Staffing shortages, watch this

The number of people actually being let go over mandates is very small. It is not this mass exodus that’s being imagined by some. These people are also not usually eligible for unemployment as they chose to leave employment.
The large health care network I work for has a deadline of October 31. As of today a full 30% of employees are unvaccinated. If this number doesn’t decrease there will be a fundamental change in what and how services are provided across this country. There is already a shortage of front line staff nationwide so to replace 30% of your workforce is not on option at this time

Ask TP. He is the one that said people are highlighting it on resumes, job search sites, etc. Not me. I have not seen a single resume that highlights that and nobody has said that in the interviews we have had in the past couple of months.

I stand by what I said though. If they think that is important enough to list as a qualification for an opening we have I am passing them by. The more you people you interview and hire the more you learn to look for the little things that might indicate they could be a problem down the road.

And it's totally different than a football recruit listing their GPA. A strong GPA indicates intelligence and they can understand our offense or defense. Also shows they are likely to be able to keep up with the academics at the University. And they could also be eligible for academic scholarships too. Heck, it shows they can actually get accepted at the school.
You said:
I wouldn't hire them if that is what they want to advertise more then their experience.
You brought that up, suggesting you think there are people who would highlight their vaccination status way more prominently then all of their experience. How would that even be possible? The most anyone would say to that would be "I am fully vaccinated for Covid-19".

You know what putting that at the top of a resume tells me? That the person is empathetic towards others, they weigh pros and cons of the decisions they have to make with accuracy, they likely won't be the cause of an outbreak at the job, and they likely will not miss extended work due to illness. If you read something ulterior to that, I'd hate to be the recruiter or HR rep tasked with helping you fill your jobs.

Stop swamping our hospitals and begging to be treated over others. If you don't trust doctors and hospitals or think covid isn't serious then prove it.
Movie Friday GIF
Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

You know what putting that at the top of a resume tells me? That the person is empathetic towards others, they weigh pros and cons of the decisions they have to make with accuracy, they likely won't be the cause of an outbreak at the job, and they likely will not miss extended work due to illness. If you read something ulterior to that, I'd hate to be the recruiter or HR rep tasked with helping you fill your jobs.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

I'm not qualified for the job, but I care..... :ROFLMAO: Thanks for that gem, I actually laughed on that. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited:
You said:

You brought that up, suggesting you think there are people who would highlight their vaccination status way more prominently then all of their experience. How would that even be possible? The most anyone would say to that would be "I am fully vaccinated for Covid-19".

Lol. It just tells me they are virtue signaling twat and they likely have a statue with a mask on it as their avatar on social media.

Hard pass.

The large health care network I work for has a deadline of October 31. As of today a full 30% of employees are unvaccinated. If this number doesn’t decrease there will be a fundamental change in what and how services are provided across this country. There is already a shortage of front line staff nationwide so to replace 30% of your workforce is not on option at this time
Every single one of those people should be filing a religious or medical exemption or both at every applicable office, and ride it out until the very end.

don’t blink.

Are they allowing exemptions if you have antibodies? Hospitals in Dayton are doing that.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

I'm not qualified for the job, but I care..... :ROFLMAO: Thanks for that gem, I actually laughed on that. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
If they're not qualified for the job, they don't get hired. Vaccine or no vaccine. Why do you think I think otherwise?

Lol. It just tells me they are virtue signaling twat and they likely have a statue with a mask on it as their avatar on social media.

Hard pass.
I feel so strongly about Covid vaccines that it's crept into my job performance and work relationships. Oh wait, no it hasn't. So far this year I've received two performance bonuses and the maximum possible merit raise, so....

If they're not qualified for the job, they don't get hired. Vaccine or no vaccine. Why do you think I think otherwise?

Putting that at the top of the resume is a hard no.... That whole statement is a bunch bs. "I'm empathetic towards others because I took the vax" "I weigh pros and cons of decision I make with accuracy because I took the vax." "I won't miss extended time due to illness because.....you guessed it, I'm vaxed."

