St. Edward @ Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon looks pretty good but the D Line is just horrible
Too bad def Achilles heel

Not sure what you were watching but as an unbiased FB fan that was there to watch a good game, the Massillon Dline out physical’d Ed’s Oline. 52 had that dude on his heels every play. Dline not supposed to make 10 tackles a game but give LBs opportunity to make plays which Pringle and Fair did all night. Very impressed with the physicality of Massillon’s defense.

Well done Tigers! I salute thee.
salutes jack black GIF

Not sure what you were watching but as an unbiased FB fan that was there to watch a good game, the Massillon Dline out physical’d Ed’s Oline. 52 had that dude on his heels every play. Dline not supposed to make 10 tackles a game but give LBs opportunity to make plays which Pringle and Fair did all night. Very impressed with the physicality of Massillon’s defense.
Yep, not only does Ed’s have a HUGE line they are good players and not just big bodies. 3 of those kids have P5 big time offers.

If you take away the kick return and short field given on the early Massillon fumble the defense played an extremely effective version of bend but don’t break.

Great atmosphere and very exiting game. Whichever team lost was going to be able to point to 5 or 6 missed opportunities they'd like to have back. This was the first loss in High School for the St. Edward class of 2024. They've been flirting with losses 3 out of the previous 4 weeks. Hopefully they grow from this loss.

Question for Massillon fans - Was the announcer messing with us? Calling Kilbane "Lil'bane" for four quarters. Josh Gribble "Jose". Casey Bullock "Cassie" - and many others. He also didn't know the name of the school.

Great atmosphere and very exiting game. Whichever team lost was going to be able to point to 5 or 6 missed opportunities they'd like to have back. This was the first loss in High School for the St. Edward class of 2024. They've been flirting with losses 3 out of the previous 4 weeks. Hopefully they grow from this loss.

Question for Massillon fans - Was the announcer messing with us? Calling Kilbane "Lil'bane" for four quarters. Josh Gribble "Jose". Casey Bullock "Cassie" - and many others. He also didn't know the name of the school.
The PA announcer is new lol I didn’t notice the names being pronounced wrong but did notice him calling out names of incorrect Massillon players a few times. Won’t be disappointed if he isn’t the permanent PA announcer in the future

1. This was the first loss in High School for the St. Edward class of 2024. They've been flirting with losses 3 out of the previous 4 weeks. Hopefully they grow from this loss.

2. Question for Massillon fans - Was the announcer messing with us? Calling Kilbane "Lil'bane" for four quarters. Josh Gribble "Jose". Casey Bullock "Cassie" - and many others. He also didn't know the name of the school.
1. Certainly didn't look like a reigning state champion effort. Credit to Massillon but Eds seemed to be a step slow after the first quarter. My guess is that this is the kind of loss that actually helps down the road.
2. The usual PA announcer was legendary. This guy is just incompetent.

I believe they are using different PA guys each week and trying to find a permanent guy for the future.

I don’t generally predict games but I predict your mouth would be running a whole lot more if the Tigers didn’t pull that game out.
And I predict you would obsessively respond to every single post. Your team just won a great game. Try to enjoy it.

1. Certainly didn't look like a reigning state champion effort. Credit to Massillon but Eds seemed to be a step slow after the first quarter. My guess is that this is the kind of loss that actually helps down the road.
2. The usual PA announcer was legendary. This guy is just incompetent.
Was Ed's slow, or was Massillon's speed cause them to look slow? Banks and Toles were behind their DB's all night. At the very end, they were double covering Banks, with safety help, and he still almost caught a go ahead touchdown.

Was Ed's slow, or was Massillon's speed cause them to look slow? Banks and Toles were behind their DB's all night. At the very end, they were double covering Banks, with safety help, and he still almost caught a go ahead touchdown.
I can assure you Ed’s is not slow. Undersized in the secondary and lacking some of the finer points in technique, yes. Massillon has some great athletes and they made some big plays. I knew Banks would be a nightmare matchup.

I can assure you Ed’s is not slow. Undersized in the secondary and lacking some of the finer points in technique, yes. Massillon has some great athletes and they made some big plays. I knew Banks would be a nightmare matchup.
I did not mean to insinuate that Ed's was slow. I was simply replying to one of the usual Massillon trolls on here, when he slighted Massillon after they won a game that were definitely not expected to.

The PA announcer is new lol I didn’t notice the names being pronounced wrong but did notice him calling out names of incorrect Massillon players a few times. Won’t be disappointed if he isn’t the permanent PA announcer in the future
I remember an announcer years ago at PBTS who I thought should have announced Golf

Good game St. Eds, good luck the rest of the way. Early on the Massillon d-line was getting pancaked in certain spots, but their body language never wavered. Massillon also rotated some linemen in which seemed to help in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.