St. Ignatius soccer

First if all, I want to apologize to all of you for the misinformation I gave out. When I first looked to SIBN this morning they said the game would be at Byers and that only audio would be provided. I was as shocked as anyone when I turned on SIBN and that it was being video streamed. Next, I watched the whole game even though it made me late for a dinner engagement. I though the Medina goaltender was so good that the game was headed for 1-0 final or overtime and a shootout. Third, as someone who has been watching this team all year it was nice to see bandwagon jumpers such as tom 48 to make an appearance on a non-foorball thread to support his alma mater and give a discourse on the origin of the word."pitch." Where were you 10 or 15 games ago? It seemed like I was the only Ignatius alum following the exploits of this great team. Personally, I think New Albany will be a pushover unless the Governor closes everything down like he did in March to deprive the hockey team of its fifth consecutive state title.

Hope this makes you happy:

SIBN reported that there were people from 33 different states had logged on to watch the game.

Really an awesome stat that speaks volumes of the loyalty and passion of our alumni base. ... and given the many talented players on both teams, maybe some college scouting traffic in that number.

Rats! I thought for a minute that OSHAA out of the goodness of its heart was going to allow video streaming of the game. Nice to put faces on the broadcasters of the game.

New Albany scored on a corner at the beginning of the second period, closing the game to 2-1. Cats responded with two gaols to make the final 4-1, and give the Cats their 10th state champion.

Since the Cats did what I predicted them to do, go undefeated and win the state, I like to formally congratulate the players and coaches. This is not just a good team, but is really, really good team. As far as I know the Cats were never behind all year. Since Maxpreps has the Cats #1 in the country, in a few days or weeks they will be awarded another one of those phoney-baloney national "titles", giving them six of those meaningless things, three more than the football team BTW. I'm going to make one more obnoxious post on the football forum leave the soocer forum until next fall (BTW the JV teams were loaded). I urge you to follow the great Ignatius hockey info put out by clevelandcane.

Since the Cats did what I predicted them to do, go undefeated and win the state, I like to formally congratulate the players and coaches. This is not just a good team, but is really, really good team. As far as I know the Cats were never behind all year. Since Maxpreps has the Cats #1 in the country, in a few days or weeks they will be awarded another one of those phoney-baloney national "titles", giving them six of those meaningless things, three more than the football team BTW. I'm going to make one more obnoxious post on the football forum leave the soocer forum until next fall (BTW the JV teams were loaded). I urge you to follow the great Ignatius hockey info put out by clevelandcane.

Here you go:

Very interesting development on the national Maxpreps scene. Ignatius, despite going 21-0 and winning the state title, has dropped to #2, in favor of Howland which, according to Maxpreps, went 11-0. I guess I'll have to eat some crow as I prematurely assumed that Ignatius would be #1. A match between Ignatius and Howland would be fun to watch. Just shows the craziness of giving out national "titles" on high school sports.

Very interesting development on the national Maxpreps scene. Ignatius, despite going 21-0 and winning the state title, has dropped to #2, in favor of Howland which, according to Maxpreps, went 11-0. I guess I'll have to eat some crow as I prematurely assumed that Ignatius would be #1. A match between Ignatius and Howland would be fun to watch. Just shows the craziness of giving out national "titles" on high school sports.

A bit bizarre. United Soccer Coaches poll still has Ignatius #1. Howland is outside the top 20, but in the “Others Receiving Votes” category.

I would not put a lot of stock in MaxPreps for the soccer rankings. Warren ended up 20-0-1 even though MaxPreps site has them at 11-0. They may make an adjustment if/when the actual results are updated. Top Drawer and United Soccer Coaches have Ignatius as #1 and are more in tune to the High School Soccer world than MaxPreps..imo