St. Edward @ Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible stat
We have ONE takeaway a fumble by Mansfield.
We have 6 giveaways, 2 int’s and 4 fumbles.
Honestly, I can’t believe they only have one turnover with the athletes on the defensive side. Hope Ed’s doesn’t force any throws and holds onto the ball. On the flip side, I’m hoping Gideon or Kilbane can get a strip sack or two.

I was at the Moeller game. I would be at this game except for I'll be in Akron watching Ignatius play Hoban.

I don't know who to pick in this one. If Bullock continues to struggle with some throws that will help the Tigers immensely.

Eds run game is a game of attrition. Those massive bodies take a toll. The RB Bell pops out from behind those huge kids. The Massillon LBs have to not let the Eagles interior get to the second level.

Because of Kilbane and Gideon, I think Eds wins by 10.

Those massive bodies take a toll. The RB Bell pops out from behind those huge kids.
I watch this happen in the Cincinnati Elder game and it was very effective. Bell comes out of nowhere and if the defense isn't on its' toes, a big gainer is the result. St. Ed's kicker puts the football in the end zone on every kickoff, at least that's what happened in the Elder game. If St. Ed stays with this strategy, Tiger's kickoff returners will be out of a job but also means no fumbling like what happened in the beginning of the Moeller game.

Last edited:
As Massillon#82 mentioned, only one takeaway this year (fumble recovery against Mansfield). We’ve averaged around 1.5 takeaways per game the last 6-7 seasons. Since the Paul Brown era we’ve only had one season with single digit takeaways (1995 we had 9). I guess sometimes it’s just the way the ball bounces but hopefully we see a reversion to the mean going forward.

Inconsistent. Slaughter will throw a rope right on the money and it's dropped, the next play he throws a bounce pass on a wr screen. Last week it was clicking. If I hadn't seen them play yet this year I'd have thought that it was the norm. Hopefully it is from here on out.
Hopefully just a timing thing that's in the process of being overcome due to repetition/time on the field together.

I was at the Moeller game. I would be at this game except for I'll be in Akron watching Ignatius play Hoban.

I don't know who to pick in this one. If Bullock continues to struggle with some throws that will help the Tigers immensely.

Eds run game is a game of attrition. Those massive bodies take a toll. The RB Bell pops out from behind those huge kids. The Massillon LBs have to not let the Eagles interior get to the second level.

Because of Kilbane and Gideon, I think Eds wins by 10.

I'd like to see Ignatius v. Hoban myself. Should be a dandy good luck.

St. Ed vs Moe would be a dandy too. I think we match up better with Ed than Moe but I may be singing a different tune after the game. My biggest worry is figuring out how to score 3 to 4 td's on O.

I'd like to see Ignatius v. Hoban myself. Should be a dandy good luck.

St. Ed vs Moe would be a dandy too. I think we match up better with Ed than Moe but I may be singing a different tune after the game. My biggest worry is figuring out how to score 3 to 4 td's on O.
I just have no clue how we’re gonna block those 2 edge guys St Ed’s has. Monsters.

I just have no clue how we’re gonna block those 2 edge guys St Ed’s has. Monsters.
If Massillon is struggling to stop them then you just start running right at the two. It eliminates their aggressive rush. Then you pass off play action. It's what Stacy shoulda done in 05 against Alex Albright and St Xavier. Instead he let Bobby get killed.

Last edited:
If Massillon is struggling to stop them then you just start running right at the two. It eliminates their aggressive rush. Then you pass off play action. It's what Stacy shoulda done in 05 against Alex Albright and St Xavier. Instead he let Bobby get killed.
I would agree but these two aren’t lanky speed rush type guys. They play the run extremely well.

I just want to see the Tigers beat Lombardo. I still feel some type away about losing to him in the playoffs vs Medina Highland. I think everybody left akron a little dumbfounded after that one.

What makes Kilbane and Gideon really special is neither quits on any play.
This. Gedeon in particular. He doesn’t have the prototype size that Kilbane brings to the table, but he is insanely relentless. The game against Massillon last year where he chased a running back down from behind about 50 yards downfield was one of the best effort plays I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.