7. - Dublin Scioto - 79
8. - St Charles - 78
9. - Mount Vernon - 57
10. - Carroll - 50
.....Chaminade Julienne - 7
.....St Vincent-St Mary - 7
.....Whetstone - 5
.....Badin - 4

From what I saw on here earlier the Regional meetings are going on tonight, so the release of this poll could mean big things in terms of seeding for those Regional Brackets.

For instance, Elder clipped Moeller in the overall state poll which would seem to give them an advantage for the #1 spot in the South. But looking at the Regional Rankings, Moeller finished just ahead of Elder (48-45). Big result as South #1 will be placed on the opposite side of the state bracket from Darby.

Where will St X choose to go? They're likely to be the #3 in the South. They've played two tight matches with Moeller (both 5 sets) in which they've split, but they're 0-3 against Elder losing in 3, 3 and 4. If Elder falls to #2, does X bypass facing them again to play Moeller?

In the West, Northmont had a huge week knocking of Elder and Lakota East. Should solidify them as the West's #2 seed. Could an Elder-Northmont match be in the cards down the line?

Has St Edward regained their spot as one of the top 2 teams in the North? They beat Jackson and Brunswick over the course of a week but both matches were tight?

Will anyone surprise Darby or Westerville South in the East? Davidson? Olentangy Liberty?

Last edited:
Assuming the South rankings are as stated, 1. Moeller 2. Elder 3. St. X, I would assume X goes after Moeller.

Lots of factors going in to that decision like
1. Actually beating Moeller
2. Regional finals being hosted by Elder

Those are likely enough for St X to make their decision, you could also factor in whichever team advances out of South 1 is on the opposite side of Darby.

From what I saw on here earlier the Regional meetings are going on tonight, so the release of this poll could mean big things in terms of seeding for those Regional Brackets.

For instance, Elder clipped Moeller in the overall state poll which would seem to give them an advantage for the #1 spot in the South. But looking at the Regional Rankings, Moeller finished just ahead of Elder (48-45). Big result as South #1 will be placed on the opposite side of the state bracket from Darby.

Where will St X choose to go? They're likely to be the #3 in the South. They've played two tight matches with Moeller (both 5 sets) in which they've split, but they're 0-3 against Elder losing in 3, 3 and 4. If Elder falls to #2, does X bypass facing them again to play Moeller?

In the West, Northmont had a huge week knocking of Elder and Lakota East. Should solidify them as the West's #2 seed. Could an Elder-Northmont match be in the cards down the line?

Has St Edward regained their spot as one of the top 2 teams in the North? They beat Jackson and Brunswick over the course of a week but both matches were tight?

Will anyone surprise Darby or Westerville South in the East? Davidson? Olentangy Liberty?

Darby and Olentangy play tomorrow in OCC challenge. Olentangy 19-3. Not sure who they have played to this point. I see that they have lost to West South 2x this season. Darby and West South play again Wed in the OCC challenge (I think 3rd time this year) I'm a Darby guy and South is good and they scare me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can some explain how Alter was placed #1 by two voters? When Hoban beat them when they met a few weeks ago (2-0), I didn't notice anyone injured. Was Alter not at full strength at that point?

Benefit of the doubt? Alter has won the last 5 of the last 6 D2 State Titles. :shrug:

Info from the regional meeting last night

Team seedlings:
1 Moeller
2 Elder
3 St. X
4 LaSalle
5 Oak Hills
6 Fairfield
7 Princeton
8 Mason
9 Loveland
10 Milford
11 Wlanut Hills
12 Sycamore
13 Colerain

Brackets:

1 Moeller (plays the winner of 11 -v- 12)

11 Walnut Hills

12 Sycamore

3 St. Xavier (plays the winner of 4 -v- 13)

4 LaSalle

13 Colerain

2 Elder (plays the winner of 7 -v- 8)

7 Princeton

8 Mason

10 Milford

6 Fairfield

10 -v- 6 winner plays the 5 -v- 9 winner

5 Oak Hills

9 Loveland

Last edited:
What do the rest of the regions look like? We can assume Darby took the 1 and Westerville South took the 2 in the East. We can also assume Beavercreek & Iggy took the 1, but who took the 2s in the West and North??

Brackets:

1 Moeller (plays the winner of 11 -v- 12)

11 Walnut Hills

12 Sycamore

3 St. Xavier (plays the winner of 4 -v- 13)

4 LaSalle

13 Colerain

2 Elder (plays the winner of 7 -v- 8)

7 Princeton

8 Mason

10 Milford

6 Fairfield

5 Oak Hills

9 Loveland

LaSalle with the pick of the night. Choosing to play into X then Moeller (if they beat X) instead of Elder.

What do the rest of the regions look like? We can assume Darby took the 1 and Westerville South took the 2 in the East. We can also assume Beavercreek & Iggy took the 1, but who took the 2s in the West and North??

I would assume Northmont gained the #2 spot in the West by beating Elder and Lakota East last week. East likely received the #3 spot with a choice of Northmont or Beavercreek.

St Edward recently beat Jackson and Brunswick, so they're likely the #2 up North. But I'd bet Jackson and Brunswick choose to go on their side instead of Ignatius.

