’s for sure. Better get St Ed’s this year because it sure seems like they will get progressively better as this freshman class matures. And only lose 3 starters for next year.

Perrysburg did not wrestle there top line up for 3rd place which is the whole reason the seeds were screwed up in the first place(Perrysburg lost to either Brecksville or Wadsworth earlier in the year while not wrestling there full squad). Who knows how it would have turned out, but if you look at the scores vs St Edward it is very clear that Perrysburg gave St Ed the best match by far. Brecksville won 3 matches in the final, Perrysburg won 7 in the semi.

Not to bring on anyone's wrath, but I would really like to see Perrysburg win it over Ed's. Ed's has a heck of a lot returning next season, and it's been over a decade since a public school last won it.
No "wrath" but you realize today's "Public" schools are littered with open school transfers for sports, the excuse isn't nearly as logical.

138 - What is the story behind Burnett default to Eaton at Perrysburg in the semi final? Did they start the match? Burnett had 2 pins, a tech and a major in his other matches.
Burnett took the mat with a wrapped up knee, was clearly hobbled to start the match, gave up a TD and then took an injury time immediately after. Took it for awhile, and then got up hobbling bad, quickly escapes, then gives up an easy TD right after that and clearly injured pretty bad. He then rolls to his back gives the finger swirl for injury time again, and then looks over at his dad and tells him he is done and they MFF the match. They bandaged up his knee pretty good, and honestly his next two matches weren't against world beaters, so he gave it a go so he can get down to the Schott. I would be very surprised if he is healthy at all for State this weekend.

No "wrath" but you realize today's "Public" schools are littered with open school transfers for sports, the excuse isn't nearly as logical.

Makes sense, but I didn't think Perrysburg was open enrollment, so this doesn't apply to them, correct?

Burnett took the mat with a wrapped up knee, was clearly hobbled to start the match, gave up a TD and then took an injury time immediately after. Took it for awhile, and then got up hobbling bad, quickly escapes, then gives up an easy TD right after that and clearly injured pretty bad. He then rolls to his back gives the finger swirl for injury time again, and then looks over at his dad and tells him he is done and they MFF the match. They bandaged up his knee pretty good, and honestly his next two matches weren't against world beaters, so he gave it a go so he can get down to the Schott. I would be very surprised if he is healthy at all for State this weekend.
Thanks. Good luck to him. He is a good kid. Good family. State is hard enough when you're at 100%.

Take it for what it's worth, 1) There are some very good wrestling programs that don't allow open enrollment 2) Don't think anyone is looking for an excuse, it's just the way it is. 3) There is a difference between open enrollment and recruiting.

St Edward 34pts 12/0
Perrysburgh 22.5pts. 7/1
Dublin. 22pts. 7/0

St Edward was perfect but have some tough quarterfinal matches. Perrysburgh and Dublin both lose 1. Can Perrysburgh still win it. Should be a great Saturday of wrestling.

Anyone know where I can find updated brackets? Baums isn't updated since the first round and neither is trackwrestling. Either I'm doing something wrong to find updated brackets, or my internet connection is selectively determining what I can see. Never criticize Big Tech on social . I 'm going to be concerned for real if everyone else is getting updated results. Tried OHSAA also - and nothing there either. Thought I had it figured out until the results I was looking at already had the champions determined - but it was for 2021.

Anyone know where I can find updated brackets? Baums isn't updated since the first round and neither is trackwrestling. Either I'm doing something wrong to find updated brackets, or my internet connection is selectively determining what I can see. Never criticize Big Tech on social . I 'm going to be concerned for real if everyone else is getting updated results. Tried OHSAA also - and nothing there either. Thought I had it figured out until the results I was looking at already had the champions determined - but it was for 2021.
I just checked the D1 brackets on Track and they are updated for me
DE982CFB-810F-4B6A-ADD1-3167740BE469.png

Last edited:

St Edward has put themselves in a position to win with a couple of very close wins that could have gone either way(one of which resulted in pin points with an OT pin) however their quarterfinal round will be much more difficult.

St Eds did what St Eds normally does silence the nay sayers and or haters. 12-0 Gives them a little breathing room, although as everyone knows lot of wrestling left. Perrysburg could make it interesting but has less too room to breathe with an unexpected loss .

Baumbspage is updated
Ed's 34
Perrysburg 22.5

Dez Gartrell is confirmed out for Coffman. Huge loss that will take away lots of points from Coffman and give the St Ed 165 a much easier path to the finals. Very unfortunate.
It looks like he was replaced by an alternate from PB. Does that mean the alternate from HD didn't show up? If so, how would they choose PB over HO or KF? My guess is that there is some sort of procedure for this and am curious as to how it plays out.

It looks like he was replaced by an alternate from PB. Does that mean the alternate from HD didn't show up? If so, how would they choose PB over HO or KF? My guess is that there is some sort of procedure for this and am curious as to how it plays out.
Found the answer to my question.

The Alternate selection procedure is as follows:
1. Alternate – Sectional/District 5th Place: Prior to the scheduled start of Session 1, if one qualifying wrestler from a sectional/district is unable to wrestle, the 5th place wrestler from that sectional/district shall be placed on the vacated bracket line in the 1st round. No other wrestler will be moved on the bracket.
2. Alternate – Other Sectionals/Districts 5th Place: If the 5th place wrestler from the sectional/district with the vacated spot is unable to wrestle, 5th place alternates from the remaining sectionals/districts become eligible for the vacated bracket line. If only 1 alternate is able to wrestle, he/she is placed on the bracket line. Otherwise, a coin flip (2 alternates) or random draw (3 alternates) determines which alternate is placed. No other wrestler is moved on the bracket.

Found the answer to my question.

The Alternate selection procedure is as follows:
1. Alternate – Sectional/District 5th Place: Prior to the scheduled start of Session 1, if one qualifying wrestler from a sectional/district is unable to wrestle, the 5th place wrestler from that sectional/district shall be placed on the vacated bracket line in the 1st round. No other wrestler will be moved on the bracket.
2. Alternate – Other Sectionals/Districts 5th Place: If the 5th place wrestler from the sectional/district with the vacated spot is unable to wrestle, 5th place alternates from the remaining sectionals/districts become eligible for the vacated bracket line. If only 1 alternate is able to wrestle, he/she is placed on the bracket line. Otherwise, a coin flip (2 alternates) or random draw (3 alternates) determines which alternate is placed. No other wrestler is moved on the bracket.
So does anyone know why the wrestler from HD district didn't wrestle?

How many states are at the tournament this year?
1. Its only Ohio if your a new guy. They do have multi state tournaments like Ironman and Beast of the East. Look it up. I believe there has only been one state involved in the history of Ohio High School Wrestling and all sports for that matter.

1. Its only Ohio if your a new guy. They do have multi state tournaments like Ironman and Beast of the East. Look it up. I believe there has only been one state involved in the history of Ohio High School Wrestling and all sports for that matter.
?

Makes sense, but I didn't think Perrysburg was open enrollment, so this doesn't apply to them, correct?
Not sure if Perrysburg is open enrollment, but if you click on Marcus Blaze profile on Track, it says he is from Clinton, MI.