7. St Charles - 86
8. Mount Vernon - 76
9. Dublin Scioto - 50
10. Carroll - 43
.....Chaminade Julienne - 11
.....St Vincent-St Mary - 7
.....Villa Angela-St Joseph - 6
.....Whetstone - 5

One of the coaches, (Likely in the South) has some weird votes. McNicholas getting a 1st place vote in Division 2 and Sycamore getting anywhere close to a top 10 in the state vote in just terrible :dang:

One of the coaches, (Likely in the South) has some weird votes. McNicholas getting a 1st place vote in Division 2 and Sycamore getting anywhere close to a top 10 in the state vote in just terrible :dang:

I would be willing to wager a large sum of money that the McNicholas #1 vote was their coach. She's a nutbar who has a history of having her vote stripped due to only voting for her own players.

I would be willing to wager a large sum of money that the McNicholas #1 vote was their coach. She's a nutbar who has a history of having her vote stripped due to only voting for her own players.

I've heard this as well...

Shame, too, because they're a solid team and definitely the favorite in D2 South region.

And yeah, I saw that Sycamore was on there - WTF?

St Ignatius beat Westerville South in 4 on Saturday. The margin between the top 6-7 is razor thin. When all the teams are this close talent wise, it's all going to come down to matchups. The State Tournament should be a lot of fun.

St Ignatius beat Westerville South in 4 on Saturday. The margin between the top 6-7 is razor thin. When all the teams are this close talent wise, it's all going to come down to matchups. The State Tournament should be a lot of fun.

I disagree. Many on here will have arguments to my top 10, and all may have good counters but here we go:

1) Darby - I think clear cut #1, X is their only loss in state(one to Moeller out of state). That loss was more of what Darby wasn't doing than what X was doing. Don't see them playing like that again. All other top 5 teams have lost to them in 3 I think.

2) Elder - Just lost to Moeller, and 0-3 to Darby, but I think their 6 is the second best in the state.

3) Moeller - Pulled out big wins against X and Elder, but have been inconsistent. Darby has pretty well owned them of late

4) St. Xavier - Might have the best serve receive in the state, but way to reliant on Pung.

5) Ignatius - Small, but have good ball control.

6) Westerville South - Not playing to potential. They are dangerous, but have NO experience in big state tournament matches.

7) Beavercreek - Similar to X where they rely on one person. Very dangerous, but again can't see them winning multiple matches in a row.

After that it doesn't matter, anyone outside of the top 7 can't beat anyone in the top 7. And only 6 of the top 7 are making the dance(One team from south not making it).

I predict the North 2 and the West 2 losing in first round, and not winning a set. All other first round matches should be great.

Can anyone confirm the State Quarterfinal Pairings for this year? Should be the same as 2014 which would mean:

N1 vs. E2
S1 vs. W2

E1 vs. N2
W1 vs. S2

The only spot I'm not sure about is the East Region. Darby seems to be the clear cut #1 out of the East, but does that put them on the same side as the West #1 or South #1?

Schedule for state tournament per ohioboysvolleyball.com

– N1/E2 vs S1/W2
- W1/S2 vs E1/N2

So Darby as the E1 will be on the same side of the bracket with W1/S2

I don't see Beavercreek (W1) beating any of the big 3 come playoff time so you can assume the final 4 will be

Elder/X/Moe vs Iggy/West South
Elder/X/Moe vs Darby

How can anyone say that there is a "Clear cut" number one team in the state? Darby beat Moeller and Elder both @ Darby if I'm not mistaken. St X and Moeller both beat Darby on a neutral court.

I agree that right now, Darby deserves the top spot, but let's not act like there is a big gap, or any gap for that matter

Darby swept Moeller at Centerville Elite also (neutral court).

I agree that Darby should be ranked #1, but St. X did show that Darby isn't "clear cut" above others.

This is the M.O. for their head coach. Not the most logical vote caster..

Who is best in the West?

I was thinking Lakota East (16-1) was in South, but they are in the West Region.

Northmont, Beavercreek, Centerville and Lakota East. Should be a battle in that region.

Lakota East still has St. Xavier and Northmont coming up.

Who is best in the West?

I was thinking Lakota East (16-1) was in South, but they are in the West Region.

Northmont, Beavercreek, Centerville and Lakota East. Should be a battle in that region.

Lakota East still has St. Xavier and Northmont coming up.
Beavercreek is #1
Lakota East #2 (though without Kuhlman they may drop to #3 or #4)
Northmont current #3
Centerville #4

Some of the Regional brackets are going to be interesting based on where some of these teams elect to go. East, Northmont and Centerville could all elect to play opposite of Beavercreek in West#2.

Big week for the GWOC teams in the West.

Beavercreek downs Westerville South tonight.
Northmont beat both Elder and Lakota East.

Maybe I'm off for thinking this, but I don't think Westerville South can beat anybody without playing Darby the same day. WS has quality wins over Moeller, Beavercreek, and Iggy but played Darby prior to those matches. Beat Moeller in 4 after losing to Darby in a Darby tri, and then beat BC and Iggy after losing to Darby at the Centerville Elite tournament. Maybe I'm crazy, but to then turn around what 2 weeks later and lose to both Beavercreek and Iggy in stand alone matches??? Now I'm sure some of you are going to counter with "Well they took BC to 5" My response - theres only 1 winner at the end of the day. I don't really care how close the match was, did they win or lose!? Something weird is going on over there, no doubt. 2 weeks ago I projected Westerville South to the final 4, maybe even the finals - now I'm betting they lose to Iggy in the first round.

Maybe I'm off for thinking this, but I don't think Westerville South can beat anybody without playing Darby the same day.

Szwabinsky is somewhat of a notorious slow starter if I'm not mistaken. Plays miles better at the end of the all-day tourneys for Vanguard than at the beginning. Might not be the Darby factor, might just be the fact that he plays so much better the 2nd-3rd match of the day, Darby coincidentally is that first match in each of the cases you pointed out.

Maybe I'm off for thinking this, but I don't think Westerville South can beat anybody without playing Darby the same day. WS has quality wins over Moeller, Beavercreek, and Iggy but played Darby prior to those matches. Beat Moeller in 4 after losing to Darby in a Darby tri, and then beat BC and Iggy after losing to Darby at the Centerville Elite tournament. Maybe I'm crazy, but to then turn around what 2 weeks later and lose to both Beavercreek and Iggy in stand alone matches??? Now I'm sure some of you are going to counter with "Well they took BC to 5" My response - theres only 1 winner at the end of the day. I don't really care how close the match was, did they win or lose!? Something weird is going on over there, no doubt. 2 weeks ago I projected Westerville South to the final 4, maybe even the finals - now I'm betting they lose to Iggy in the first round.

I'm a WS supporter. No excuses a loss is a loss and not the best time to be trending in that direction. That being said, the match they lost to Iggy was a day after Spikes for Tykes in which they played until after 10 PM in the evening. The match was early the next morning and they were without one of their starting middles. Even with that I believe 3 of the 4 sets were decided by 2 points. I believe these boys will rally come tournament time , its going to be fun to watch.