St. Edward Hockey 2019-2020

It will take a few years, but I believe the new HC and his staff will have the Eagles returning to contend in 4-5 years.

Go Eagles!

Eagles off to a 3-1 start following the Cold Turkey Shootout in Toledo where they took 3rd place. Wins over BG, Northview, and split with St. Francis.

Is the St. Edward Athletic Department planning on eventually going the PREP route like Saint Ignatius? It’s has its advantages in retaining student players who would otherwise play on a club team to get more looks from scouts and recruiters. Only problem is the schedule requires you to be on the road way more than home. I’m surprised that Eds has not done this already to keep up with the Wildcats.

I doubt it. The expense alone is something that would deter going that route. Hiring a new coach was a step and I'm sure in that process they were going to see what his long term vision was, part of that would be how you compete with and beat St. Ignatius, win state championships and continue to have a healthy hockey program. Huge win for the Eagles last night, 4-2 against Holy Name.

Eagles finish third at the Padua Christmas Tornament over the weekend going 2-0-2, with two wins against St. John's and ties against O-Liberty and St. Charles. The Columbus-area programs have really come a long way from a decade ago.

I would say its been a solid start to this season, team looks really promising outside of a tough loss to the Wildcats last weekend. They've pretty much played the best in the state and have done well in some out of state tourney's. Even with the 5-0 loss to Ignatius, they were there through 2 periods.

Ed's sweeps the weekend in hockey with a 5-0 win over Walsh Jesuit and 2-1 over Shaker Heights, both on the road!

Split weekend with a 7-3 win over US where they honored the '85 and '86 state championship teams and then an awful 5-1 loss to Gilmour away.

Split weekend with a 7-3 win over US where they honored the '85 and '86 state championship teams and then an awful 5-1 loss to Gilmour away.
Read Norm Weber's recap of the Gilmour game. Outshot them 28-12, but lost 5-1. Great conversion rate for the Lancers, and awful for us. Sounds correctable though.

Eagles tie Gilmour 2-2 and beat Findlay 4-2 over the weekend. Big improvement from the 5-1 loss they suffered to Gilmour earlier in the year.

Game tomorrow night at Winterhurst against Shaker Heights. Honoring the 1990s State championship hockey teams

Nice win over Shaker at Serpentini 4-1! Also great to see all the 90s guys back for their honoring of those state title teams.

3-1 loss to Gilmour in the Cleveland Cup final. State tournament starts this weekend and the Eagles should be a favorite to reach the district final. A rematch with the Wildcats will await, and small miracle will likely be needed to advance.

Funny how Holy Name took a more difficult path and wanted to play St. Eds in the second round rather than play Iggy in the semi finals. Weird how that happen. No respect i guess.

Eagles beat the Namers 3-0 last night. Last year they dropped us out of the playoffs 4-1 I believe. District Semifinal against Rocky River on Saturday.

St. Ed's wins against the Rocky River Pirates 6-1. Back in the district final and against an old nemesis too. Game is 1pm at Brooklyn next Saturday.

St. Ed's wins against the Rocky River Pirates 6-1. Back in the district final and against an old nemesis too. Game is 1pm at Brooklyn next Saturday.
I remember six or seven years ago Ignatius had some sort of incredible record, like 42-0, and was a heavy favorite to win the state. In the district final Ed's beat them by one or two goals. On this Saturday Ignatius will again be the favorite, but I'm deathly afraid of what the Eagles can do.

I remember six or seven years ago Ignatius had some sort of incredible record, like 42-0, and was a heavy favorite to win the state. In the district final Ed's beat them by one or two goals. On this Saturday Ignatius will again be the favorite, but I'm deathly afraid of what the Eagles can do.

That was in 2012. St. Ignatius came in at 39-0 and the Eagles won 3-2 in the District Final. One of the more intense high school game experiences I've witnessed. Brooklyn Rec was packed with plenty of supporters from both schools as well as casual hockey fans looking for a good game. They had played twice in the regular season, both times Ed's had jumped out to leads and then blew them in the third period. One game at Winterhurst and another outdoors at the old Winter fest the Indians used to put on. Once again Ed's jumped out to a lead only to see the Wildcats tie it with like 9 minutes left in the game. It looked like another collapse but within a minute the Eagles took the lead once again. With some pretty nervous moments throughout the rest of the game, they held on for the big upset. Unfortunately they lost in the state final that year to a very good Sylvania Northview team.