State & Columbus District Poll

TimtheEnchanter

STATE POLL
1. Toledo St Francis ---------------------------- 68 (5)
2. Hunting Valley University School --------- 50
3. Cleveland St. Ignatius --------------------- 48 (2)
4. Lakewood St. Edward --------------------- 42
(tie) Parma Padua ----------------------------- 42
6. Sylvania Northview ------------------------- 39
7. Toledo St. John's ---------------------------- 30
8. Gates Mills Gilmour Academy ------------- 21
9. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit ------------- 15
10. Findlay -------------------------------------- 11

Others receiving votes: Dublin Coffman, Bowling Green, Hudson, Mentor Lake Catholic, Strongsville and Cincinnati Moeller.

CINCINNATI - COLUMBUS - DAYTON POLL
1. Dublin Coffman -------------- 127 (10)
2. Dublin Jerome --------------- 106
3. Cincinnati Moeller ----------- 94 (3)
4. Cincinnati Sycamore -------- 77
5. Centerville -------------------- 66
6. Olentangy Liberty ----------- 52
7. Beavercreek ------------------ 48
8. Upper Arlington -------------- 41
9. Springboro -------------------- 26
10. St. Charles ------------------ 20

Others receiving votes: Olentangy Orange, Oxford Talawanda, Troy, Olentangy, Cincinnati St. Xavier and Thomas Worthington.

From where did that come? I saw this in today's Dispatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...gh08.ART_ART_01-08-10_C5_VMG82VG.html?sid=101

Hockey
State poll
1. Cleveland St. Ignatius 74 (4); 2. Toledo Francis 68 (2) 49; 3. Parma Padua 67 (2); 4. Hunting Valley University 52; 5. Lakewood St. Edward 37; 6. Toledo St. John's 34; 7. Sylvania Northview 36; 8. Gates Mills Gilmour 33; 9. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 19; 10. Dublin Coffman 5. Also receiving votes: Finlday, Hudson, Strongsville, Bowling Green, Mentor Lake Catholic, Rocky River.

District poll
1. Dublin Coffman (11) 119; 2. Dublin Jerome 95; 3. Cincinnati Moeller (1) 83; 4. Cincinnati Sycamore 75; 5. Centerville 44; 6. Olentangy Liberty 58; 7. Beavercreek 48, 8. Upper Arlington 32; 9. Springboro 30; 10. St. Charles 24. Also receiving votes: Oxford Talawanda, Olentangy Orange, Olentangy, Troy, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Gahanna, Thomas Worthington.

Latest Poll - Jan 26

Sixth Hockey Poll Released January 26, 2010
DISTRICT POLL
1. Dublin Coffman 189 (18)
2. Cincinnati Sycamore 146 (1)
3. Cincinnati Moeller 143
4. Dublin Jerome 131
5. Olentangy Liberty 113
6. Beavercreek 82
7. Centerville 62
8. Springboro 53
9. Upper Arlington 37
10. Olentangy Orange 28
Others receiving votes: St. Charles, Troy, Oxford Talawanda, Gahanna, Thomas Worthington, Olentangy and Cincinnati St. Xavier

STATE POLL
1. Toledo St. Francis 78 (6)
2. Cleveland St. Ignatius 69 (2)
3. Hunting Valley University School 59
4. Toledo St. Johns 49
5. Parma Padua 44
6. Sylvania Northview 31
7. Lakewood St. Edward 30
8. Gates Mills Gilmour Academy 28
9. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 23
10. Mentor Lake Catholic 13
Others receiving votes: Bowling Green, Findlay, Dublin Coffman and Strongsville

US Ohio High School Hockey Rankings
(Independent Site - Computer Rankings - Coaches don't vote)
http://www.ushsho.com/ohrank.htm

Feb 2 2010 Poll

Liberty gets a big boost (goes 5th to 2nd) off their win over Coffman. Moeller drops from 3rd to 5th. Springboro climbs over Centerville. St Charles jumps over UA. Who is voting for St X?

Hockey: District and state polls
COLUMBUS DISTRICT POLL

1. Dublin Coffman 160 (8)
2. Olentangy Liberty 132 (7)
3. Cincinnati Sycamore 129 (1)
4. Dublin Jerome 121 (1)
5. Cincinnati Moeller 104
6. Beavercreek 69
7. Springboro 67
8. Centerville 49
9. St. Charles 29
10. Upper Arlington 25

Others receiving votes: Gahanna, Oxford Talawanda, Olentangy Orange, Worthington Kilbourne, Olentangy, Troy and Cincinnati St. Xavier

STATE POLL

1. Toledo St. Francis 67 (4)
2. Cleveland St. Ignatius 66 (3)
3. Hunting Valley University 51
4. Sylvania Northview 45
5. Toledo St. Johns 41
6. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit and Lakewood St. Edward 29
8. Parma Padua 18
9. Gates Mills Gilmour Academy and Mentor Lake Catholic 15

Others receiving votes: North Olmstead, Strongsville, Dublin Coffman, Findlay and Olentangy Liberty

well, X did tie Beavercreek and St Charles and beat Upper Arlington...all in the last 2 weeks

Still doesn't add up

So, you think that justifies a vote in the top 10 in the district. UA is probably living on their legacy for votes and their goaltender for wins. St Charles is not bad. Beavercreek was without #1 goalie, 2nd leading pt scorer, and a defenseman against X. Plus, leading scorer wnet out for 14 min. when he hurt refs feelings. I like Beavercreek in a rematch.:stirthepot:

Re: St. X & District Poll

Facts:

Columbus is the weakest district in the state.

