State Semifinal Updates and Finals

It depends on how the benches are situated. If they're across the field from each other, there's 5 officials. A center, 2 ARs and a 4th official on either side of the field. If the benches are on the same side, there's only one 4th official.

How many officials do these games have? It looked like there were at least 4 at the Moeller game. I counted a center ref, two side refs, and 1 that stood near midfield the entire game.
Once you get to Regionals, there will be a 4th official assigned (if the field only has one side for players). If the players are on both sides of the field, there will be a 5th official too. They are to help with managing subs, dealing with the coaches. Also, if the center referee or one of AR's was to go down, they would be replaced by one one of the alternates.

I know this is common practice in professional and international matches but I didn't realize it was the case for OHSAA too.

I know this is common practice in professional and international matches but I didn't realize it was the case for OHSAA too.
I don’t know how far back it goes, but I know it’s been going on since 2011. Probably longer, but cannot remember farther back going to later-round postseason matches.