• Moeller wins by less than 4

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Moeller wins by more than 4

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As usual this will be a battle to the end. Both teams have great offensive weapons. Moe will have to be tough on face-offs and defense. If they can do this, I say Moe wins. Should be a great game!

It's a great matchup! Both teams have potent attacks. Moe probably has a slight advantage on 1st middies, but X has more depth at midfield, which could be a factor late. X has a clear advantage at close D and at the faceoff X.

Plus X is at home. Overall I'd have to say X wins a close one.

It's a great matchup! Both teams have potent attacks. Moe probably has a slight advantage on 1st middies, but X has more depth at midfield, which could be a factor late. X has a clear advantage at close D and at the faceoff X.

Plus X is at home. Overall I'd have to say X wins a close one.

X-Daddy thinks that X has the X factor, which is their X-cellent stick skillz and X-cellent conditioning. 2 bad dey got lucky against da Aves. We'll see whatz up in the R4 finals, yo. Da land of da free and da home of da AVES!

MOE-Daddy

I think MOE will have MOE MOE-mentum heading into Wednesday. They will play fast and make X look like they're in slow-MOE out there. MOE's offense has MOE amMOE than X's bomb squad and should MOEbilize anything that X fires at them at every MOEment. X people might have MOE money than MOE people, but X will definitely have MOE problems on Wednesday night.

I think MOE will have MOE MOE-mentum heading into Wednesday. They will play fast and make X look like they're in slow-MOE out there. MOE's offense has MOE amMOE than X's bomb squad and should MOEbilize anything that X fires at them at every MOEment. X people might have MOE money than MOE people, but X will definitely have MOE problems on Wednesday night.

Cute! :clap:

MOEmentum

Agree with most comments particularly on relative strengths and weaknesses of the 2 teams.

Moe has won last 3 meetings vs. X not including preseason scrimmages which Moe has also owned. Beat them twice last season by combined 4 goals if I recall correctly. Moeller has the "momentum" coming off big win vs. Sycamore and confidence vs. X and will probably show up ready to play looking to build steam for Midwest tourney and solid seeding.

Moe's D will have their hands full with St. X attack and speedy mid-field but if they get strong goalie play and get after ground balls they should win. St. X did not look very strong vs. Sycamore particularly in first half and got several quick goals on EMO to shift momentum in that game. It will be very important for both teams to stay out of the penalty box especially down the stretch.

Should be a great game! Go Moe!

What would Vegas say???

A quick look at the numbers behind tomorrow's big match-up for R4 crown (nevermind the playoffs which is what really counts...)

Records- Moe 9-4 StX 10-5 (2 add'l games include LW who Moe plays next week) - Edge: EVEN
Offense Points Scored- Moe 175 StX 151 (133 excluding Lakota West) Edge: MOE
Defense Goals Allowed- Moe 110 St X 131 (123 excluding Lakota) Edge: EVEN
Record vs. Top 10- Moe 2-4 St X 2-4 Edge: EVEN
Avg Score Differential- Moe +5 St X +1.3 Edge: MOE
Series Record- Moe 3-0 St X 0-3 Edge: MOE
Current Streak- Moe 2W St. X 1L Edge: MOE

Lots of intangibles and individual match-ups that should be great and fun to watch but gotta say the oddsmakers would favor Moe by 3-4 based on ability of offense to put up points.

that was sick!

With about 5 minutes to go in the 4th q X started trying to play the "keep away" game and not really attacking to protect their lead and thought they had the game in the bag, but Moeller had different ideas. They kept playing hard. By the time X woke up they were desperate and Moeller's defense stepped it up a notch. The game will be on www.waycross.tv very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.