State Basketball Tournament

Does GlenOak have what it takes to make it to Columbus, and do they have what it takes to win in Columbus? Please post all thoughts and predictions :)

Tough question. I think they have what it takes, Koufas is a man among boys. However, ANYTHING can happen in the tourny. One bad night and it's over. It should be exciting! I still remember going to watch the GlenOak girls play for the state back in 1988 (I believe it was 88)

Polar, I went to school with them and I agree, both very nice people and good ballers!

Any idea whatever happened to them - I haven't seen them in probably a dozen years or so. I was better friends with one of them than the other, but for the life of me - can't remember which one was which.

I don't know whatever happened to them. Haven't seen them since 1990. JoAnn was the better of the 2 at hoops (not saying Jenny wasn't good). Both were class acts in school. I knew JoAnn more than I did Jenny, but again, very nice people.

The only thing standing in the way of GlenOak going to state is Saurday's game against Perry. Now is your chance to call like you see it, please post your thoughts! :)

Just mere details, right?

Course Solon and Garfield Heights, Firestone and Wadsworth, and Glenville and Riverside might be a little irked by that! (teams still left in the Akron Region) :D

Sorry about that. Yes, I did get a little ahead of myself there. But I did mean one game between them and regionals, (I was a little out of sorts last night and I do apologize for my mistake). :blush:

Who all is making the trip down to Columbus? I'll be down there and I'm staying overnight at a hotel about 10 minutes outside of Columbus.

Roster online?

Excuse me. Down here in So. OH we've heard of your 7-footer, Mr. Koufas, I believe.

Who else is on this team?

Were it not for an injury to our point guard, who didn't play in the tournament, I believe you'd likely be facing Elder this weekend, instead of our GCL cousin, St. Xavier. Moeller also from our league; we shared the league championship with them.

St. X has pretty good size, good shooting and good ballhandling. They usually rely on zone defense.

Be careful pressing them; their point guard can zip past you.

Info on your team?

Thanks.

Excuse me. Down here in So. OH we've heard of your 7-footer, Mr. Koufas, I believe.

Were it not for an injury to our point guard, who didn't play in the tournament, I believe you'd likely be facing Elder this weekend, instead of our GCL cousin, St. Xavier. Moeller also from our league; we shared the league championship with them.

St. X has pretty good size, good shooting and good ballhandling. They usually rely on zone defense.

Info on your team?

Thanks.

Who do you want to win elder72?:wallbang:

Info on your team?

Thanks.
Basic info:
Starting lineup
Kosta Koufos (7'2'')
D.J. Keehn (6'4'')
Mike Lancia (5'8'')
Storm Sanders (6'0'')
Mark Quinn (5'8'')

Offense
Plays halfcourt, but can get out and run when needed. Offense centers around Koufos.

Defense
2-3 zone all game

There ya go Elder72!