LaSalle with the pick of the night. Choosing to play into X then Moeller (if they beat X) instead of Elder.

The GCL schools (X and LaSalle) wanted no part of Elder in the Regional Final which is a de facto home match for the Panthers.

Properly seeded brackets

Properly seeded brackets:

1 Moeller (plays the winner of 8 -v- 9)

8 Mason
9 Loveland

4 LaSalle
13 Colerain

(4 –v- 13 winner plays 5 –v- 12)

5 Oak Hills
12 Sycamore

2 Elder (plays the winner of 7 -v- 10)

7 Princeton
10 Milford

3 St. Xavier (plays the 6 -v- 11 winner)

6 Fairfield
11 Walnut Hills

I never understood why they allow teams to pick where they want to play. You play all season and earn a certain seed, then you get to choose which bracket is best for you. Moeller should not have to play St. X. They earned the #1 spot.

Properly seeded brackets:

1 Moeller (plays the winner of 8 -v- 9)

8 Mason
9 Loveland

4 LaSalle
13 Colerain

(4 –v- 13 winner plays 5 –v- 12)

5 Oak Hills
12 Sycamore

2 Elder (plays the winner of 7 -v- 10)

7 Princeton
10 Milford

3 St. Xavier (plays the 6 -v- 11 winner)

6 Fairfield
11 Walnut Hills

I never understood why they allow teams to pick where they want to play. You play all season and earn a certain seed, then you get to choose which bracket is best for you. Moeller should not have to play St. X. They earned the #1 spot.

Agreed. It's so stupid. Just seed out like every other sport

Agreed. It's so stupid. Just seed out like every other sport

Every other sport? You mean like basketball? Oh wait they don't seed it out either. What about baseball? No they don't either. Soccer? Nope. The only ones, off the top of my head, that seed based on final ranking are football and wrestling. And if an upset happens they don't re-seed it so the best team faces the worst ranked team left. The draw brings a little gamesmenship to it.

All those other sports have a draw as well with the best ranked team picking their spot first and then the rest gets filled in from there.

Yeah, that's a head-scratcher...

Outside of a 23-25 upset in S3 against Elder at home, LaSalle has scored 16, 18 4x, and 20 against Elder.

In their first match against Moeller, they won S2 and scored 22, 21, 21 in the other 3.

If you only focus on those matchups, I can see going for the Moeller half of the bracket (especially with it being a home match for Elder), but you have to get through X in that half of the bracket to even get to Moeller anyways. I guess they'd rather face their 2nd and 3rd toughest opponents than just their 1st? Not the route I'd go, but I can see that being the rationale?

*shrug* Gene gonna Gene I guess.

Every other sport? You mean like basketball? Oh wait they don't seed it out either. What about baseball? No they don't either. Soccer? Nope. The only ones, off the top of my head, that seed based on final ranking are football and wrestling. And if an upset happens they don't re-seed it so the best team faces the worst ranked team left. The draw brings a little gamesmenship to it.

All those other sports have a draw as well with the best ranked team picking their spot first and then the rest gets filled in from there.

But the biggest issue with it is sometimes you get the 2 or even 3 best teams on one side of the bracket. If we want to grow the game, wouldn't we want the 2 best teams in a regional final matchup, instead of 1 of the best and some hack team???

But the biggest issue with it is sometimes you get the 2 or even 3 best teams on one side of the bracket. If we want to grow the game, wouldn't we want the 2 best teams in a regional final matchup, instead of 1 of the best and some hack team???

Has nothing to do with growing the game. Heck you could argue having an Oak Hills or Fairfield in a Regional Final Match is growing the game more than seeing the 4 GCL schools square off.

The East Region and North Region routinely have "some hack team" in one of the Regional Finals against powers like Darby, Eds or Ignatius.

Does it stink that Moeller has that tough match before even making it to the State portion, sure. But they are the #1 seed and just beat X, Elder and LaSalle in their last 3 matches. Time to live up to the seed.

About 4-5 years ago, Moeller was the #1 seed and they faced off against #11 seeded Sycamore in the Regional Final. Moeller nearly lost the first set. Elder, X and LaSalle were all on the opposite side.

seeding

1 of these 4 teams will advance to the regional finals or semi-finals (whichever they call it) at Elder, as it stands now.

10 Milford

6 Fairfield

5 Oak Hills

9 Loveland

If the seeds were to hold in the proper seeding system Moeller would face LaSalle and Elder would face St. X at Elder. If the seeds don't hold, then so be it.

Division I East Region: (seeds not listed)

East #1
Hilliard Darby vs. Delaware Hayes
Pickerington Central vs. Dublin Coffman

Gahanna Lincoln vs. Dublin Jerome
Olentangy Liberty vs. Westerville North/Northland Winner

East #2
Westerville South vs. Reynoldsburg
Hiliard Davidson vs. Thomas Worthington

Olentangy vs. Upper Arlington
Pickerington North vs. Hilliard Bradley/Westerville Central Winner

Division I North Region: (seeds not listed)

North #1
St Ignatius vs. Brunswick
Hudson vs. Medina

North #2
Stow-Munroe Falls vs. Jackson
St Edward vs. Brecksville-BH