St. Edward (4-0) @ Massillon (3-1)

As an alumni of St Edward, I enjoy the Massilon experience. St Edward and Massilon are not rivals. They've only played something like seven times in history. Hardly a number you can build or claim a rivaly on. They're not even in the same division anymore, but its great to see the competition between two great programs. The traditional St Edward fan doesn't expouse the hate directed at Massilon that you see on so many of these threads. The truth is St Edward fans love the atmosphere at Massillon. How can you not? Go to Kindler's Pub for a re-game burger. Take in the next-level tailgating. Its really great history. As a Cleveland Brown's fan I'm very proud to see how Massilon has kept Paul Brown's legacy alive.The St Edward kids getting a chance to play at Paul Brown stadium is truly a great lifetime opportunity. Win or lose, that in itself is an honor. Good luck to the Massilon Tigers going forward.
You are not an alumni of St. Ed's, you are an alumnus. Study your Latin and recognize the difference between singular and plural nouns.

What excuse? 10 pt. game til mid-4th and had 4 cracks from the 10 yard line. Against best team in state(?). Future looks bright.

This year could not have expected any better w/ the regular starters playing frankly.
Lol! Sand bagging suns-a-bitches! It was a lose lose situation! Going up against the biggest dog in the state! Sits some dude's out, smart move I think! Nevertheless still pretty impressive to do what you're team did. Good luck Going fwd. Tigers!

We knew that we weren't going to match up well upfront with Ed's and that's why they were able to make those plays over the top, we couldn't get any pressure. Conversely, on offense we weren't going to be able to run between the tackles because we don't have the talent upfront.
We've got more than a chance, this program is rolling and the future is really bright. As always we've got things that have to be addressed and cleaned up, but overall we're in great shape.
Actually, we were able toget a lot of pressure on their QB, he just got out of the pocket well, kept his eyes downfield and threw well on the run.

Three freshman, Slaughter, QB (in relief), Wright DT (starter) and Hendricks K/P (starter), three sophomores, Smith RB (in relief), Snodgrass C (starter) and Clark LB (starter), played the entire, or the majority of the game.
Actually, I forgot about DT/FB Landen Petros who is a sophomore starter, so....after the unfortunate exits by McElroy and Hartson, we had 3 freshmen and 4 sophomores playing.

You are not an alumni of St. Ed's, you are an alumnus. Study your Latin and recognize the difference between singular and plural nouns.
What if I did it on purpose just to bait a Jesuit into displaying pompousness?

Truth be told, I didn't. Nevertheless, only an Evil Empire grad would feel the need to point that out.Yes, I stand corrected. Now the Massilon faithful know what we have to put up with on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I watched the replay several times he had one foot in and almost got two feet. Great catch.
I stand corrected.
I sat with St.Edds fans and from that perspective and the replay screen it looked like he was out. The qb looks smooth. The question is, do you start him from here on out? I was proud of the way this young team played. I'm looking forward to all they can accomplish this year and into the future.

I read quite a few post from program supporters favoring the freshman to start and let him take his bruises early on and end up being a 4 year starter. Based on last nights effort, he brings a lot more excitement and playmaking then the senior.

I read quite a few post from program supporters favoring the freshman to start and let him take his bruises early on and end up being a 4 year starter. Based on last nights effort, he brings a lot more excitement and playmaking then the senior.
The thing I liked is he came in against one of if not the best team in Ohio and didn’t look overwhelmed. Yes he will make mistakes but he can throw and has very good touch on his ball. The other plus is he won’t see many defenses the rest of the year as good as the Ed’s defense till the playoffs so he has 5 weeks to improve. Even in the playoffs the first several rounds will be below average defenses so essentially he could have 8 weeks of games to get ready for the Hobans or Lasalle caliber defense.

I stand corrected.
I sat with St.Edds fans and from that perspective and the replay screen it looked like he was out. The qb looks smooth. The question is, do you start him from here on out? I was proud of the way this young team played. I'm looking forward to all they can accomplish this year and into the future.
As the St Ed’s announcers said: “they would be crazy not to play this kid the rest of the year”

I think that’s what we will see. Hopefully we can find a way for McElroy to contribute because he is a good athlete but not sure we will risk our only viable backup.

Excuses? No sweetie, that's me being positive about moving forward. St Ed was probably going to win had McElroy, Hartson, Rue and Beasley played. No excuses here, the Pick Central and St. Ed's are always going to be a challenge but....you wouldn't understand....congrats on the big Ellet win though.
Sweetie?? I think you have your forums mixed up....and yes excuses. I heard about who didnt I play, how may underclassmen played...blah blah blah. As for Green, Im a casual fan because thats where I live...Im a fan of high school sports. Its obnixious people like you that turn every thread into a crap show. Ive been to many Massillon games in the past, but you make it impossible to root for them.

Sweetie?? I think you have your forums mixed up....and yes excuses. I heard about who didnt I play, how may underclassmen played...blah blah blah. As for Green, Im a casual fan because thats where I live...Im a fan of high school sports. Its obnixious people like you that turn every thread into a crap show. Ive been to many Massillon games in the past, but you make it impossible to root for them.
Not that I’m trying to defend him but over on the Green v Mck thread all the talk was about Green being without a few good players and not having depth going against a big D1 school. How is that not “excuses”?

Not that I’m trying to defend him but over on the Green v Mck thread all the talk was about Green being without a few good players and not having depth going against a big D1 school. How is that not “excuses”?
I mentioned the 2 players out will have a huge impact on Green. Thats a fact. Not an excuse. Green doesnt have enough talent to overcome their top players being out. It was more of me saying I wish Green was at full strength to see what kind of team they actually have. I have no clue if the outcome would of been different if those 2 players would of played. I never mentioned about competing against bigger D1 schools...thats the division Green is in and they have to live with it

No....you heard about who DID play and how well we battled with the young kids and every kid in general. If I were a Green fan, I'd claim "casual" too. I understand. I could care less what you think of me or my Tigers or if you cheer for them or not....but....if turning a thread into a crap show turns you off, where is your criticism of the trolls who constantly tear Massillon threads apart?

I mentioned the 2 players out will have a huge impact on Green. Thats a fact. Not an excuse. Green doesnt have enough talent to overcome their top players being out. It was more of me saying I wish Green was at full strength to see what kind of team they actually have. I have no clue if the outcome would of been different if those 2 players would of played. I never mentioned about competing against bigger D1 schools...thats the division Green is in and they have to live with it
Yeah, I agree that they are valid points and not excuses either. Just not sure why you called Massillon losing its best player after three touches, it’s starting QB in the second quarter, best D lineman in the 3rd quarter, all after starting the game without 3 other starters a bunch of excuses.

Oh and we were playing the best team in the state.

No....you heard about who DID play and how well we battled with the young kids and every kid in general. If I were a Green fan, I'd claim "casual" too. I understand. I could care less what you think of me or my Tigers or if you cheer for them or not....but....if turning a thread into a crap show turns you off, where is your criticism of the trolls who constantly tear Massillon threads apart?
You reap what you sow...you att
Yeah, I agree that they are valid points and not excuses either. Just not sure why you called Massillon losing its best player after three touches, it’s starting QB in the second quarter, best D lineman in the 3rd quarter, all after starting the game without 3 other starters a bunch of excuses.
More of a rebuttal to JLP responding to my post about Greens players as excuses.

Ive mentioned many times about a thread getting derailed by Massillon vs someone. It gets old on both sides.