St. Ignatius hockey

Ignatius and New Trier were tied 3-3 after regulation time. A shootout commenced, and Ignatius was leading 1-0 when the broadcast cut out. Anyone know the final?

As a parent of a PW aged player the question is "will he be good enough to play at Ignatius" and he has played consecutive years of AA hockey. It isn't a bad thing that the bar has been set so high in sports other than football. CYO football which has always been the feeder system for football in Catholic High Schools has lost 400 participants in the 7th/8th grade age from where they were in 2015. The environment for kids and High Schools is competitive in all regards sports and academics.

You can always send him to that second-rate program over on Detroit. ;)

This is a very impressive team this year. Next year will be the year I'm interested in seeing what happens. This senior class is special and has been so for 3 or 4 years depending on the kid. So talented!

I thought Ed's hung tough through 2 periods and got worn down badly in the third. Ignatius' power play is really good, I believe they had 3 goals off of that. I believe the Cats also had at least a 20 shot advantage over the Eagles, tough to win a game with all that. Ed's had a hard time physically matching up too.

This is a very impressive team this year. Next year will be the year I'm interested in seeing what happens. This senior class is special and has been so for 3 or 4 years depending on the kid. So talented!

I think most of the hockey community in Cleveland is wondering about this too. Unparalleled dominance for the past 4 years for sure. Other programs have made some changes to see if they can catch up or at least put a dent in it. After yesterday's game, Ed's still has a long way to go although they battled as they always do.

Ed’s hockey program has never been the same since coach Whidden retired. He always seemed to get the most out of his players. Back in those days, the fourth line was just as good as the first line for successful programs like US, Shaker Heights, BG, etc...

Ed’s hockey program has never been the same since coach Whidden retired. He always seemed to get the most out of his players. Back in those days, the fourth line was just as good as the first line for successful programs like US, Shaker Heights, BG, etc...
Coaching plays a role, and hopefully we've got our man in Sullivan, but it seems to me that the Jimmy's and Joe's over on Lorain are just better across the board right now.

Ignatius wins two over the weekend against A21 prep (Ihave no idea what that is or where it is located, though the games were played in Michigan.)

Ignatius wins two over the weekend against A21 prep (Ihave no idea what that is or where it is located, though the games were played in Michigan.)
Prep team out of Ontario I believe. They handled Ed's. Very good wins for the Cats, who look like they may have their most impressive team to date.

We lost last night to Livonia Stevenson from MI, 6-2. 3-2 after 2 but then gave up 3 unanswered. The good news is there are no teams like this in OH. It was good for the Cats to see this level as it can only help their pace and decision making.

Last edited:
I just took a look at the Brooklyn District Bracket... If O’Rourke wanted, he wouldn’t have to play the first two lines at all until the Ed’s rematch.