St Xavier Hockey

Will St. Xavier win a state title in hockey?

• Yes

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i do beleive students from st x will rally around this team and bring a more than significant number of students to the game saturday...GO BOMBERS!

i do beleive students from st x will rally around this team and bring a more than significant number of students to the game saturday...GO BOMBERS!

you also said there would be a significant amount of students at the district championship basketball game which was only an hour away from x, not two. while I hope you are correct that a lot of students will come, i think it's a little bit less likely than you believe.

i know nothing about hockey...but i do know three things
there will be a decent number of students at this game
st x will compete and play tough nasty hockey
and kenny doud will knock someone the **** out.

The post above me is the perfect proof of why no Cincinnati team has ever won a state championship. The southern ohio hockey teams' small fan base as well as the teams themselves believe hockey to be the UFC on skates. Until people in southern ohio realize that speed and finesse win hockey games, Cleveland/Toledo/Kent will be bringing home the hardware.

And, with global warming, it might be smart just to stick to football. :)

it doesn't matter what a fan thinks, x will bring many students, and x also was most certainly not supposed to gat here (so you can't just write them off)

It is still evidence enough that southern ohio hockey fans believe hockey to be a violent sport, and with fighting outlawed in OSHAA hockey (the penalties for fighting are far more serious than a brief stint in the "sin bin"), what reason do fans have to come to games? Do you honestly think that more than 200 students will drive to Columbus for a sport no one in Southern Ohio cares about? From what I've heard, the Moeller/X game had the highest attendance, and even then, at a game between two teams whose rivalry is nationally recognized as one of the most ferocious, X couldn't even bring more than 100 fans. :eek:

Yikes. Less than 100 students? That better change. As the underdog in the state tourney, St. Xavier is gonna need all the help it can get. Playing in front of a large crowd of your peers is often motivation enough to get a win, and, apparently, since St. Xavier has not had that luxury very often this year, it will be very interesting if 300+ fans show up. It could result in an extremely motivated group of players that just might bring home a state championship.

st x fans have a tendancy to go to bigger games....moe in hockey isnt necessarily big...but final four in any sport will be tons of x students

x has about 1575 students...wanna know how passionate x fans are about big games.....over 1000 students this year showed up for a regular season football game and thats not including the over 100 that play

im not saying they will bring 100 students...but i see 200-300 as possible

200-300? Yeah, right. It'll be more like 150. St. X is a great school, and it supports its athletics, but unfortunately, the hockey program seems to be off the radar. Maybe this final four appearance will make a difference next year...

well its hard to be in the radar considering how successful almost every sport at x is...but when any sport gets to the final 4 the fans will come

dude you need to chill out with your violent assumptions.
no i do not know hockey, never will claim to.
just having a good time when were the underdogs and were said to have no shot what so ever.
the students will be there, and i promise it will be 5x what the other school brings.

you guys are seriously acting like a bunch of little girls on a middle school playground. can you talk a little bit about the teams... or do you have no idea about anything and just want to throw some bs around about fans (or lack of)?

what weaknesses can X exploit to pull off the upset and get to the finals? Why has the north been so much more successful historically? Even if it doesn't happen this year, how far away is SW ohio from bringing a title home?

you guys are seriously acting like a bunch of little girls on a middle school playground. can you talk a little bit about the teams... or do you have no idea about anything and just want to throw some bs around about fans (or lack of)?

what weaknesses can X exploit to pull off the upset and get to the finals? Why has the north been so much more successful historically? Even if it doesn't happen this year, how far away is SW ohio from bringing a title home?

we are talking about the team...we're saying x could have a big advantage that it hasnt had before if enough students come......maybe you should stop being self-richgetous (sp?) and realize that we are tlaking about the teams

we are talking about the team...we're saying x could have a big advantage that it hasnt had before if enough students come......maybe you should stop being self-richgetous (sp?) and realize that we are tlaking about the teams

"self-righteous"... and i think you meant to say "talking" in that last sentence.

And you're thinking way too high of what the student body will be on Saturday. The crowd has an effect. I'm not questioning that. I think the effect that it has will be negligible compared to other factors you won't talk about.

final score was 4-2. Steven louie had a goal with a little less than a minute to go. GA was extremely athletic. They came out fast and really controled the whole game by scoring two quick goals. X was able to hang with them, but could get their shots to fall in. Both teams had opportunities, but I think GA created more opportunities and thus capitalized more.

Great season St. X. Way to go on making it further than ANY other St. X hockey team has ever made it before. You all should be proud of yourselves.

There were a few students there, but I didnt expect to see very many because it's a school night. I had hoped more than 8 would have shown up, but it's not too surprising considering the weather and the changing times and everything else.