St. Edward @ Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So spotting teams 14 points is good now? lol

If you read the thread I commented back on my own post saying that things were turning around. Let’s not pretend that Massillon played some perfect game tonight. Imagine if we actually did 🤷🏼‍♂️
Always right on that negative line all the time and it’s getting old.
Did you go to the game ? I mean if I am sitting there at PBTS and we are down 14-0 in the first 2 min the last thing I am thinking about is to get on yappi to post something negative about Moore and yet here you were. Then another post still whining about the 14 point deficit. Ironic how you can rip them when they are down and then one of the best games played at PBTS in a long time and the Tigers pull it out in the final seconds and where were you to congratulate them ?
To me you are no different then the rest of the trolls on this site and it must be a personal thing with Moore, your son must be sitting the bench or something. 🙄

So spotting teams 14 points is good now? lol

If you read the thread I commented back on my own post saying that things were turning around. Let’s not pretend that Massillon played some perfect game tonight. Imagine if we actually did 🤷🏼‍♂️
You are not a fan. You're one of those idiots that sits in the stands and screams at coaches and players alike. Don't need you supporting the program. Go away Negative Nelly.

Was able to listen to the entire game. Massillon has finally opened up the offense, a lot more diverse last night. I have been wanting to see the passing game shorten up and use the middle of the field. Last night they did. The OC realized you weren’t going to line up and run Hartson up the middle all night. Love this team for the heart they play with. Never give up. They are also cleaning up the penalties minus the last 2 plays. Overall each week they are improving and knocking off the #1 team in the state week 5 while playing almost all underclassmen is impressive. And a huge shout out to the OLINE/DLINE they held there own against some monsters on St Ed’s lines. Kilbane and Gedeon were for the most part held in check. Great win by the Tigers!!!

So when have you seen that team that young play a perfect game against a nationally and state ranked opponent? How about this since you think you got the answers to everything why don't you come out and coach?
Lol all I said was dang how good could we have looked if we didn’t spot them 14 in the first 2 minutes of the game. Tigers fought hard all night but also made lots of mistakes. Clean up those mistakes and this team could win it all.

Was able to listen to the entire game. Massillon has finally opened up the offense, a lot more diverse last night. I have been wanting to see the passing game shorten up and use the middle of the field. Last night they did. The OC realized you weren’t going to line up and run Hartson up the middle all night. Love this team for the heart they play with. Never give up. They are also cleaning up the penalties minus the last 2 plays. Overall each week they are improving and knocking off the #1 team in the state week 5 while playing almost all underclassmen is impressive. And a huge shout out to the OLINE/DLINE they held there own against some monsters on St Ed’s lines. Kilbane and Gedeon were for the most part held in check. Great win by the Tigers!!!
Great post!! We seem to FINALLY be utilizing our plethora of playmakers offensively, not just handing the ball off and chucking it deep to one receiver. We are getting Wiggins, Toles, Mitchell, Pringle and even our 2 stud tight ends more and more involved offensively. That doesn't even really include Gamble and the young Lenix. So many weapons available to our staff!
By the way, for all of the haters out there, every name I mentioned is an underclassmen, with 5 of those names being sophomores!!
Go Tigers!!

I thought it was a great game. Massillon and St. Ed's proved the team that makes the least mistakes and fights to the end often wins. 3-4 missed FGs and turnovers doomed us. Particularly a fumble after the defense held on a huge series late in the game. Massillon stuck to what they did best and were rewarded for it. Feel for our kicker.

Interestingly those were the 1st fg misses vs. an elite private school out of a previous 38 straight makes.

Just kidding but it feels like it, lol. Honestly it feels weird to catch breaks in these types games, usually its the other way around and it certainly started that way. We'll take it. I am thinking of the kicker too - and his parents. As the dad of an athlete (basketball/baseball) I can tell you we DIE in the stands praying they do well. I'm sure it hurts but he'll bounce back kids are resilient. I predict he'll have a game winner before the season is over. (y)

Interestingly those were the 1st fg misses vs. an elite private school out of a previous 38 straight makes.

Just kidding but it feels like it, lol. Honestly it feels weird to catch breaks in these types games, usually its the other way around and it certainly started that way. We'll take it. I am thinking of the kicker too - and his parents. As the dad of an athlete (basketball/baseball) I can tell you we DIE in the stands praying they do well. I'm sure it hurts but he'll bounce back kids are resilient. I predict he'll have a game winner before the season is over. (y)
If someone wanted to they could point fingers at someone after a loss in EVERY game. You fumbled, you had a PF, you jumped offsides on 3rd and 2....but I get it....it's funny though, as a Massillon fan, you DO feel for a kid....but at the same time you were hoping for his failure.

Was this 3 weeks in a row without throwing an interception? Slaughter has really been taking care of the ball and that bodes well for the future

I watched the replay and feel like he took a step forward reading plays more quickly - out of necessity. Part of the learning process. That's why we play these. That game winner to Toles was a prime example - he let it go quick before the rush could get to him this time, and trusted his receiver to be at his spot - and it obviously helped it was right on the money too. Great clutch play all around.

They applied a lot of pressure with the passing game. There really wasn’t an answer for it last night by a high quality team. It is going to be interesting to see how the offense continues to develop during the second half of the season. This is a young team that if they stay grounded can become really good. I look foreword to watching their journey.

I watched the replay and feel like he took a step forward reading plays more quickly - out of necessity. Part of the learning process. That's why we play these. That game winner to Toles was a prime example - he let it go quick before the rush could get to him this time, and trusted his receiver to be at his spot - and it obviously helped it was right on the money too. Great clutch play all around.
I know I keep mentioning this but he continues to do it....and that is keeping his eyes downfield as he scrambles, last night that little looper he threw to (I think it was Wiggins) right over the top and juuuust out of reach of a leaping LB was beautiful....dangerous, but beautiful.

Defensively, we should be able to hold our own, but a "street fight" close game in the 4th favors those guys. If we can jump on them early and get a few breaks we could win. I think Ed's is 2 tds better than Massillon overall. I'm thinking 31-14.
Oh ye of little faith

Does St Ed's still do a student broadcast on boxcast???
First, congrats to Massillon on a great win. Your kids fought hard and didn't give up against my Eagles. Good luck the rest of the way.

As for the replay, I checked my Spectrum cable package and the game will be re-broadcast at 7pm tomorrow (Sunday) on Bally Sports Great Lakes. It's channel #1308 on my Cleveland subscriber package.

As I was monitoring the game last night I couldn't help but worry that the XP problem was going to come back to bite the Tigers late. Glad it didn't.

That box score is telling as to how close of a game it was. Equal in first downs, only 26 yards difference in total yards, only one turnover all night... Kudos to both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.