St. Edward 2022-23

mailman112

What a stressful weekend. A great job by the coaching staff and support staff getting those kids ready to wrestle and have the correct mindset. All 12 of those wrestlers contributed to another title for the Eagles. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were this young. The future is very bright and we will need to continue to work hard to keep ahead of the competition. Which will be fierce the next few years.
So, time to look ahead to next year. projected line up.

6 Timar/Incoming freshman
13 incoming freshman
20 Manns
26 Butler
32 Brown
38 Bennett
44 Eaton
50 Goldberg/O'brien Androsik
57 incoming freshman
65 Miller
75 Miller
90 Delsanter/Waugh
15 Slapper/Greggory
hwy Regovich/Kilbane

Last edited:

What a stressful weekend. A great job by the coaching staff and support staff getting those kids ready to wrestle and have the correct mindset. All 12 of those wrestlers contributed to another title for the Eagles. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were this young. The future is very bright and we will need to continue to work hard to keep ahead of the competition. Which will be fierce the next few years.

13 incoming freshman
20 Manns
26 Butler
32 Brown
38 Bennett
44 Goldberg/Androsik
50 Eaton
57 incoming freshman
65 Miller
75 Miller
90 Slapper/Waugh
15 Delsanter/Greggory
hwy Regovich/Kilbane
This projected lineup is bonkers. This was made to just create talk. There is no logic behind this .

Last edited:
This projected lineup is bonkers. This was made to just create talk. There is no logic behind this .
If this is sarcasm that I am missing due to it being a message board please ignore this. Create talk? On a message board? You don’t say?! Of course it’s a projected lineup to create talk. Call it crazy all you want, Mailman does one of these every year, they’re never very far off, look at last year’s it’s not very far off the top of the 1st or 2nd page. While I doubt he is getting a weight by weight breakdown by Coach Heff, there is clearly logic to it and he isn’t pulling it out of thin air.

So by my count, 8 returning state placers, 2 seconds, 3 fourths, 2 fifths, and a 7th. Plus a frosh middleweight who lost in the blood round and a frosh who was state worthy most of the year but lost in the blood round at districts. Going to be an awfully good team, I’m betting they top the 11 placers and 176 points that the 22 team put up. Perrysburg will be really good again, but St Ed’s will outdepth them again.

If Timar makes 106 again he is going to be a problem for the rest of the 106’s in the state. Beat State 4th Stanley in the state duals, teched a Michigan State 8th and pinned a Michigan State fifth in his other opportunities in the varsity lineup that I know of. I’d also expect incoming frosh at 113/106 to be really good right away if it’s who I assume it is.

Timar cant beat the incoming freshman if he comes, yes Timar is tough but not beating that freshmen. They will need some to go up to 113, and i dont see either of those two being the ones to do it, but the incoming freshman has more of the 113 frame. Butler all the way up to 126? Either way ed's is going to be solid for a few years to say the least and the coaches always seem to get the most out of the guys they do have in the room.

I wonder if the 2022-2023 St. Edward Eagles will shake hands with opposing coaches when the win AND when they lose. Seem to only shake hands when they win. My guess is no.

Either do it every time or don't do it every time. Doing it only when you win reeks of entitlement.

Off my soap box now

I wonder if the 2022-2023 St. Edward Eagles will shake hands with opposing coaches when the win AND when they lose. Seem to only shake hands when they win. My guess is no.

Either do it every time or don't do it every time. Doing it only when you win reeks of entitlement.

Off my soap box now
This post sounds like pure haterness. Nothing else to knit pick? So no other student has forgotten to shake a hand except eds??

Off my soap box now
1647376807958.png

Timar cant beat the incoming freshman if he comes, yes Timar is tough but not beating that freshmen. They will need some to go up to 113, and i dont see either of those two being the ones to do it, but the incoming freshman has more of the 113 frame. Butler all the way up to 126? Either way ed's is going to be solid for a few years to say the least and the coaches always seem to get the most out of the guys they do have in the room.
Agreed he’s not beating that incoming freshman, that incoming freshman is darn good, so is the 157. Hopefully all of them can make the lineup at an ideal weight for them

This post sounds like pure haterness. Nothing else to knit pick? So no other student has forgotten to shake a hand except eds??
This is program wide behavior. Not a case of "oops he forgot". I have noticed it for YEARS.

Either shake hands everytime, win or lose, or dont shake hands every time. But doing it only when you win is BS.

***I would say the same things to ANY PROGRAM. It has nothing to do with "Hatred of St. Edwards"***

This is program wide behavior. Not a case of "oops he forgot". I have noticed it for YEARS.

Either shake hands everytime, win or lose, or dont shake hands every time. But doing it only when you win is BS.

***I would say the same things to ANY PROGRAM. It has nothing to do with "Hatred of St. Edwards"
To say the behavior of a kid is indicative of a program is the definition of stereotype. If it's a program wide behavior then can u provide proof that any coach, administrator or even a teacher has endorsed or taught a behavior. Did you think that maybe there's a reason behind a kids behavior other than concluding it's a program wide behavior?

Why only stereotype one school? Didn't the top 10 schools also exhibit some form of an opinionated negative behavior? I clearly saw Perrysburg as well display negative behavior much worse than a lack of a handshake.

To say the behavior of a kid is indicative of a program is the definition of stereotype. If it's a program wide behavior then can u provide proof that any coach, administrator or even a teacher has endorsed or taught a behavior. Did you think that maybe there's a reason behind a kids behavior other than concluding it's a program wide behavior?

