State attendance yesterday

tcgobucks

Wow, 3700 for Taft & Lutheran East and 5100 for SVSM/Alter and Gilmour/Waverly. The OHSAA site doesn't have attendance for OG / Africentric. Those number are the worst in tourney history by far. If this keeps up the OHSAA is probably going to boost tickets up to $30 a game next season.

Have to feel that with rising gas prices, cost of a hotel room, ticket prices and food that OHSAA priced themself out of big crowds. Plus with them available on TV has to be a factor.

Very true. People are tightening their budgets with the cost of everything going up. People don't have the disposable incomes they use to have.

And the amount of people who care enough to spend a weekend watching teams they have no ties to has decreased.

The groups who would make it an annual tradition to head down for the weekend have been greatly reduced, and the younger generation has not replaced them.

What’s the got to do with it?

That is why I am not there..... and I am not alone.

I would also add that many would just rather watch the NCAA tourney instead as the OHSAA has gone out of their way to make OHSAA events less friendly.

Others just said to he ll with sports because of the political BS associated with it and found better things to do with their lives.

What’s the got to do with it?
That is why I am not there..... and I am not alone.

I would also add that many would just rather watch the NCAA tourney instead as the OHSAA has gone out of their way to make OHSAA events less friendly.

Others just said to he ll with sports because of the political BS associated with it and found better things to do with their lives.
It is why I did not go to any bball tourney games so that is 2 less tix. that would have been sold and I know they're more people who feel the same way.

The venue is perfect considering the current state of Ohio High School basketball. The location stinks for the whole of the State. Digital tickets have alienated a entire generation from OHSAA sanctioned events. Heard that from many sources! Also the AAU team effect being felt in multiple divisions is turning off many fans from attending or caring anymore. We need a real leader in the OHSAA that has a vision for the future. Otherwise I fear we are at a tipping point which may not be recoverable!

The venue is perfect considering the current state of Ohio High School basketball. The location stinks for the whole of the State. Digital tickets have alienated a entire generation from OHSAA sanctioned events. Heard that from many sources! Also the AAU team effect being felt in multiple divisions is turning off many fans from attending or caring anymore. We need a real leader in the OHSAA that has a vision for the future. Otherwise I fear we are at a tipping point which may not be recoverable!
To say OHSAA is out of touch with the fan base is a huge understatement. However I get the feeling OHSAA really could care less about the common folk.

It is why I did not go to any bball tourney games so that is 2 less tix. that would have been sold and I know they're more people who feel the same way.
I’m not going to make fun of you or ridicule your choice, but you know that someone else could have printed tickets for you, right?

I’m not going to make fun of you or ridicule your choice, but you know that someone else could have printed tickets for you, right?
I could have printed them out myself, I did for football just don't like using a CC to buy tix. Football > basketball however if Flyers had made it to Dayton, I would have printed tix, much too my chagrin.

Last edited:
HS attendance almost everywhere, has been down for years. Not going to change for many reasons. Just a couple examples : quality of play is generally not good. Internet, cell phones … keeps a lot of people on their couch. Once lost , almost always lost in today’s world.

I agree on all points. The team I support is a D1 urban school with closed enrollment and probably no longer has any shot in football or basketball and as far as any of the games this weekend? I could care less.

Forgive my ignorance, as I haven't lived in Ohio for many years - you can't walk up and pay cash for a ticket at the state tournament???

Probably not the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, but not far from it.

And anyone who says that’s the reason they aren’t attending is lying and looking for someone else to blame because they’re mad the world left them behind.

Debatable. I don't have a smart phone. What if I drove up from Cincinnati to UD Arena and found out I couldn't buy a ticket? I might definitely be so angry I would never return.

I don't have a smart phone. What if I drove up from Cincinnati to UD Arena and found out I couldn't buy a ticket? I might definitely be so angry I would never return.
It’s the twenty second year of the twenty first century. If someone is limited by choosing to avoid technology, “they’re mad the world left them behind.”
But all that said you don’t actually need a smartphone. You can print your ticket ahead of time.