St. Ursula new coach

Seems like a really good hire. Looks like SUA is serious about soccer again.
1D1697D0-9A4B-4651-A554-306AB33A5250.jpeg

Attachments

• D794A75E-B00A-451B-A3AD-C305C72889F2.jpeg
    D794A75E-B00A-451B-A3AD-C305C72889F2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46

Looks good on paper. But there have been alot of former college coaches who have joined the High School Coaching Ranks and have failed. Much different than college. Atleast they didnt hire their JVB coach.

Looks good on paper. But there have been alot of former college coaches who have joined the High School Coaching Ranks and have failed. Much different than college. Atleast they didnt hire their JVB coach.
There's been a lot of former college coaches who have joined HS coaching and have succeeded. Pretty anecdotal statement to make. Can always expect the negative to come out right away from people. Can't ever be happy and hope for success of others.

There's been a lot of former college coaches who have joined HS coaching and have succeeded. Pretty anecdotal statement to make. Can always expect the negative to come out right away from people. Can't ever be happy and hope for success of others.
I am happy for St. Ursula. They finally hired someone that has a background and on paper seems to be a great hire. They have certainly not lived up to the St. Ursula Soccer Hype over the last 10 years. I do hope she does well, and gets that program back to a State Contender. But actions speak louder than words. She will still have to produce there.

I am happy for St. Ursula. They finally hired someone that has a background and on paper seems to be a great hire. They have certainly not lived up to the St. Ursula Soccer Hype over the last 10 years. I do hope she does well, and gets that program back to a State Contender. But actions speak louder than words. She will still have to produce there.
Players have to produce. HS coaches can only do so much with the kids they have. X's and O's don't matter that much in HS. Can put Pep in these schools and the coach still won't "produce."

Players have to produce. HS coaches can only do so much with the kids they have. X's and O's don't matter that much in HS. Can put Pep in these schools and the coach still won't "produce."
St. Ursula always has a great pool of talent. The last few coaches have been incompetent, penalizing a player for attending national team camps, cutting D1 commits, ECNL players etc in favor of their club kids and family ties. It’s been a disaster. This woman should have them back in the state title hunt within 2 seasons.

I’ve been out of the Cincinnati Girls HS soccer realm for several years but it seems like Ursula has had quite a few coaches in the last 10-15 years. Am I wrong?

It’s been a revolving door of very bad hires. The previous long time AD was on cruise control to retirement and really didn’t care his last few years. The current AD seems to have athletics as a whole back on track.

It’s been a revolving door of very bad hires. The previous long time AD was on cruise control to retirement and really didn’t care his last few years. The current AD seems to have athletics as a whole back on track.
LOL - ask the Volleyball parents that question. I believe they are on their 3rd coach in 2 years - 4 if you count the guy they didn't renew his contract. Currently looking for that coach at the moment.

Last edited:
Welp.. that didn’t last long. St. Ursula is already looking for a new coach. That lasted what 6 weeks? She resigned this week.

She's gone??? Who did they hire to replace her? What is going on with these SUA sports????
St Ursula hired Fred Oduyoye for soccer. I believe SUA volleyball has gone through a few coaches recently as well. Not sure what the deal is there, athletic wise.

I think as a school, numbers are low—parents not happy with the school. That’s what a few parents mentioned in passing.

UA is similar, with like only 80 girls in the frosh class this fall. They (UA) have a new principal as well.

Last edited:
St Ursula hired Fred Oduyoye for soccer. I believe SUA volleyball has gone through a few coaches recently as well. Not sure what the deal is there, athletic wise.

I think as a school, numbers are low—parents not happy with the school. That’s what a few parents mentioned in passing.

UA is similar, with like only 80 girls in the frosh class this fall. They (UA) have a new principal as well.
The SUA administration is the problem. The President needs to gracefully step away and let someone else right the ship. It’s not just athletics that are in turmoil.

SUA is now 3-8-1.
What has happened to this once storied program?
They’ve had a series of really bad hires who were only interested in having their club kids, family members etc. on the field. It’s sickening the amount of talent these idiots either cut or scared off. Fred should be able to get it turned around once he has his players on the field. At least he is pulling from CUP/GA rather than elevated rec players.