Why only stereotype one school? Didn't the top 10 schools also exhibit some form of an opinionated negative behavior? I clearly saw Perrysburg as well display negative behavior much worse than a lack of a handshake.
Now you are fishing... I didn't say that Ed's coaches or admin teaches the behavior. It also isn't their ENTIRE team so I should rephrase what I said. There are only a few that I have seen display this behavior on THIS St. Edward team. I have seen it as well in years past.

I do not have video evidence that I can link. But its not hard to find, watch matches from the State Tournament. I am not going to put specific names and weight classes but watch the matches they win vs the matches they lose.

13 incoming freshman
20 Manns
26 Butler
32 Brown
38 Bennett
44 Goldberg/Androsik
50 Eaton
57 incoming freshman
65 Miller
75 Miller
90 Slapper/Waugh
15 Delsanter/Greggory
hwy Regovich/Kilbane
Ed's going to have a tough time winning another title with this line up. With 7 state champs and 9 runner ups coming back Perrysburg will win title with 5 state champs

This happens at every school.
This probably belongs in a thread of its own, but I agree that it is a widespread problem not specific to just one team. The following was from "Nick's Quick Sticks" in 2017, and it stuck out to me so much that I had copied it to a Word doc and saved it:

It’s one of the noblest moments in our sport. The handshake requires humility and respect.

Cornell head coach Rob Koll agreed that the handshake rule calls for maturity and discipline, no matter whether one is pleased with a match’s outcome, or not. He added that a movement of the past 15 years or so, where a wrestler (voluntarily) shakes the opposing coach’s hand, can be telling, too.

“We had one of our guys beat a kid, and that same kid (at a later date) beat one of our wrestlers. The first time, when he lost to our guy, he ran right off the mat (after the required handshake of opponents). But when he later won a match over one of my guys, he came over to shake my hand.”

Koll noticed the wrestler’s post-match behavioral discrepancy.

“If it’s not your thing (shaking the opposing coach’s hand), fine,” he said. “But be consistent.”

Koll’s is an important notice; show sportsmanship and class when it’s difficult, not just when it’s easy.

Koll narrated an event that left an impression on him. Ohio State’s Nathan Tomasello had just lost a heartbreaker in the semifinals at the NCAA Championships. While Koll couldn’t remember whether it was the 2016 or 2017 tournament — Tomasello lost both years in the semis, after winning a national title his freshman year — he remembers observing a young man do the right thing, at the most difficult time to do so.

“How he carried himself after the match, he just impressed me,” Koll said. “I remember his class, even though you know the kid’s hurting.”

No slapping his opponent’s hand in a “kind of” handshake. No storming off the mat. Sportsmanship displayed in a most trying moment, before private, hot tears are shed.

I relayed Koll’s words to Tomasello.

“That’s good to hear,” Tomasello said. “Respecting your opponent is important. The other stuff, that’s not good for our sport.”

I can't tell you how many times one of my wrestlers has won, and the opposing wrestler either A) doesn't shake hands with me, B) they give a completely limp handshake, or C) they slap my hand. Yet when those same wrestlers win they give a nice firm handshake with eye contact... I get it, we all hate to lose, but be consistent. Any time one of my wrestlers loses and I sense that they're about to storm off, I give them a stern look and point to the other coach's corner. I know how it looks being on the other end of it so I do my darndest to make sure we don't do that.

Guessing it’s Rohr at 106 & Peterson at 157
That’s who I am assuming the 106/113 and 157 are. We usually get more people to confirm who is going where after JH State. I’d also assume returnjng JH finalist Driscoll is going to Ed’s. So maybe not the incredible depth of this year’s freshman class, but that’s 3 pretty darn good kids

Hopefully Kilbane wrestles his senior year, given that he’s clearly a football guy first I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t.

That’s who I am assuming the 106/113 and 157 are. We usually get more people to confirm who is going where after JH State. I’d also assume returnjng JH finalist Driscoll is going to Ed’s. So maybe not the incredible depth of this year’s freshman class, but that’s 3 pretty darn good kids

Hopefully Kilbane wrestles his senior year, given that he’s clearly a football guy first I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t.
Ed's has had the best of the best prospects coming in MANY years. I've seen a lot of disappointed parents who think their JH State champ was guaranteed an ELITE high school/college career. Depends how good the competition was for starters.

Ed's has had the best of the best prospects coming in MANY years. I've seen a lot of disappointed parents who think their JH State champ was guaranteed an ELITE high school/college career. Depends how good the competition was for starters.
You forgot to mention that the freshman starters only get in the lineup because of the weakness in the room(not ability). Just extrapolating that from your comments in other threads.

You forgot to mention that the freshman starters only get in the lineup because of the weakness in the room(not ability). Just extrapolating that from your comments in other threads.
Ok you're right ALL State Champs, wight class strength, college results are all the same. Doesn't matter if you're named an MVP winning a weight class with a couple state finalists or placers, nationally ranked competitors , or winning a class with not a single participant ranked top 50 nationally. Doesn't matter if you're ranked top 3 in the Country at your weight class...every other state champ is just as good. Ok? How's that Bozo?

I think Eds will be fine if Kilbane skips his senior year. Slaper and Delsanter return and Waugh or Gregory can fill the void.

I saw Brayton Feister wrestling in the JH state duals for St. Eds team. He may have looked the best of anyone out there that day. Any idea if he is considering Eds?