There are 21 teams in the district.

St. X is BARELY in the Top 20.

There is no worthwhile HS hockey discussion on yappi.

***In other news***

Tim, who do you like to win the district? Why?

District

Coffman, Liberty, Sycamore, Springboro, Beavercreek will vie for District title. Sycamore and Springboro's weaknesses seem to be goalie and depth. Beavercreek weak on depth in the offense. Liberty and Beavercreek match up well. Coffman has a goalie, plays physical, seems to have offense. Though they did get beat by Liberty when Rocks best O was out, so one may question depth on offense. Coffman has played a tough schedule and done well. I have to take Coffman over Beavercreek in the district final.

I think sycamore is pretty deep, all their players are good skaters, but thier weakness will definitely be their goalie. Coffman i think is the team to beat, they have consistently been the number one team in the district. I don't however think Beavercreek will make the district final

??

Where do Moeller and Jerome fit in? Someone must think they're pretty good. I haven't seen Jerome. Recent history says Moeller finds a way to choke in that tournament.

Moeller Not; Jerome Yes

??

Where do Moeller and Jerome fit in? Someone must think they're pretty good. I haven't seen Jerome. Recent history says Moeller finds a way to choke in that tournament.

Moeller will exit in the 2nd round. Not really impressed with their play. Ah, Jerome, left them out somehow. They could easily figure in. Can't wait to see the brackets.

Who then

I think sycamore is pretty deep, all their players are good skaters, but thier weakness will definitely be their goalie. Coffman i think is the team to beat, they have consistently been the number one team in the district. I don't however think Beavercreek will make the district final

So, you have Coffman and who? Sycamore?

we need someone(dublin's,UA,Moeller,Sycamore,Beavercreek............) to finally win a game or better yet two games in the final four and shut the mouth's of some those people up north.

with that said, i'm pulling for my team and any team from the district to win a championship.

we are way overdue.

So, you think that justifies a vote in the top 10 in the district. UA is probably living on their legacy for votes and their goaltender for wins. St Charles is not bad. Beavercreek was without #1 goalie, 2nd leading pt scorer, and a defenseman against X. Plus, leading scorer wnet out for 14 min. when he hurt refs feelings. I like Beavercreek in a rematch.:stirthepot:

wasn't trying to justify...I'm obviously an X fan, and all you asked for was who might be voting for them. Their best week all season by far and someone decided to recognize that, so what? Any team can win any given game, hurt feelings aside (dropped the F bomb arguing a good call, if he's that easily upset, teams can use that to their advantage) and X scored after he came back on the ice (even though BC came back to tie the game). Tourney upset? Doubtful, but even teams with poor records come to compete every game and X has nothing to lose and everything to prove.

we need someone(dublin's,UA,Moeller,Sycamore,Beavercreek............) to finally win a game or better yet two games in the final four and shut the mouth's of some those people up north.

If you're pinning your hopes on Coffman, forget it, it won't happen this year.

UA is probably living on their legacy for votes and their goaltender for wins.
I agree with you. The Bears had a great year in 2007 while playing a pretty good game against Parma Padua in the state semis.

However, I don't think they're that good this year. I hear their JV's are pretty good this year, though.

Right now, I don't see anyone as good as that 2007 UA team. So, someone is going to have to step up their game to avoid a repeat of last year's state semi blowout.

I've seen both teams play this year. If they played 10 times St Francis beats them by a touchdown in 9 of them.
St Francis must have rested their top two lines.

But a tie is a tie-- Nice job Elks.

February 9 State and District Poll

State poll
1. Toledo St. Francis (4) and Cleveland St. Ignatius (4) 76
3. Hunting Valley University 58
4. Sylvania Northview 45
5. Toledo St. John’s 44
6. Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit 42
7. Gates Mills Gilmour 30
8. Lakewood St. Edward and Parma Padua 27
10. Strongsville 4

District poll
1. Cincinnati Sycamore 110 (5)
2. Dublin Coffman 109 (3)
3. Cincinnati Moeller 99 (4)
4. Olentangy Liberty 97 (1)
5. Dublin Jerome 85
6. Beavercreek 60
7. Centerville 44
8. Springboro 41
9. St, Charles 31
10. Upper Arlington 15.

Others receiving votes: Gahanna, Oxford Talawanda and Cincinnati St. Xavier.