St. Edward (4-0) @ Massillon (3-1)

2004 was at Lakewood Stadium
My apologies. Massillon's web site is incorrect.

Massillon wants the game at home. Last year they played all their regular season games at home. They have 3 road games this year. they have played 7 road games in last 3 seasons
Thankfully the Massillon AD has put all of the opposing teams AD’s in a brainwashed state so they agree to play at Massillon.
Since you know so much why don’t you let everyone know the Tigers record on the road for this year and the previous 4 seasons.

Now that we got the usual Massillon trolls giving out wrong information as usual maybe we can get back to talking about the game. Usually when the football talk starts the trolls disappear.
Ed’s fans how big of a leap has Ramos taken at QB this year ?

That's not true, it was definitely at Lakewood. The 2000 game was pretty incredible. Justin Zwick led late drive that culminated in like a 52 yard field goal to win it as time expired. Controversially, there was a play on that drive that was ruled an incomplete pass that Eagle fans swear he threw sitting down. Seems like ages ago but the playoffs had just expanded to 8 teams per region and Ed's had not made them since 1996 with a lot of mediocre teams in the late 1990s. They had been blown out by Ignatius in the Holy War the week before something like 37-0 and it looked like Ed's needed a win against Massillon to secure the playoff birth. The Eagles missed like 3 FG's and an extra point from what I remember which set the stage for the late game dramatics.

In 2004 Ed's rocked Massillon, I think it was Shepas' last year. The year before wasn't that close either, something like 27-6 with the only Tiger score coming on an Eagle defender running the wrong way on an INT. No chance in the '04 game, the Eagles had their way with them at Lakewood Stadium. Still shocked that the next year in the '05 state semifinal at the Rubber Bowl that Massillon beat St. Ed's in another thrilling game, coming from down 17-7 in the 4th quarter to win 21-17. How a team that had been beaten so soundly the previous two years changed and developed that much still seems crazy but that's why you play the games. Probably Gibbon's best team at St. Ed's in 2005.
3rd and 30....one of the most important plays in history. Oops, maybe I better clarify for the...."slower" folks. One of the most important plays in Massillon HISTORY.

Yes
Lakewood Stadium
October 20, 2000
Massillon won 28-27
Don't know about this one.
But plenty of games were played there in the 60's, including my Wildcats beating Cathedral Latin on a rainy Saturday night there in 68.

I think it's still there, but rarely ever used. Perhaps falling apart.

Last edited:
There was a game where our only touchdown was when the kid ran to the wrong end zone and we took the ball from him.

Ya a Massillon fan shouldn’t be on a thread about the Massillon vs St Ed’s game it should only be Massillon Jackson and Walsh Jesuit fans right ? ???‍♂️
You forgot he was arguing with St Ed’s fans who even told him he was wrong. ???
St Edward’s defense will be too much for the one dimensional Massillon offense. They don’t have a weak unit on D and are very aggressive.
On offense the Eagles are very balanced with an experienced senior QB Ramos, who is probably one of the most improved signal callers in the state. The only criticism I have for the visitors is that they don’t have that superstar at RB, like Jordan Castleberry from years past.
The line is enormous averaging about 285 or so. Watch out for sophomore tackle Roebuck who will be one that all the scouts will know about by next year. The Tigers D is very stout but has shown to be weak at times on the ground (PC) and in the air (Harding). They’ll have to be able to defend both against St Edward.
It’s tough to play 2 emotional games in a row at this level so there’s that to consider as well.

The Eagles win by 3 scores. Massillon’s home field advantage may keep it a bit closer.

Now that we got the usual Massillon trolls giving out wrong information as usual maybe we can get back to talking about the game. Usually when the football talk starts the trolls disappear.
Ed’s fans how big of a leap has Ramos taken at QB this year ?
RAMOS RUNS THE BALL WELL, LIKES THE READ OPTION AND CAN PASS WHEN NECESSARY. I THINK HE'S A BETTER RUNNER THAN DAN ENOVICH. CHECK THEM OUT FOR YOURSELF. I'M NOT A DIEHARD EDS FAN, BUT I ENJOY WATCHING THEM PLAY AND LIKE TO SEE THEM WIN.

