Stanford reverses decision to cut 11 sports

I saw today that Clemson was facing a lawsuit for dropping the men's track team with some veiled threats of exposing illegal benefits to the football program and it made me wonder if some of these programs were going to start fighting back a bit. The Clemson one was a bit unique because the female track team, which wasn't being cut, was filing a separate Title 9 suit against the school because they shared coaches so by cutting the boys team they'd lose coaches and would therefore be impacted. Clemson had cited Title 9 reasons (cutting the boys team actually put them 8% UNDER the proper ratio) and financial reasons (this one is just kind of laughable).

I saw today that Clemson was facing a lawsuit for dropping the men's track team with some veiled threats of exposing illegal benefits to the football program and it made me wonder if some of these programs were going to start fighting back a bit. The Clemson one was a bit unique because the female track team, which wasn't being cut, was filing a separate Title 9 suit against the school because they shared coaches so by cutting the boys team they'd lose coaches and would therefore be impacted. Clemson had cited Title 9 reasons (cutting the boys team actually put them 8% UNDER the proper ratio) and financial reasons (this one is just kind of laughable).
There’s no doubt Clemson football pays well. When a 1st rd RB decides to return to school, something’s fishy.

I'm obviously happy about the decision but it'd been nice if it'd occurred before the staff and most the roster decided for options elsewhere. I'm sure they'll be given the chance to return but will they?

I'm obviously happy about the decision but it'd been nice if it'd occurred before the staff and most the roster decided for options elsewhere. I'm sure they'll be given the chance to return but will they?
I believe the assistants are still at Stanford. Griffith, Abbas, Woods, Traxler, Van Der Merwe are still in the portal as of now.
If those guys come back, Stanford has a nice squad. Another interesting note, Stanford has zero new recruits as one would imagine. ✌️

Last edited: