St. Edward 2013-2014

Should be a good one if Holy Name takes care of business tomorrow night. A rematch of a shocker last year when the Green Wave upset the Eagles in the same round. Holy Name has built a nice program over the last few years and are really looking at taking the next step, Ed's has sustained success but have not won a state title since 2008, although have made the state finals twice since then.

Yes, St. Edward grad Tim Sullivan is doing a nice job with that program.

I wouldn't go jumping off any bridges yet. We are only a few seasons removed from back-to-back state championship appearances. There seems to be a little more parity at the top the last few years with the usual suspects (Ed's, Ignatius, US, the Toledo faction) and some new emerging programs (Holy Name, a couple of the Columbus teams). It's good to see the sport become more competitive outside of the blue bloods. This certainly was a down year for the Eagles though, and losing Tyler Harkins was a big blow for a team that struggled to generate offense against the good teams.

Somewhere Bob Whidden is asking wtf have you people done to my program! :dang:[/Q

tim sullivan, j levenduski(sp) and a few other eds grads have brought a mental and physical toughness they learned from coach whidden to hn. i think its time for a change