I have to say this actually made me laugh harder the second time I read it. Kudos on that post though....really.

I feel so strongly about Covid vaccines that it's crept into my job performance and work relationships. Oh wait, no it hasn't. So far this year I've received two performance bonuses and the maximum possible merit raise, so....
Happy for you. But you never said you were putting your vaccination status on your resume or boasting about it at your work....so your bonuses and merit increases are irrelevant.

Every single one of those people should be filing a religious or medical exemption or both at every applicable office, and ride it out until the very end.

don’t blink.

Always a reliable republican go-to. Lie about your christianity. Why not?

Medical exemptions obviously.

Yes. Can't separate the two. Similar to other protocols such as non-smoking, hand washing, wearing surgical masks, etc. Hospitals should feel especially obligated to follow best medical practices in protecting patients, not just employees.
Lots of fat nurses and doctors should be fired. It influences their services. Period!

Putting that at the top of the resume is a hard no.... That whole statement is a bunch bs. "I'm empathetic towards others because I took the vax" "I weigh pros and cons of decision I make with accuracy because I took the vax." "I won't miss extended time due to illness because.....you guessed it, I'm vaxed."

I have to say this actually made me laugh harder the second time I read it. Kudos on that post though....really.
Whether those statements are true or not, my first impression would go to a positive place. A candidate should be seeking that with anything they present to a potential employer, from what goes on their resume, how they dress for the interview, and their preparedness for the interview. All of those things are important but they are separate from the candidate's ultimate ability to do the job.

Whether those statements are true or not, my first impression would go to a positive place. A candidate should be seeking that with anything they present to a potential employer, from what goes on their resume, how they dress for the interview, and their preparedness for the interview. All of those things are important but they are separate from the candidate's ultimate ability to do the job.
Don't disagree with anything after the first sentence. But if they put that they are vaxed on the resume, that doesn't take me to a positive place. It is irrelevant and virtue signaling. What's next, a gay pride flag on top of the resume? I don't care if they are gay or not, it has nothing to do with their qualifications, just like being vaxed.

So if an employer imposes a new mandate, policy, code of conduct, or procedural change, and you don't want to follow it, and are directed to comply or risk job separation, you consider this being treated like scum? Businesses do this sort of thing all the time. It may not seem fair, but it's a common practice. "But this is different. Vaccines are invasive!" Well, some businesses have enacted mandatory drug testing as a term of employment after hire. Some find this invasive, but their plight hasn't seemed to find it's way into the cable-news machinery. These nurses still have a choice. I support their right to continue working or hold a sign out in front of the hospital. Doesn't mean I don't think they're still heroes. All of them. Regardless of jab status.
Our company has taken a logical approach. We have a program for health checking to get lower insurance, but they don’t mandate participation. I choose not to participate. I don’t complain about those that do, and they don’t complain that I (and a few others) don’t.
If they mandated participation, then yes, I think that would be treating employees like scum.
We’re not talking about a dress code to anything potentially directly affecting someone’s health. We’re talking about mandating a fax that CAN have negative affects, up to and including death. What kind of owner would mandate that?

Plenty of nursing jobs available even if they get fired over this short sighted vaxx order, can find another one. Heck if they wait a month, same hosp. that fired them will probably hire them back. However wake up America, 1984 is here just 37 years late.

Marine- “I would rather quit than be forced to get the vaccine”

government- “You already got the vaccines for malaria, dengue, chicken pox, cholera, measles, mumps and rubella in order to join the military. How is this different”?

Marine- ?

Marine- “I would rather quit than be forced to get the vaccine”

government- “You already got the vaccines for malaria, dengue, chicken pox, cholera, measles, mumps and rubella in order to join the military. How is this different”?

Marine- ?
Well to start with covid is exponentially less dangerous to this marine then malaria, dengue, chicken pox, cholera, measles, mumps and rubella.

Do the marines mandate the Shingles vaccine?

Dude, TP told us 98% doctors and 88% of nurses are ESTIMATED vaxxed, I trust him.