St. Edward 2022-23

Sounds like Jonny Slaper had a tough semi loss. Eagles were deducted 1 team point when Slaper let the ref know his feelings!

C9A5CBED-21E4-4430-9A8E-7A7B7CA172B5.jpeg

Congratulations to Ethan Timar. Prior to this tournament, I had never seen him wrestle. Now I understand why he wins so many matches. My son called him "squirmy". I think what that means is he always somehow seems to end up on the top of most 50/50 situations. Which is about the best compliment you can give a wrestler, in my opinion.

Whatever you want to call it, he had a pretty bad draw (also in my opinion). He went through the 2, 3, and 4 kids in the state on his way to the title.

Respect.

Congratulations to Ethan Timar. Prior to this tournament, I had never seen him wrestle. Now I understand why he wins so many matches. My son called him "squirmy". I think what that means is he always somehow seems to end up on the top of most 50/50 situations. Which is about the best compliment you can give a wrestler, in my opinion.

Whatever you want to call it, he had a pretty bad draw (also in my opinion). He went through the 2, 3, and 4 kids in the state on his way to the title.

Respect.
106 was a tougher weight class this year also, Timar was undersized last year is what likely kept him from starting. Brown at 113 has great positional awareness, doesn't wrestle like a freshman.