Springfield vs Trotwood

But why did Princeton put it out there that they are searching for a new week 3 opponent if they are somehow obligated to play Coffman?

I found out they weren't. I was just guessing because I don't know the reason just like everyone on yappi lol

So why would Princeton choose to travel to Coffman when they could have hosted Springfield? This reeks of Princeton didn't want to play Springfield.

All I know is the players and fans wanted Springfield and we got Dublin Coffman. I really doubt that Princeton just didn't want to play Springfield because they are scared of them. Great program that Mo has built, but you guys barely beat a team that has gone 3-6 their last 9 games at home on a pick 6 to win the game. We both have stuff to work on and move on to Lima and Coffman.

He has played awesome, but you can see some young sophomore moments. That's ok, but I still would want Lynn to take on a team like Springfield for Princeton
Tbh, SHS wasn't all that sharp in game 1 until last half of the 4th qtr. I think SHS-Princeton would have been a great game.

All I know is the players and fans wanted Springfield and we got Dublin Coffman. I really doubt that Princeton just didn't want to play Springfield because they are scared of them. Great program that Mo has built, but you guys barely beat a team that has gone 3-6 their last 9 games at home on a pick 6 to win the game. We both have stuff to work on and move on to Lima and Coffman.
Right. I don't think it's a mismatch. The part I don't understand is trading a home game for a pretty far away game when you don't have to.

Trotwood and the Dayton public schools do their students a disservice like nobody else. They go out of their way to send them into the world unprepared.
That is one of the most racist statements and so not true. Before you write anything that ignorant please do your homework. Yes there are kids that fall by the wayside but there are so many that are doing great. One of the dumbest comments of all time.

With the way things have been the last two weeks, everyone should just be happy to have a game. I would have much rather seen Princeton or Elder for Springfield, but I'm glad Lima took the game.

Good job by the Springfield AD getting it done and making it known publicly early on they'd play pretty much anyone and would travel if needed to make it work. Hopefully this starts some relationship with Lima, especially for basketball, as they're going to be independent in another year or two and will always need games.

With the way things have been the last two weeks, everyone should just be happy to have a game. I would have much rather seen Princeton or Elder for Springfield, but I'm glad Lima took the game.

Good job by the Springfield AD getting it done and making it known publicly early on they'd play pretty much anyone and would travel if needed to make it work. Hopefully this starts some relationship with Lima, especially for basketball, as they're going to be independent in another year or two and will always need games.
Does Lima have anything like the teams that they used to have, when they won a state title? If not, what caused the decline (I'm assuming enrollment decline)?

Does Lima have anything like the teams that they used to have, when they won a state title? If not, what caused the decline (I'm assuming enrollment decline)?
Hard to tell by their first opponent, but judging by the last few years I doubt they would be very formidable in the bigger D1 leagues in SW Ohio.

They seem to have the same problems typical city schools have IMO. Huge population loss over the last 40-50 years resulting in less enrollment, and a gradual increase in the level of poverty in the community that is usually over represented in the school system. The right coach could probably build a very good D2 football program there much like their boys basketball program, but it is also easier said than done.

There's a few with long term memory on the TRAC thread, could answer your question as to the current situation and the "why's." Senior does have a lot of seniors on the current team.

TRAC

I wonder if Wayne may cancel games since they started they moved to remote learning. I'm really looking forward to the SHS-Wayne game

They beat Bowsher 60-0 on 8/19. Lima was 1-5 last year

That's all I know lol

When SHS announced they had a game with Lima, Elder then became available. Oh well, great job to get a game. Go Cats!
I have a feeling cancelations will happen every week. Elder or Princeton would have been such great matchups

I wonder if Wayne may cancel games since they started they moved to remote learning. I'm really looking forward to the SHS-Wayne game
Man, I really hope not. That should be a quality game, and it would make it three weeks in a row where Springfield is left scrambling for an opponent.

So how good is Princeton? They looked good against Anderson but Anderson D has been weak in recent years.
They whipped my beloved Tigers…..
Coffman faithful say this Coffman team worst in 20 years.
I know Parker is the man, has a great track record and I know at least 1 transfer from WW.
is Princeton the new WW or wait a year?
I’m really hoping Princeton is very good and my Tigers are improved……

So how good is Princeton? They looked good against Anderson but Anderson D has been weak in recent years.
They whipped my beloved Tigers…..
Coffman faithful say this Coffman team worst in 20 years.
I know Parker is the man, has a great track record and I know at least 1 transfer from WW.
is Princeton the new WW or wait a year?
I’m really hoping Princeton is very good and my Tigers are improved……
Lots of offensive firepower that will only get better once the regular starting QB returns. Dual threat guy committed to Buffalo. Tons of running threats and two tall jump ball receivers. Not that big on the D line, but still plenty athletic across the front seven that stops the run and has generated a great pass rush. Susceptible to the deep ball passing game despite having experience in the secondary. Special teams looks to finally be a strength after years of being a liability. Penalized way too much, glaring weakness.

I think you can consider this year a success if they're one of the last four teams left in the region.