Staffing shortages, watch this

I've had Covid and have immunity. You took a shot that is loosing effectiveness. You also didn't factor in vaccinated deaths and bad reactions. Next we have to assume the reporting is accurate. I'm glad you took the vaccine. I won't be taking any vaccine at this point. Per Abbot binaxnow. I believe science will prove natural immunity was the correct choice. But, everyone has to do what they think is correct. Stupid is a funny word and you have me laughing. I doubt you even get that analogy.
Trust me, your reasoning is so simplistic it is never hard to follow. Natural immunity may prove to be permanent. Good for you, but I don’t choose to risk getting the virus to achieve natural immunity. 200 million plus vaccinated. I would say most seem to agree with me. I’ve pointed out several times on here that estimates of vaccine induced deaths run as high as 6,000. That is a really small percentage of the number vaccinated. In fact, it is a much, much smaller percentage than the percentage of folks who have died of covid after being infected.

Trust me, your reasoning is so simplistic it is never hard to follow. Natural immunity may prove to be permanent. Good for you, but I don’t choose to risk getting the virus to achieve natural immunity. 200 million plus vaccinated. I would say most seem to agree with me. I’ve pointed out several times on here that estimates of vaccine induced deaths run as high as 6,000. That is a really small percentage of the number vaccinated. In fact, it is a much, much smaller percentage than the percentage of folks who have died of covid after being infected.
Be sure to get your appointment(s) for your boosters.

Unless it kills you I think you can expect one every 6 months or so.

Meanwhile....my natural immunity keeps chugging along.
There have been a significant number of people with natural immunity get covid a second time, especially after eight months or so. More so than people who were vaccinated, but it is debatable.

Don't disagree with anything after the first sentence. But if they put that they are vaxed on the resume, that doesn't take me to a positive place. It is irrelevant and virtue signaling. What's next, a gay pride flag on top of the resume? I don't care if they are gay or not, it has nothing to do with their qualifications, just like being vaxed.
False equivalency. Whether someone is gay or supports gay rights has 0 impact on a company's ability to produce work.

Just like putting that you're vaxed on a resume. 0 impact on a person's ability to do work.
Kinda hard to work if you're in the hospital or dead.

And I know exactly how you want to respond to that. That the chances of being so sick that you can't work are small even if you're unvaccinated. And yes, while that is statistically true, hasn't there been enough of a gross total of hospitalizations and deaths across the landscape that the risk of employing someone unvaccinated is at the front of mind for an employer? Maybe winbypin doesn't think that way, which is his/her prerogative as a hiring manager, but others certainly do, to the point that some candidates may believe listing their status on their application materials gives them a leg up.

My brother is floor staff at a hospital in Columbus. It's a job he cannot perform remotely. He caught Covid a few weeks ago despite being vaccinated. The worst he experienced was some pain and loss of most of his sense of taste for a while. So even though he was fine, he had to follow protocol of quarantining at home for 5-10 days. You see how that's lost time for him (he's hourly) and a cost for the hospital?

And I know exactly how you want to respond to that. That the chances of being so sick that you can't work are small even if you're unvaccinated. And yes, while that is statistically true, hasn't there been enough of a gross total of hospitalizations and deaths across the landscape that the risk of employing someone unvaccinated is at the front of mind for an employer? Maybe winbypin doesn't think that way, which is his/her prerogative as a hiring manager, but others certainly do, to the point that some candidates may believe listing their status on their application materials gives them a leg up.

My brother is floor staff at a hospital in Columbus. It's a job he cannot perform remotely. He caught Covid a few weeks ago despite being vaccinated. The worst he experienced was some pain and loss of most of his sense of taste for a while. So even though he was fine, he had to follow protocol of quarantining at home for 5-10 days. You see how that's lost time for him (he's hourly) and a cost for the hospital?
That isn't how risk works.

Yeah cool story but having "I'm vaxed" on your resume is virtue signaling. You don't go into the hiring process saying "I wonder who will get covid, the flu, hit by a bus, die from cancer, etc." Again, it has NOTHING to do with the person's ability to do the job or not. Take the L on this one just like the flu shot question and move on. You look silly....

Many companies now require vaccination, and will ask, so why not? Seems a tad more relevant than "interests include travel and cycling".

Many companies now require vaccination, and will ask, so why not? Seems a tad more relevant than "interests include travel and cycling".
Also not relevant to qualifications to do job, so putting that at the top of the resume is also a hard no. Your lame attempt is noted.

And as usual it takes ordinary people to do the job of the media. Sad, sad stare of affairs.
They take the fact that patients have long wait times in Emergency Rooms and then lie and falsely claim that the patient volume is enormous due to Covid. In reality, it's because staffing is so low, that some medical facilities are offering triple time to staff to pick up shifts.

They take the fact that patients have long wait times in Emergency Rooms and then lie and falsely claim that the patient volume is enormous due to Covid. In reality, it's because staffing is so low, that some medical facilities are offering triple time to staff to pick up shifts.
One of these wackos said something to the effect of “good riddance” to hospital staff that remain unvaxxed ??. Monumental stupidity. Just give ole Red and Gold/ Slappy/ or MeanM the nearest vaxxed barista if they get shot while being carjacked. Of course it would happen while they were washing the feet of the homeless with golf ball boy.

I've talked with a lot of people lately who are simply sick and tired of the overkill. This has to end.

I went to the doctor today and it was back to full blown craziness. Masks, distancing, temp checks, a million questions. Enough already.

I've talked with a lot of people lately who are simply sick and tired of the overkill. This has to end.

I went to the doctor today and it was back to full blown craziness. Masks, distancing, temp checks, a million questions. Enough already.

You lost your chance to credibly complain when you reneged on your promise to go pitchforks and torches after "2 weeks to flatten the curve" never ended.

In other words, you're late to the party.

Also not relevant to qualifications to do job, so putting that at the top of the resume is also a hard no. Your lame attempt is noted.
“Hard no”. Lol. Like you ever hired a person in your life. Having a dude drive you a pizza to the basement bedroom does not count.

He should be fired for catching Covid. Vaccinated and let the virus infect himself. Didn't follow proper protocol. If he had, he wouldn't have become infected. Sound reasonable?

“Hard no”. Lol. Like you ever hired a person in your life. Having a dude drive you a pizza to the basement bedroom does not count.
Epic burn fat man...But as I said hard no on the virtue signaling. But since you brought it up, paying for sex doesn't count as hiring anyone, well maybe it does but no resume needed.