That's not true, it was definitely at Lakewood. The 2000 game was pretty incredible. Justin Zwick led late drive that culminated in like a 52 yard field goal to win it as time expired. Controversially, there was a play on that drive that was ruled an incomplete pass that Eagle fans swear he threw sitting down. Seems like ages ago but the playoffs had just expanded to 8 teams per region and Ed's had not made them since 1996 with a lot of mediocre teams in the late 1990s. They had been blown out by Ignatius in the Holy War the week before something like 37-0 and it looked like Ed's needed a win against Massillon to secure the playoff birth. The Eagles missed like 3 FG's and an extra point from what I remember which set the stage for the late game dramatics.

In 2004 Ed's rocked Massillon, I think it was Shepas' last year. The year before wasn't that close either, something like 27-6 with the only Tiger score coming on an Eagle defender running the wrong way on an INT. No chance in the '04 game, the Eagles had their way with them at Lakewood Stadium. Still shocked that the next year in the '05 state semifinal at the Rubber Bowl that Massillon beat St. Ed's in another thrilling game, coming from down 17-7 in the 4th quarter to win 21-17. How a team that had been beaten so soundly the previous two years changed and developed that much still seems crazy but that's why you play the games. Probably Gibbon's best team at St. Ed's in 2005.
36 yard field goal

RAMOS RUNS THE BALL WELL, LIKES THE READ OPTION AND CAN PASS WHEN NECESSARY. I THINK HE'S A BETTER RUNNER THAN DAN ENOVICH. CHECK THEM OUT FOR YOURSELF. I'M NOT A DIEHARD EDS FAN, BUT I ENJOY WATCHING THEM PLAY AND LIKE TO SEE THEM WIN.

CAPS LOCK KEY STILL BROKEN (YEARS AFTER YOU REPORTED THE INITIAL MALFUNCTION) I SEE-- MAYBE TRY GETTING A NEW KEYBOARD. ALWAYS WONDERED WHY YOUR SCREEN NAME IS ABLE TO BE INPUT IN LOWER CASE, BUT NOT YOUR ACTUAL MESSAGES...

1999 Massillon Washington 31 St. Edward 14 @ Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium
2000 Massillon Washington 28 St. Edward 27 @ Lakewood Stadium
2003 St. Edward 27 Massillon Washington 6 @ Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium
2004 St. Edward 37 Massillon Washington 7 @ Lakewood Stadium
2005 Massillon Washington 21 St. Edward 17 @ Rubber Bowl (State Semi-Finals)
2020 St. Edward 24 Massillon Washington 23 @ Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium
2021 St. Edward vs. Massillon Washington @ Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium

Like I wrote in my Massillon-Harding preview last week, one thing that Coach Nate Moore isn’t going to do is duck tough competition. He never had that luxury in the MAC at Minster or in the GCL at La Salle. Massillon isn’t in a conference, but Moore’s philosophy seems to be that you’re either elite or you’re not.

St. Eds isn’t too far removed from their best decade ever and they seems to be picking it back up where they left off. They paid their dues to get where they’re at, which is something that most don’t think about when they only see the greatness in front of them.

Massillon fans should be thrilled to be playing programs like Eds & Pickerington Central on top of their rivalries with McKinley, Harding, Fitch, etc. You’re guaranteed to see something great every week! To be the best, you have to beat the best. If that’s not your goal, why risk your life playing the game?

Best of luck to both teams! ??

Like I wrote in my Massillon-Harding preview last week, one thing that Coach Nate Moore isn’t going to do is duck tough competition. He never had that luxury in the MAC at Minster or in the GCL at La Salle. Massillon isn’t in a conference, but Moore’s philosophy seems to be that you’re either elite or you’re not.

St. Eds isn’t too far removed from their best decade ever and they seems to be picking it back up where they left off. They paid their dues to get where they’re at, which is something that most don’t think about when they only see the greatness in front of them.

Massillon fans should be thrilled to be playing programs like Eds & Pickerington Central on top of their rivalries with McKinley, Harding, Fitch, etc. You’re guaranteed to see something great every week! To be the best, you have to beat the best. If that’s not your goal, why risk your life playing the game?

Best of luck to both teams! ??
Well said. This game will be close one way or another. Get your popcorn ready.